Thread: Do you like this or not ? | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Season Pass Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Hybrid View

Banned

Do you like this or not ?

I read a few weeks ago that AC3 will be back to the AC1 basics. Personally i don't know how i will adapt to this because of the three games we have been with the new systems.
    post your comments and thoughts about this.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I don't know what you mean. Do you have the interview or statement? AC3 is going to be different than any other AC. Not like AC1.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by berserker134 View Post
    It means that because the game is set in a different place, in a different time period, with a different character, they were able to strip everything down and build upon the bare-bones systems present in the franchise. They were able to decide which mechanics should stay, which should go, which should be improved, and what new mechanics could be introduced. They weren't able to do that with ACB and ACR, as they didn't want to remove mechanics present in the games predecessors due to the fact that each game continues one after the other with the same character, in the same context with the same story. As the article says, they went back to basics to try and reinvent the gameplay loops found in the series. So it's not going back to 'AC1 basics' per se, but the basic systems in general.

I think he means the story and mechanics of the game. It does say something about a bewildering chart for AC2 mechanics. I'm not really 100% sure what they mean, but I think they're making the game less complicated. It says they're tightening up the mechanics.

I believe BBALive is right, but I'll only believe this when I see Connor starts the game with eagle vision and not eagle sense, see the path of the guards made the game easier than already is and also was a pointless feature since the guards were far away to present any kind of danger to the player, also part of the "magic" of being stealthy IMO is study the guards' routes and figure out the better way by ourselves, and have a feature that do 99% of the job for us is not cool...
    Last edited by dxsxhxcx; 05-01-2012 at 12:17 AM.

Alex Hutchinson, creative director of Assassin's Creed 3, has told an audience at the Game Developers Conference that the game aims to strip back the ballooning complexity of the series' mechanics and story.
    Hmmm i don't know what to think about this.
    I like a complex storyline. That's what AC is all about!
    I hope they won't go too mainstream on AC3.
    "People are locked into a box. They see the box around them, They see the holes, the leaks and the cracks and they try to fix them but they don't stop to think that maybe there's something wrong with the box itself."

-Peter Joseph

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free"

-Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by thijs_bijlsma View Post

I think they mean they're going to strip down some of the more extravagant gadgets that ACB and ACR had in favor of more basic weapons, and storywise they're going to actually resolve the big plot points and loose ends instead of creating new, confusing cliff-hangers.

Quote Originally Posted by SixKeys View Post
    I think they mean they're going to strip down some of the more extravagant gadgets that ACB and ACR had in favor of more basic weapons, and storywise they're going to actually resolve the big plot points and loose ends instead of creating new, confusing cliff-hangers.
    Yeah that would be cool
    I won't have a problem with that.
    "People are locked into a box. They see the box around them, They see the holes, the leaks and the cracks and they try to fix them but they don't stop to think that maybe there's something wrong with the box itself."

-Peter Joseph

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free"

-Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by thijs_bijlsma View Post

But Assassin's Creed IS mainstream.

And complexity isn't always a good thing. Metal Gear Solid 2 was too complex for most people, meaning that they couldn't comprehend the meaning the behind the entire game, as well as some of the key themes. That won't happen with Assassin's Creed because the story itself isn't that deep, but there comes a time when you have to wrap things up rather than pushing them to an unnecessary point.
    Last edited by BBALive; 05-01-2012 at 01:43 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast