Thread: POP:TFS - Game lags suddenly in progress at regular intervals after playing on Uplay | Forums

POP:TFS - Game lags suddenly in progress at regular intervals after playing on Uplay

I had played the game without registering previously using skidrow as I didn't have an internet connection at home. Now that I have one, I registered with Uplay and started playing online. Game just freezes up and starts lagging like hell at regular intervals. Then gets sorted again and vice versa. It's been frustrating. I have changed graphic settings to medium and still the same ****. I have played at higher settings with skidrow and never had any lags before. I have played Serious Sam games at high res on steam online without issues so this particular issue is frustrating me. I have a NVidia GTX8600 card which is sufficient for POP with 3 gb ram on core2duo, Win7Ultimate.

Is this because of playing online? if so the Uplay system is very poor compared to Steam. I might just chuck it if this continues. Anyone else having same issues despite a good system? Could NVidia updated drivers cause it?
    Last edited by SeriousPrince; 04-30-2012 at 04:16 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Community Manager Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar
    Hi, have you contacted technical support? the link is in my signature.
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

No. I wanted to see if similar issues have been reported. I will re-install and try again. If it persists customer support might be an option. To be honest I didn't get a good co-operation with support when I reported a defective Will Rock CD. It wouldn't accept valid installation key and I had to use a no CD crack finally. I mailed my CD barcode, license key and other details with scanned jpegs in correspondence but never got help for replacing that one so I haven't much hope here as well. I haven't had the same issues with other 4 POP games before.

Suppose I uninstall and re-install game. Will I need to re-register uplay? Or will it automatically take me in on existing login? Does uplay allow registration only once?

If you re-install you should be able to just login with the Uplay account details which you used to install it originally.

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Can't play the game for an hour now as it 'attempts to establish network connection'. Rest of internet is working just fine so another reason why playing online sucks. Now the **** thing lags even at lower graphic settings. Strange indeed. Guess I will have to re-install. But this network glitches are real letdown as well.

Your best bet is to contact technical support as they will be able to troubleshoot with you.

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support