Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Offical Word Please on Private Room Customization | Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Supressivefire View Post
    I shall be getting this game when it's around £20, I don't want developers to profit off stupid design choices and lack of interaction with their fans.
    No customization in private matches? Seriously?...
    Every purchase is profit.
    XceLLence | XcL Lionheart

Www.n7-Studios.Com/Web
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

As stated i will keep asking until you respond

UBISOFT... why did you leave out private rooms/customization when every GR game has had it? What was your reason? what was your thought process in leaving it out?

Your Silence speaks a ton of what you really think about your community and the people that support your game. I will let everyone else decide on their own that your silence means to them.

Dont you owe that to your community? why you are not answer this?
    Last edited by Cold Thunder; 05-06-2012 at 09:12 PM.
    "There are three things you can trust a person with: Your Money, your wife or your life. Trust in any one is a friend. Two out of three is a best friend. Three for three is a real find and a true Comrade in Arms"

Agree UBISOFT grow some balls!!!

I think I'll add my two cents worth to this thread as it seems to be a large talking point of the game.

First some history, so that the community and UBI can understand my perspective. I've been gaming a long time, way back in the days of Amiga and DOS, I've played older games that still to this day hold better gameplay despite being 15 years old with aged graphics (UFO enemy unknown, for example).

Games have come on a long way since then, doom and quake, unreal tournament etc (I played UT GOTY competitively). As for UBI specific games, I've owned and played both GRAWs, and enjoyed them. I've also owned most call of duty games (not MW3 for reasons I'll come to shortly), battlefield games, the Gears trilogy... The list goes on. Anyway to cut a long story short, I've been around enough so that hopefully my opinion carries some weight (not more or less than anyone else), and hopefully won't just be ignored. I consider myself (and I truly despise the phrase) "a hardcore gamer" but not a hardcore fan of the GR series.

... but that's not to say I didn't enjoy them. I did however really enjoy this beta (minus the well documented lag, of course), and found the sensor play added a different element of tactics to the game, counters, and a more considered approach. I also found UAV and sensor spam really annoying at times, and it depended on my frame of mind. Some games I'd really like to be able to turn them off. Now the big debate is customisable private games. For the hardcore fans this is a massive issue, and UBI seem to be ignoring many of the well put together posts you guys and gals have made, and you're pointing out that they aren't listening to the fans of the series and are catering to the wider audience. Well that's me then, right?

Now as you guys see it, this is a really bad thing. I happen to totally agree with you. I stopped playing COD a long time ago when year after year, the same rehashed game was released and every new game felt like a re-skin of the old games with new maps and a few small adjustments. But not once has a staple feature of a franchise been removed, until now. For those that argue that it's not needed, that may be true for you. But if it is ever applied to the game, you lose out on nothing, it costs you nothing extra, and your game isn't affected in any way, so to complain or say its not required, is simply selfish and narrow minded in my opinion. As it stands now, there are no options, and that DOES affect people and their enjoyment of the game.

I can only see this as a bad thing. More options generally mean longevity. That's what I'm interested in. Sure, I want to play the game as the developers intended. But I also need to be able to kick back in a private room with some friends to prevent getting frustrated sometimes when certain elements of the game are used in excess. It's a huge issue to many people in your 'casual market' too UBI. Those people you're trying to rake in from other games. Me. Others like me, that play a broad range of games, who aren't necessarily fans of your game.

Here is the bottom line from my perspective. If you know a game has a fairly decent multiplayer backed up with the options and settings for player based choices in private matches, then generally the game lasts a lot longer in terms of replayability than those that just stick with matchmaking. Those are the kinds of games that I spend my cash on when they are brand new, and the dev gets my money.

Games where I think the multiplayer is good, but doesn't offer too much in replay value (while waiting for DLC) for example, end up being bought pre-owned, because I can't justify spending full price money on a game that goes stale quickly due to lack of options and ends up getting shelved, and with pre owned, the dev gets nothing (esp with no online pass protection etc). You can counter argue that DLC keeps thugs fresh, but DLC only lasts for so long. After all the DLC is released, then what is left is down to the options we have to customise the game, and the enjoyment is merely limited by imagination.

UBI, you really need to listen to your fans. They aren't wrong. It really baffles me that someone consciously made the decision to remove the customisation features that have been a staple of the series. but it's also important to your more casual audience too (at least casual in terms of your franchise).

I hope everyone sees where I am coming from and this post offers a different perspective.
    Last edited by karta666; 05-06-2012 at 10:54 PM. Reason: General cleanup and typo removal. Stupid iPad!

Quote Originally Posted by karta666 View Post
    I think I'll add my two cents worth to this thread as it seems to be a large talking point of the game.

