Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Archery Upgrades? | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

Archery Upgrades?

Seeing how we are going to be able to upgrade our equipment and weapons, does that include the bow. I'm sure by now ppl know that i'm obsessed with archery haha, and i just saw a movie called War of the Arrows.

Upgrades for the bow:

- faster draw speed
    - shoot more then one arrow
    - bending the arrow (Yea i said that haha, watch the movie i mentioned above)
    - pinning enemies
    - poisoned tipped arrows
    - smoke arrows
    - penetrating arrows (some arrows can shoot through people, killing two guys at once)
    Edit: - arrow attached to a rope
    Last edited by Pdavis3; 04-28-2012 at 01:59 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Aside from having, say, two arrows fired at once along with the draw speed, I think the other suggestions wouldn't seem to fit.

I don't know what bending the arrow would do though.

XBL: Saracchio
    PSN: Saracchio
    Assassin's Creed Wiki: Slate Vesper

really i think they all fit except for the bending really.
    - Seeing how shooting an arrow at a guards arm or leg seems possible now it would fit
    - poison tipped arrows could be useful, you can shoot a guards arm with it. The guard/soldier only think it's a flesh wound but scared runs back to the camp and goes crazy killing all the teammates/making the target run outside for you to kill.
    - smoke arrows would be more of a co-op thing honestly, or you could shoot it into a room and force some soldiers and guards to come out
    - and seeing how Mongolians had penetrating arrows (i could be wrong, my statement is coming from a movie) it can see it being in AC. and that could be useful if you approach two soldiers walking together and kill them both with one arrow.

the bending part like i said would be more for shooting around a tree or wall.

The poison sounds too much like Turok. They should just make different strength bows like Skyrim.

Perhaps the only upgrades that would fit are poison (which i hope we get) and higher draw-weight (increased range)

The bending arrows thing, totally impractical, trust me, it just can't be done effectively. I've shot a bent arrow, and it completely missed the target i was shooting at, and hit the one next to it (at a distance of about 40 yards)

Not to mention it would be completely unrealistic to see an arrow fly a 90 degree arc round a corner, that might be something you'd see in MGS, but not AC.
    "I'll cleave ya lengthwise! Maggots!" - Edward "Blackbeard" Thatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pdavis3 View Post
    really i think they all fit except for the bending really.
    - Seeing how shooting an arrow at a guards arm or leg seems possible now it would fit
    - poison tipped arrows could be useful, you can shoot a guards arm with it. The guard/soldier only think it's a flesh wound but scared runs back to the camp and goes crazy killing all the teammates/making the target run outside for you to kill.
    - smoke arrows would be more of a co-op thing honestly, or you could shoot it into a room and force some soldiers and guards to come out
    - and seeing how Mongolians had penetrating arrows (i could be wrong, my statement is coming from a movie) it can see it being in AC. and that could be useful if you approach two soldiers walking together and kill them both with one arrow.

the bending part like i said would be more for shooting around a tree or wall.
    If you bend an arrow, it won't bend around trees. The same thing has been done with bullets on Mythbusters to see if they would curve when fired like in the film Wanted, but the rifling of the barrels will always make it go straight. The same would happen with a bent arrow, either it would off-shoot by miles or it will be more likely to be rendered unfireable.

Having poison arrows would just work as poison darts did, but they'd be even worse for stealth purposes, as the darts were designed to not be seen until close examination of the body. Having an arrow sticking out of the person you're aiming to poison renders a stealthy situation void, as when it is fired, any other people nearby will know that the person who fired it is lurking nearby.

Bombs aren't returning, so it isn't known yet whether smoke bombs will too. Also, attaching a smoke bomb to an arrow would affect the arrow by weighing it down, and if you could throw them anyway, there'd be no point.

Movies often over-exaggerate details to make events look exciting to the audience. For a regular arrow to pass through one person's body and into another, it would need a hell of a lot of force behind it, which is affected by weight and speed. I seriously doubt that Connor has the strength to exert enough force with his bow, in order to make a weighted arrow fire with enough speed to penetrate through a body containing organs and bone, into that of another.

XBL: Saracchio
    PSN: Saracchio
    Assassin's Creed Wiki: Slate Vesper

Quote Originally Posted by Serrachio View Post
    If you bend an arrow, it won't bend around trees. The same thing has been done with bullets on Mythbusters to see if they would curve when fired like in the film Wanted, but the rifling of the barrels will always make it go straight. The same would happen with a bent arrow, either it would off-shoot by miles or it will be more likely to be rendered unfireable.

Having poison arrows would just work as poison darts did, but they'd be even worse for stealth purposes, as the darts were designed to not be seen until close examination of the body. Having an arrow sticking out of the person you're aiming to poison renders a stealthy situation void, as when it is fired, any other people nearby will know that the person who fired it is lurking nearby.

Bombs aren't returning, so it isn't known yet whether smoke bombs will too. Also, attaching a smoke bomb to an arrow would affect the arrow by weighing it down, and if you could throw them anyway, there'd be no point.

Movies often over-exaggerate details to make events look exciting to the audience. For a regular arrow to pass through one person's body and into another, it would need a hell of a lot of force behind it, which is affected by weight and speed. I seriously doubt that Connor has the strength to exert enough force with his bow, in order to make a weighted arrow fire with enough speed to penetrate through a body containing organs and bone, into that of another.

lol you guys don't know what i'm talking about. Watch the movie i mentioned War of the Arrows (it's pretty good). The arrows aren't bent, but rather when he draws the bow he turns his hand. maybe i should have said curving his shot rather then bending it. But obviously, the thing is if it isn't possible then it shouldn't really be in the game, i just saw the movie and was like O.o

yea i don't see poison darts coming back, so that's why i would say poison tipped arrows. If they do then there wouldn't be any use. Obviously when i mentioned shooting an arrow into someone's arm i was not referring to stealth. Not sure why you brought that up

really? smoke bombs aren't? i mean i understand and i'm glad the other types of bombs aren't but oh well, yea if they aren't coming back then no smoke arrows :P.

as for shooting through one target, i would believe that Connor would have the strength to do that seeing how he has been training with a bow all his life (we can assume) and then add on to that his assassin training (strength/technique training). however again with this concept i do believe that my opinion is biased do the that movie, you do make good counter points for all of these claims. All i'm really hoping for is some type of upgrade to the bow.

What would be the point of poison-tipped arrows? The moment someone gets an arrow in their chest/thigh/arm/whatever, your stealth is busted. If your point is to kill them, you don't need poison for that, just shoot them in the head.

What do you mean by smoke arrows? You mean flaming arrows? These would be awesome to torch enemies.
    We could change the bow string to upgrade the firing rate or the range of the arrows as well.
    Also, it would be cool to have target practice and maybe contests with the bow and arrow.
    Last edited by TorQue1988; 04-28-2012 at 02:34 PM.
    Vulnerant omnes, ultima necat!

I don't like the idea of any of these suggestions. Just regular arrows would be perfect.
    Do not fear the darkness, but welcome its embrace - Ezio Auditore da Firenze, 1486.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast