Thread: fix line of sight, pursuers, smoke bombs | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

fix line of sight, pursuers, smoke bombs

i think the heads should always be turning so we know where our targets line of sight is.
    itd be cool to know your pursuer in ffa deathmatch as well - new game mode?
    smoke bombs are obnoxious.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Xazarx View Post
    i think the heads should always be turning so we know where our targets line of sight is.
    smoke bombs are obnoxious.
    This game already favours defence too much. That proposed change would just make for a very boring 10 minute Contested Kills fest, especially when you're playing in a small area. How are you supposed to sneak towards your target if they know you're coming?

itd be cool to know your pursuer in ffa deathmatch
    this would remove whatever stealth is still in the game the game heavily supports defense players like Xazarz said. ironically the only way to really deal with defensive turtle players is through smokebomb... what i mean by this is certain players will pick areas in the map to camp where you can not get the jump on them because

1. no way to sneak behind them
    2. no crowds pass by the area
    3 no rooftops available.

because of contested kills you are forced to use OSB to get your kill.

the head turning indication would be nice it can help you know when to strike and you can tell if your target has spotted you and when is focused on you.

smokebomb is annoying but they have they're purpose if the cooldown is put to 90 seconds things would be better as the value would be more equal to mute and charge... but the ability would still be better in usage.

*forgive my engrish =P
    Last edited by Grygier; 04-27-2012 at 10:14 PM.

http://grygier.daportfolio.com
    personal website and portfolio.

Quote Originally Posted by Xazarx View Post
    I wouldn't play that mode, it will just be honourable death/contested kill.

I agree with the smokebomb, shoul have a cooldown of 90 seconds same as mute.

Quote Originally Posted by cjdavies View Post
    I wouldn't play that mode, it will just be honourable death/contested kill.

I agree with the smokebomb, shoul have a cooldown of 90 seconds same as mute.
    Honestly, with the duration it lasts for and its overall application over smoke bomb, considering people can run through it and still kill you, as well as drop smoke when you've used it (down to lag and the expanding nature of it), mute's cooldown should be lowered if anything.

XBL: Saracchio
    PSN: Saracchio
    Assassin's Creed Wiki: Slate Vesper

Quote Originally Posted by Serrachio View Post
    Honestly, with the duration it lasts for and its overall application over smoke bomb, considering people can run through it and still kill you, as well as drop smoke when you've used it (down to lag and the expanding nature of it), mute's cooldown should be lowered if anything.
    If they lowered mute, they would almost be obligated to lower charge to the same. Smoke/mute should not be as prevalent as it is, and I personally think smoke should be raised (like a lot of other people obviously) to 90 seconds, while mute and charge could drop to 80, (and maybe a bit lower for charge if it stays where you can't run immediately after usage) Hopefully Ubi will find a balance for abilities, whether that's adjusting the abilities already there, adding new abilities on par with mute/charge/smoke, or some of both.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseLitesaber View Post
    If they lowered mute, they would almost be obligated to lower charge to the same. Smoke/mute should not be as prevalent as it is, and I personally think smoke should be raised (like a lot of other people obviously) to 90 seconds, while mute and charge could drop to 80, (and maybe a bit lower for charge if it stays where you can't run immediately after usage) Hopefully Ubi will find a balance for abilities, whether that's adjusting the abilities already there, adding new abilities on par with mute/charge/smoke, or some of both.
    Well, given the usefulness of the both abilities, I would prefer it if Smoke's cooldown was raised to 90 and their cooldown to around the 70-75 range. This way, they're still high when you consider you can use them every 1 minute and 10/15 seconds, over Smoke's 1 minute 30.

XBL: Saracchio
    PSN: Saracchio
    Assassin's Creed Wiki: Slate Vesper

I agree with you, I try and use it for defence but most it fails for the reasons youmentioned.

Well, given the usefulness of the both abilities, I would prefer it if Smoke's cooldown was raised to 90 and their cooldown to around the 70-75 range. This way, they're still high when you consider you can use them every 1 minute and 10/15 seconds, over Smoke's 1 minute 30.
    Yeah, I can see that. Wasn't really sure how far you meant, but that's definitely still a reasonable range for their cooldowns.