Thread: BLOG: "Top 5 best Science Fiction" by Miss Magitek | Forums

BLOG: "Top 5 best Science Fiction" by Miss Magitek

BLOG: "Top 5 best Science Fiction" by Miss Magitek

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I love Science Fiction. You have great taste. One of my biggest regrets when I worked in the film industry is having to turn down the opportunity to work on Serenity. I had another job lined up that I was already committed to. So sad. That is one of my favorite movies.

Last edited by Spectra_FD; 04-27-2012 at 05:38 PM.

I'm surprised there was no category for TV. Where's the love for Star Trek, Babylon 5, etc.
    Banhammer for Perfect World and Jbot's punching bag
    XBL:FailedAsian | PSN:FailedAsian |Twitter | Facebook |Blog

The more I think about it, the more I realize that I should have added TV shows in there! :\ There are so many awesome science fiction television shows out there, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectra_FD View Post
    I love Science Fiction. You have great taste. One of my biggest regrets when I worked in the film industry is having to turn down the opportunity to work on Serenity. I had another job lined up that I was already committed to. So sad. That is one of my favorite movies.
    Wow!! I am so jealous that you were even offered that opportunity! That is so incredible.

Here are mine.

Top Sci-Fi Books

1. Star Wars Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn - For me, these Star Wars books replicate the experience of the original trilogy they are so amazing and my favorite books ever that I've reread them a hundred times. Takes place a few years after the Battle of Endor. The New Republic is formed and the Empire is reunited under a new, brilliant leader. I would recommend them to any hardcore Star Wars fans.
    2. Star Trek: Final Frontier - I'm a big Star Trek fan too and this is my favorite Trek novel.
    3. Second Foundation by Isaac Asimov
    4. I Am Legend
    5. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? -This is the novel behind the classic, cyberpunk movie Blade Runner.

Top Sci-Fi Movies

1. Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
    2. Alien
    3. Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan
    4. The Terminator
    5. Back To the Future

Minority Report
    barely misses my top five but it's a must see for sci-fi movies.

Top Sci-Fi Games

1. Tie Fighter
    2. Halo: Combat Evolved
    3. Wing Commander 3: Heart of the Tiger
    4. Star Trek: Judgement Rites
    5. Duke Nukem 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshowers View Post
    Here are mine.

Top Sci-Fi Books

1. Star Wars Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn - For me, these Star Wars books replicate the experience of the original trilogy they are so amazing and my favorite books ever that I've reread them a hundred times. Takes place a few years after the Battle of Endor. The New Republic is formed and the Empire is reunited under a new, brilliant leader. I would recommend them to any hardcore Star Wars fans.
    ooh this sounds good. I read a few Star Wars novels I don't remember what their names were but I loved being in that world with all those characters. So awesome. I'll have to look for these.

I'm also a huge fan of Isaac Asimov. My Dad turned me onto his trilogy, most of my favorite Sci-Fi novels have been passed to me from my Dad. He's a huge fan of Science Fiction everything.

I watch Back to the Future over and over and over. When I use to work on the Universal lot it was always cool to go wander around in front of the clock tower. That whole town was filmed on the back lot at Universal. It burned down when they had that big fire a few years ago. Such a shame.

My favorite Sci-Fi TV shows are:

Doctor Who - all of it, past and present
    Firefly
    Star Trek the Next Generation
    Buck Rogers
    1st season of Misfits