Thread: Comparing GRAW 2 to FS | Forums

Angry Comparing GRAW 2 to FS

So i just wanted to go and have a look at GRAW 2 again to make sure I wasn't remembering wrong. But I wasn't sadly. I really can't understand some of the choices for this game.
    - GRAW 2 shipped with 18 maps FS apparently ships with 10
    - Map size in GRAW 2 was 4 times bigger than Mill and that is supposed to be the biggest map.
    - Terrorist Hunt replaced with Guerrilla - this is OK but why not keep Terrorist Hunt in as well.
    - 16 Player co-op gone with now just has 4 player max.
    - Private Matches fully customizable down to no customization.

Seriously what were they thinking?!

I really don't want to not buy this game but I am tired of COD and want something like this but with all the modes we have become accustomed to in Gr games.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Co-signed

I'm going to copy this thread over to the GRFS BETA feedback forum, I think your opinion/comparison would be valuable there.

Hey! I have a podcast! Check it out here: Pink and Deadly

Ubisoft Support

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis99 View Post
    So i just wanted to go and have a look at GRAW 2 again to make sure I wasn't remembering wrong. But I wasn't sadly. I really can't understand some of the choices for this game.
    - Map size in GRAW 2 was 4 times bigger than Mill and that is supposed to be the biggest map.
    - Terrorist Hunt replaced with Guerrilla - this is OK but why not keep Terrorist Hunt in as well.

I really don't want to not buy this game but I am tired of COD and want something like this but with all the modes we have become accustomed to in Gr games.
    Because kids love to throw their parents money at COD. Hence all game companies now going to the COD format.

They'll lose their profit margins soon enough and then ask what happened. Remind them to archive these posts on here.

Also don't look at Spec Ops: The Line. same respawn garbage as COD

i had all the dlc for graw 2. there where soooooo many maps. unfortunately thats when they stopped putting out dlc for tc games. rainbow six had NO support and splinter cell was a joke. hopefully they dont kill ghost recon fs or the new rainbow six in the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by HEAT_HTX40 View Post
    Because kids love to throw their parents money at COD. Hence all game companies now going to the COD format.

They'll lose their profit margins soon enough and then ask what happened. Remind them to archive these posts on here.

Also don't look at Spec Ops: The Line. same respawn garbage as COD
    It's not really more like COD... I mean some basic FPS elements are there (minimap) but FS seems to have just left out a lot of what the game used to be. I understand why they went from terrorist hunt to guerrilla, and why the modes only really work in coop with 4 people... but the neglection of server options in unranked MP is not good, I don't understand at all why they didn't put in SOME options for things like class/explosive/tech/spawn/regen/HUD restrictions when it would have been so easy for them to do so.

If you really look at the tech, the enviornments, the destruction(in sp/coop), the detail, the stealth, and most importantly the AI you will realize why GRAW sized things just can't happen atm. The tech is progressing, while the hardware is stagnate... you can only optimize the software so much before it's simply too advanced for this hardware.

If you want to be respected, fight fair. If you want to win, do what is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by RWSIX View Post
    i had all the dlc for graw 2. there where soooooo many maps. unfortunately thats when they stopped putting out dlc for tc games. rainbow six had NO support and splinter cell was a joke. hopefully they dont kill ghost recon fs or the new rainbow six in the same way.
    They already stated they plan on supporting FS with DLC.

If you want to be respected, fight fair. If you want to win, do what is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Haggis99 View Post

This is very disappointing. I was so looking forward to the big maps again. The Mill is not big at all.

FS is great, but i want some type of terrorist hunt on multiplayer maps. also TEN MORE MAPS

A few more maps would be nice, even if its in DLC, more weapons are a must and the ability to jump or climb more things, other than that FS is a brill tactical shooter..