Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: HEAT... the nearly useless ability | Forums

I kill a lot of people with heat. I usually roll with my friend and we roll double heat, we can lock down the tracks on station using heat back to back. You just have to communicate. I know pugs have no sense of teamwork, but with a fireteam you should be able to get creative with it. I prefer using it over the bugged blitz.

On a side note earlier today I was in a game with Rock and heated him zoomed up and everything. He walk to me to melee me and had to cut off heat to swing at him(got him). Still think we should be able to use a pistol using it. I meaning we can reload during(using both hands to reload) it why can't we shoot?!
    Last edited by iSqueegeeman; 05-02-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iSqueegeeman View Post
    I kill a lot of people with heat. I usually roll with my friend and we roll double heat, we can lock down the tracks on station using heat back to back. You just have to communicate. I know pugs have no sense of teamwork, but with a fireteam you should be able to get creative with it. I prefer using it over the bugged blitz.
    bugged? And again, you're talking about using it in conjunction with someone else - the only ability in the game that requires this for it to be reasonably effective.

Quote Originally Posted by iSqueegeeman View Post
    On a side note earlier today I was in a game with Rock and heated him zoomed up and everything. He walk to me to melee me and had to cut off heat to swing at him(got him).
    Thanks for mentioning this.. lol.
    But it proves my point. You had to cancel heat, or I would have punched you in the face and left you lying face down in a pile of your own tears

Yea...heat alone is not very good...and good players will just hear it and hide. Or melee you. I think heat should be un-melee-able. As in no one should be able to kill you while using heat with a melee shot because the closer you get the worse it should be. Usually close up guys are getting dealt alot of damage. You can still be shot using heat very easy as the range isn't that far on mk1 version. I don't know anything about mk2 but I'm sure it's not THAT much better.

And everything is better in teamwork...not just using heat so quit using that as an argument. The game is about teamwork not solo blasting.

I see your thread about HEAT being useless, and I raise you this:
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Tom Clancy's The Division

Forum Rules
    Sig, Avatar, & Image Guidelines

Official Website
    Official Facebook
    Official Twitter

Just for the record.... I absolutely HATE HATE HATE heat. I hate it more than being blitzed, I hate it more than ageis, I hate it more than a cloaked recon coming and melee-ing me. I hate it more than anything...

I hate heat. Hate it

hate it

hate it

Quote Originally Posted by UbiSusie View Post
    Just for the record.... I absolutely HATE HATE HATE heat. I hate it more than being blitzed, I hate it more than ageis, I hate it more than a cloaked recon coming and melee-ing me. I hate it more than anything...

I hate heat. Hate it

hate it

hate it
    I doubt you hate it more than the heat user hates grenades, shots from 70+ yards (small area), or being punched in the face..

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidX74 View Post
    I doubt you hate it more than the heat user hates grenades, shots from 70+ yards (small area), or being punched in the face..

Care to wager some waffles on that assumption??

They're melting! And I didn't get anyone to shoot!

I agree.. utterly pointless device not even worth using. if they are gonna stay in the open for that long you might aswell kill them with a gun in 1/4 the time that heat takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Compassghost View Post

They're melting! And I didn't get anyone to shoot!
    I'll admit that's a good spot (though you are required to flank first to get there) - but also, those poor sobs clearly have no idea what's happening. They should have ran to the location of the guy you shot. When you followed, they could take cover below the ledge. If you were silly enough to follow them, when your heat wore off, they could pop up and shoot you in the testes.

Also worth noting that they each only had about 30 health

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast