Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: your AMP | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

This was taken at a gig I played in March. Low light (like usual). That's a Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special and my PRS Custom 22. No, that's not an SE, that's an '06. I also have an '01 Singlecut, but sometimes, you don't stage room for everything. I only had one pedal (other than my tuner) that night, my Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by ravenreaver View Post
    I'm just wondering but how would you go about finding schematics and learning to make these.
    If you dig around the internet schematics can be found for nearly all commercially sold guitar amps, at least the tube ones. I started in the late 90's with a website ax84.com . I kept making better amps and then one day "kryptonite" came out and I wanted a footswitch to go from clean to distortion. Of course a pedal could have done the job but instead I spent a lot of hours making the amp in the pic. I'm so glad I did it though, it sounds great. If I can figure out how to hang sound samples on this I'll put some up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sornborger View Post
    If you dig around the internet schematics can be found for nearly all commercially sold guitar amps, at least the tube ones. I started in the late 90's with a website ax84.com . I kept making better amps and then one day "kryptonite" came out and I wanted a footswitch to go from clean to distortion. Of course a pedal could have done the job but instead I spent a lot of hours making the amp in the pic. I'm so glad I did it though, it sounds great. If I can figure out how to hang sound samples on this I'll put some up.
    Wish I took the time to do that. Anyone here who thinks Marshall, Fender, or Boogie started as a big company is sadly mistaken. As a matter of fact, Dumble, Z, and Bogner pride themselves on being small and selling only to some customers. Dr. Z has gotten more commercial since Brad Paisley, but I still consider them Boutique, because you can get hand wired specials. You might make some duckies if you get the right clients, Sornborger.

I've thought about it but there are plenty of people with more talent than I have that have tried without much success. I'll stick to enjoying it for myself, and enjoying my homebrew and homemade New Haven style pizza and Rocksmith of course

Quote Originally Posted by ravenreaver View Post
    While I'm thinking about it what amp is this?
    its a dave mustanie mega stack( 15 watt head with two 10 inch cabinets), it has four custom tones stored in it. approved by dave i guess, all in all its sounds great to me

I have been watching videos on you tube of Seth Chapla and i was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of amp he is using to melt faces with ,it looks like he built a box for a rack mount and on the bottom is the amp , but i cant tell ,

Handwired Vox AC30 with Celestion alnico blues.

I use a little fender mustang modeling amp and it has done well for me. Lots of cool features for $100. The fender fuse software is pretty awesome.

Yamaha GA-10 and a DIY amp

VOX VT80+, great little amp. I'll hopefully upgrade to the AC15HW1 soon.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast