Thread: Help! I can't change the options settings in Silent hunter V | Forums

Help! I can't change the options settings in Silent hunter V

I have been trying to change my options settings on Silent Hunter V almost since I bought the game! I have tried everything. I set them at medium when I first began to play, just to get used to the new format, but now I seem to be stuck at "medium." It has become boring to have unlimited fuel, super fast reload times, and the rest.

I have followed the instructions to apply changes and then exit the game, but when I come back it is still stuck on "medium" difficulty. I tried erasing all of my saved games and then changing the settings to "high" and exiting, but when I start a new campaign, the setting is still at "medium." I even removed the complete game and reinstalled before trying to change the settings, but It did no good, the setting is still stuck on "medium" difficulty!

What the heck is wrong? How do I get to "high" difficulty setting?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I don't play SH5 but do play SH4. In SH4 you have to places you can change options. One place is the options for the general game and the other is when you do a career. In SH4 when you start a career and you are in the office there is an icon there you can click and change the options for that career.
    Maybe SH5 has this to.

"When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the *** with a banjo" by Chief Officer Steward Dogan - USS Gurnard.
    -------------
    SHIV Guide - TMOwTw 2.5 - Shipping Route Maps US & Jap - TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5 - SH4 Manual

Thanks for the suggestion, friend.

Thanks for the suggestion, friend. I'm sure that when I finally find out what I've been doing wrong, it will be something really simple that I've overlooked. SH5 is still a great game, though, even when I am sailing around at full speed for weeks on end, as if my Type VII had nuclear power, and the tubes are ready again faster than if it had an auto-loader.

I own SH4 as well and have had a good deal of fun with it. Here's hoping you have a really great time out there in the vast reaches of the Pacific. Sink one of those Jap fleet carriers for me!

Hi snazzy, You must be in port at dock to change the difficulty settings.For example, when you "end patrol". Also the first Polish tutorial mission cannot be changed.

That did the trick!

Thank you so much, sir, for bothering to share that bit of knowledge. I tried changing option settings while docked and it worked like a charm!

Operating at a higher difficulty setting really adds to one's sense of accomplishment after a successful attack. Plus the excitement level is greater, as is the relief on getting away in one piece.

Good Hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by snazzy55 View Post
    I have been trying to change my options settings on Silent Hunter V almost since I bought the game! I have tried everything. I set them at medium when I first began to play, just to get used to the new format, but now I seem to be stuck at "medium." It has become boring to have unlimited fuel, super fast reload times, and the rest.

I have followed the instructions to apply changes and then exit the game, but when I come back it is still stuck on "medium" difficulty. I tried erasing all of my saved games and then changing the settings to "high" and exiting, but when I start a new campaign, the setting is still at "medium." I even removed the complete game and reinstalled before trying to change the settings, but It did no good, the setting is still stuck on "medium" difficulty!

What the heck is wrong? How do I get to "high" difficulty setting?
    same with me exept it in "low" difficulty

Hello bruser33,

Did you read two post up, the one posted by mracosky.

"When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the *** with a banjo" by Chief Officer Steward Dogan - USS Gurnard.
    -------------
    SHIV Guide - TMOwTw 2.5 - Shipping Route Maps US & Jap - TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5 - SH4 Manual