First some history, so that the community and UBI can understand my perspective. I've been gaming a long time, way back in the days of Amiga and DOS, I've played older games that still to this day hold better gameplay despite being 15 years old with aged graphics (UFO enemy unknown, for example).

Games have come on a long way since then, doom and quake, unreal tournament etc (I played UT GOTY competitively). As for UBI specific games, I've owned and played both GRAWs, and enjoyed them. I've also owned most call of duty games (not MW3 for reasons I'll come to shortly), battlefield games, the Gears trilogy... The list goes on. Anyway to cut a long story short, I've been around enough so that hopefully my opinion carries some weight (not more or less than anyone else), and hopefully won't just be ignored. I consider myself (and I truly despise the phrase) "a hardcore gamer" but not a hardcore fan of the GR series.

... but that's not to say I didn't enjoy them. I did however really enjoy this beta (minus the well documented lag, of course), and found the sensor play added a different element of tactics to the game, counters, and a more considered approach. I also found UAV and sensor spam really annoying at times, and it depended on my frame of mind. Some games I'd really like to be able to turn them off. Now the big debate is customisable private games. For the hardcore fans this is a massive issue, and UBI seem to be ignoring many of the well put together posts you guys and gals have made, and you're pointing out that they aren't listening to the fans of the series and are catering to the wider audience. Well that's me then, right?

Now as you guys see it, this is a really bad thing. I happen to totally agree with you. I stopped playing COD a long time ago when year after year, the same rehashed game was released and every new game felt like a re-skin of the old games with new maps and a few small adjustments. But not once has a staple feature of a franchise been removed, until now. For those that argue that it's not needed, that may be true for you. But if it is ever applied to the game, you lose out on nothing, it costs you nothing extra, and your game isn't affected in any way, so to complain or say its not required, is simply selfish and narrow minded in my opinion. As it stands now, there are no options, and that DOES affect people and their enjoyment of the game.

I can only see this as a bad thing. More options generally mean longevity. That's what I'm interested in. Sure, I want to play the game as the developers intended. But I also need to be able to kick back in a private room with some friends to prevent getting frustrated sometimes when certain elements of the game are used in excess. It's a huge issue to many people in your 'casual market' too UBI. Those people you're trying to rake in from other games. Me. Others like me, that play a broad range of games, who aren't necessarily fans of your game.

Here is the bottom line from my perspective. If you know a game has a fairly decent multiplayer backed up with the options and settings for player based choices in private matches, then generally the game lasts a lot longer in terms of replayability than those that just stick with matchmaking. Those are the kinds of games that I spend my cash on when they are brand new, and the dev gets my money.

Games where I think the multiplayer is good, but doesn't offer too much in replay value (while waiting for DLC) for example, end up being bought pre-owned, because I can't justify spending full price money on a game that goes stale quickly due to lack of options and ends up getting shelved, and with pre owned, the dev gets nothing (esp with no online pass protection etc). You can counter argue that DLC keeps thugs fresh, but DLC only lasts for so long. After all the DLC is released, then what is left is down to the options we have to customise the game, and the enjoyment is merely limited by imagination.

UBI, you really need to listen to your fans. They aren't wrong. It really baffles me that someone consciously made the decision to remove the customisation features that have been a staple of the series. but it's also important to your more casual audience too (at least casual in terms of your franchise).

I hope everyone sees where I am coming from and this post offers a different perspective.
    Nice post and I agree!! Everyone I played the beta with also agrees. Both parties (hardcore and casual) can be happy!! I can only speak for my self but not to add this is a joke and not to address it is a bigger one!!

UBISOFT why did you all leave out the private room/customization? Who made that decision? why did they make that decision and what was their thought process behind this decision.

thanks

and yes, im going to ask every day until you answer the community
    "There are three things you can trust a person with: Your Money, your wife or your life. Trust in any one is a friend. Two out of three is a best friend. Three for three is a real find and a true Comrade in Arms"

keep asking most of us want 2 know

Quote Originally Posted by karta666 View Post

Well said man. As i stated in other posts, adding this is a win/win for Ubisoft as you will please both new and old fans. Not adding it will alienate a ton of your old fanbase. What are you thinking? unless you could care less about your old fanbase.

Ubi$oft really does need to acknowledge this - if they continue to ignore, I will continue to ignore their games (with my friends). We only buy stuff to play together, and sometimes we want options like these. I've said this elsewhere, but I'll say it again: keep the MP as it is, but give us the options for custom settings in private lobbies, even if some of the things the consumers want don't agree with your "pillars" of how you think the game should be played. Let the gamers decide how it should be played privately. You can keep you MP, but let me PLAY the game how I want.

Please give the option to ban sensor nades, uavs in custom private rooms! You'll double your sales!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast