UK Forum Manager
Hi, the developers are working on the console beta at the moment. We should be seeing some more information soon.
Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush
Hope that means they didn't stop working on pc version then!
Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the PC developers (ie. Porters) a separate studio? if so how are they "working on the console beta"?
if they are in fact working on the console version it means the previous PC picture taken was an in-engine screen shot from the PS3 or Xbox360 version where they turned up the AA and other settings and had it render 1 single frame over probably an hours worth of time then doctored up the rest with Photoshop and called it a PC screenshot.
if the above is true It also means that the PC version is literally going to be rushed out the door the second that the Console version goes gold...
How do you figure that one? Lets try not to make stuff up, and jump to wild conclusions with not factual grounding.
Originally Posted by xT3MP3STx
its simple logic, they're working on their bread and ****er version (ie. the consoles) and also claim to be working on the PC version, which is "technically" true considering they're porting the game from the console version after its finished and "adding" PC features (cough standard stuff and their own DRM, UPlay cough)...
Originally Posted by ecma4
1. single screenshot claiming to be from the PC with no actual hints as such with any Key Prompts...
- Many studios even DICE have taken a console version, froze the game on a single frame and used the Games Engine To render 1 frame with 100x AA and other features that would have crashed the Xbox360 or PS3 version if they were Running Real time, the difference here is that the other publishers are credible and were honest.
-Publishers spend tons of money on PR to doctor photos to unreachable standards of the current hardware, Often employing the use of Photoshop to blur anything that didn't anti-alias properly or fix anything wrong.
- No footage exists of any PC Video, theatrical or otherwise.
2. Lack of any details
-seriously did you read the "PC" specific features... any developer could have guaranteed those features Considering the YETI engine is a modified version of the Unreal Engine with out having to sweat any delays or major complications...
- seriously I cant stress this enough, that stuff is nearly all supported by the unreal engine and would only need a GUI interface added for the PC version with the proper linkage to the render settings.
3. this is Ubisoft we're talking about they care about as much for the PC community as they care for Somali pirates... actually scratch that, they would like Somali pirates more because they don't own computers and thus they cant possibly pirate their software. On that note, you apparently haven't been around for their PC Support
-patches that are always "soon" to be released, after months of delays (average of 6-8 months)
-Preemptive patch notes are always "soon" (these are only released after the patch is released and doesn't fix any of the problems)
-DLC news, you know the stuff any other developer/publisher would want their communities salivating over... yes again "soon"
-the PC community is still waiting for more "PC" screenshots and have waited over 25 days for "soon"
4. Ubisoft is about as credible as a politician, trusting Ubisoft to give you the truth will result with stuff like From Dust with no Online DRM... oh wait it did have DRM and constituted a ton of refunds from various retailers for Fraudulent Practices.
Last edited by xT3MP3STx; 05-03-2012 at 07:46 AM.
UK Forum Manager
The PC version is developed by Ubisoft Kiev, with the support of Ubisoft Paris, Red Storm Entertainment and Ubisoft Bucharest. More information about the PC version will come soon.
I was really excited when i heard this game was comming to PC, but the lack on info so far is kinda meh ;/
PS Hey everyone
It's the Chupacabra Edition at this point for me.
after all these years and pc version being cancelled and revived.... i'm just a tad bit sick of hearing the word soon....the thought process of not releasing information to promote your game is baffling.