Thread: Kinect tracking in 2012 | Forums

Kinect tracking in 2012

Hi,
    I have an odd problem with YS 2012.
    I have my Kinect tracking settings saved (I've done this several times) and it works fine with other Kinect games.

However, when I go into Your Shape, it does it "calibrating" routine, moves the Kinect up and down and then keeps losing the top of, and sometimes the whole of my head.
    I can go back into the Kinect tuner, adjust the angle and save the settings.
    The result is that I can then do the rest of my session ok (I can even change gamer profiles ok), but the next time I start up YS "from scratch", it then loses my head again.

Has anyone else come across this issue and if so, have you been able to find a way to prevent this from happening?
    Thanks in advance!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I recall that other forum members have had this problem but I don't recall if it was ever resolved for them. You might try giving UBI support a call or sending a trouble report online http://ubi.com/US/Support/Default.aspx. I normally only encounter this problem after an update. Most of the time my Kinect sensor stays in place during that phase of the game startup.

____
    Life is in the details, don't miss a thing

Quote Originally Posted by NanoParticle View Post
    I recall that other forum members have had this problem but I don't recall if it was ever resolved for them. You might try giving UBI support a call or sending a trouble report online http://ubi.com/US/Support/Default.aspx. I normally only encounter this problem after an update. Most of the time my Kinect sensor stays in place during that phase of the game startup.
    Thanks for getting back to me.
    I tried support, but they weren't very helpful sadly.
    It was them who suggested that I try posting here.
    If you have had the problem after an update, do you remember how you got round it, or what happened to stop it moving?
    Thanks again!

After each update either Xbox or YSFE 2012 I go to the kinect calibration from the Xbox settings. I readjust the tilt as needed. Then in the YSFE 2012 I do a session of the Zen Energy which I use as my "test pattern" for tracking since it's one of the fussiest workouts in terms of tracking. If I can't get 100% consistently on the routines - especially on the plie chi (your mileage may vary, I've been doing these routines for about a year and a half) - I know something still needs adjustment. This works well for me. But since your setup may be different than mine I'm not certain it will work for you.

____
    Life is in the details, don't miss a thing

Quote Originally Posted by timbader View Post
    Hi,
    I have an odd problem with YS 2012.
    I have my Kinect tracking settings saved (I've done this several times) and it works fine with other Kinect games.

However, when I go into Your Shape, it does it "calibrating" routine, moves the Kinect up and down and then keeps losing the top of, and sometimes the whole of my head.
    I can go back into the Kinect tuner, adjust the angle and save the settings.
    The result is that I can then do the rest of my session ok (I can even change gamer profiles ok), but the next time I start up YS "from scratch", it then loses my head again.

Has anyone else come across this issue and if so, have you been able to find a way to prevent this from happening?
    Thanks in advance!
    I have the same issue. Whenever I start YSFE2012, my Kinect sensor always adjusts for the room and stays pointed down towards the floor. I always have to go into the calibration settings to adjust it so the sensor moves back up to where it should be. This is SO annoying, and I've reported this to people here on the forums and via their tech support. I just don't think they want to fix the problem (one of among many other bugs in this game they failed to fix ... some of which were brought over from the first YSFE game.)