Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: AC MP game mechanics | Forums

Assassin's Creed Unity Revolution Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin's Creed Unity Official E3 2014 Co-op Commented Demo [US]

Assassin's Creed Unity: Introduction to Arno [US]

Assassin's Creed Unity E3 2014 World Premiere Cinematic Trailer [US]

Quote Originally Posted by n00bfi_97 View Post
    I beg to differ. Morph is an ability that takes up a slot which could be filled with something else. And in counter to your 'requires an ability' argument, no it does not, As OD has repeatedly pointed out, LoS is always there for you, on its knees. And effective use of Decoy, Blender, etc, also force you to use abilities, if you I look at it from your point of view.
    LOS is not reliable in a group of 6 npcs.

Blender you can find with LOS farily easily.
    Decoy, you need an ability to watch a decoy go running past you? really?

Anything else?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by EldestPainter View Post
    LOS is not reliable in a group of 6 npcs.

Blender you can find with LOS farily easily.
    Decoy, you need an ability to watch a decoy go running past you? really?

Anything else?
    I'm not sure what kind of Blender users you are referring to; you've obviously never come across Rainie, or me for that matter.

In addition, the Decoy users you are referring don't know how to use it. Good luck trying to find the difference between a Decoy and the real player when playing against, I don't know, Dracono99.

Finally, you say "Decoy, you need an ability to watch a decoy go running past you? really?" The same applies when you complain about Morph. Even if you have just ONE place to screen, you can narrow it down to three people. Then, you can further narrow it down by taking a good look at positioning. Therefore, it places Morph on the same level as Decoy, as you put it.

I'm not sure what kind of Blender users you are referring to; you've obviously never come across Rainie, or me for that matter.

In addition, the Decoy users you are referring don't know how to use it. Good luck trying to find the difference between a Decoy and the real player when playing against, I don't know, Dracono99.

Finally, you say "Decoy, you need an ability to watch a decoy go running past you? really?" The same applies when you complain about Morph. Even if you have just ONE place to screen, you can narrow it down to three people. Then, you can further narrow it down by taking a good look at positioning. Therefore, it places Morph on the same level as Decoy, as you put it.
    You may well be right regarding decoy / blender, but I've never run into any of those people so I can't comment on their / your use of them and the need for the use of an ability to figure out who is who. But, if you are so proficient and making it impossible to figure out who you are without an ability using only blender, how on earth would anyone ever figure out who you are if you used morph?!

And no, it's not at all like morph. You watch the decoy run by, wait, and check and see if it was a decoy or your target.
    Last edited by EldestPainter; 05-08-2012 at 08:21 PM.

You may well be right regarding decoy / blender, but I've never run into any of those people so I can't comment on their / your use of them and the need for the use of an ability to figure out who is who. But, if you are so proficient and making it impossible to figure out who you are without an ability using only blender, how on earth would anyone ever figure out who you are if you used morph?!
    When you killed your target, slipped up, etc. This is where stealth comes into play. If one plays very well, they would notice things that give away who their target is.

When you killed your target, slipped up, etc. This is where stealth comes into play. If one plays very well, they would notice things that give away who their target is.

Agree 100% except when someone uses morph, stands is the group not moving. You just told me I would have a hard time finding you in a blend... so again, how would I find someone like you in a morph if you know how not to give yourself away?

Agree 100% except when someone uses morph, stands is the group not moving. You just told me I would have a hard time finding you in a blend... so again, how would I find someone like you in a morph if you know how not to give yourself away?
    That, my friend, is impossible. You can't not make a mistake.

That, my friend, is impossible. You can't not make a mistake.
    Prefect, so we are in agreement that morph is the only ability that requires no skill to use but requires an ability by a hunter to get a lock on the target.

Prefect, so we are in agreement that morph is the only ability that requires no skill to use but requires an ability by a hunter to get a lock on the target.
    Uhm, I said that there is no chance that the target won't ​make a mistake; he certainly will, and that's when stealth comes into play...

Uhm, I said that there is no chance that the target won't ​make a mistake; he certainly will, and that's when stealth comes into play...
    Ahh gotcha.

So by stealth you mean standing and watching a morphed group indefinetly?

That's no my idea of stealth. Stealth is slowly closing in on a target to get a hidden, incognito kill and they have no idea where I am coming from. Tracking your target with LOS and taking your time. Standing around to wait for someone in a morph group to move is not stealth, it's stupid.
    Last edited by EldestPainter; 05-08-2012 at 08:46 PM.

Banned
    No... we're all in agreement that YOU'RE bad at countering Morph.

Line of sight with only ONE angle to screen from means you have a MAXIMUM of 3 possible targets to choose from. You've eliminated the rest if you don't suck at it. If you have a second angle, only a good player will consistently still have more than themselves as a possible target.

In which case, you either need to have more patience than the target, or change targets while they're sitting in a corner earning no points.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast