CarrionCrow's List of Suggestions and Feedback
First off guys hats off to you, you have made an absolutely stellar game! Excellent job. I love it, I crave it and I can't help but want more of it.
Below is a list of Suggestions and Feedback starting with the Critically Important and then moving down in importance till the "Would be cool if"
1. Basic armor and starting equipment shouldn't take up a slot. For instance when you upgrade and switch out armor or weapons that basic starting Armor or weapon is stuck in your inventory and takes up a slot. I can understand the weapon taking up a slot as you might decide to actively switch it out, but the armor should consider the baseline stats of your character as essentially having no armor. The reason for this is that when your playing 1 character it is not such a big deal, but experimenting and playing with 3 characters it starts getting very crowded very fast. The other suggestion to this is make class specific gear not show up in non-class inventory.
2. Assault Rifles with a Bi-Pod. Sigh. How many of you have been owned by the MK16 from miles away? It's the only gun that can out shoot a sniper from sniper range and is probably one of the quickest killing guns in the game. The problem isn't that the gun does high DMG or is fully automatic, the problem is that it is all of these while remaining laser accurate with low recoil while in cover and all of it on a class with the highest armor and HP. It breaks the mold.
So the issue isn't the gun, the issue is the Bi-Pod. Simply remove Bi-Pods from all Assault Rifles *Unless* the Gun itself is single shot only.
You may ask what about Specialist’s Weapons having Bi-Pod's? Oddly enough I am ok with that, that is their role. Once they get into cover to provide accurate and suppressive fire. The guns like the L86 and I want to say Mg36 (?1?) later on can be just as ruthless as the Mk17 currently is, but again they won't have the armor or HP that an assault would have so I am ok with it.
3. Team Allocation, Match-Making and Balancing teams. I know you guys are working on this so I will only lightly touch the subject. A decent way to allocate teams is to use the scores from the previous match as a indicator of a players potential and the game can then try and insure both sides are as even as possible from these numbers. Simple and Easy.
The only exception to this would be Fireteams, they signed up to play together they should stick together. Difference between premade and Pug's I know it can get frustrating getting a team of newer players on one side and a dynamic go getters on the other, the match just turns into a steam roll.
When the round switch's it would be nice if the teams auto-balanced. (Exception is that it doesn’t break Fireteams) Grabbing the extra's on one team and balancing the numbers on the other helps alot.
1. Weapon details: You guys have provided a pretty good detail on the weapons but there are just one thing missing, that is if a gun fires Single-shot, burst, or Full Auto. Simply adding a small graphic with the standard One bullet = Single fire, Three Bullets = Burst, Five Bullets = Full auto to represent the capabilities of the gun would be awesome.
2. Previewing Hat's, Hood's, Helmets - The side view isn't very informative on what the item will look like once you bought the item. Since getting RP or GC and more to the point spending it is a big deal and these items cost a lot the ability to preview the item would lead to a less likely chance of the buyer feeling jaded. Just when you click on the buy screen and it pops up with the purchase confirmation have the item load up on our avatar to the right so we can see what it looks like.
3. Have Hat's, Hood's and Helmets do something. Take off an armor slot on the chest piece and just re-assign it to the helmet. Or just have it so that only Crit reduction armor plates can be attached to the head pieces or some sort of specialty gear.
When you get around to it, Would be Cool.
1. More Pistol options. Burst-Fire pistols, Fully-Automatic pistols, Single-Shot sawed off shotgun, Ect Ect.
2. Pistol weapon customization - Longer barrels, muzzle brake's, flash suppressor's, suppressor's, Improved Iron sights, Red-dot, Laser-dot, ect ect. More things to spend RP-GC on is always a good thing.
3. Different types of ammo besides Magnum. Electro-Mag - Lower dmg but 100% armor penetration and Toughness. Hyper Velocity - Increased chance to Crit. Explosive Round for Snipers (only loads a single shot, not a whole clip, would be the downside), Incendiary and Slug for Shotguns.
Personal want in game.
1. Vector SMG *shrug* since I am making a Christmas list.
That's it Guys, I'll edit this or make changes to it as things evolve or change. Once again great job GRO team.
1. Added to the List, the PP2000 Submachine gun (lvl10 recon submachinegun), has the option for semi or full auto, however in either mode it just fires at full-auto.
2. Add a feature that shows who is talking on our UI up in the corner, I know right now an icon pops up above head of the guys character, but isn't exceptionaly useful if he isn't in your direct LOS. But seeing the name popup in the corner with a symbol that indicates he is talking would help a world ton
Last edited by DegenesisRein; 04-29-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Well...the MK 16 would be useless without a bipod because when not proning it's GOT alot of recoil on auto fire. Sure the weapon rocks in good hands...but I've bested other mk-16 users simply because I work alot on it and they don't. And perhaps you can outsnipe sometimes...but you cannot outsnipe a pro sniper using the SR-25 auto sniper...not happening.
As a CQC variant user, I have to disagree with this. The recoil is high, but it is nowhere uncontrollable, and I am confident that I can kill an out-of-cover target easily. Sure, I don't want to be sniping with the CQB model, but I'm not supposed to be doing that anyways.
Originally Posted by TheUnrest
The gun itself is just one massive pain in the XXX and what I would like to do is nerf the crap out of it till it's back in the stoneage, but honestly that is an unrealistic request.
So far it's the only Assault Rifle that consistenly 1-shot kills my recon. (Crit headshot)
The CQC-version is still dangerous as all get out but at least I stand a chance at long to extreme ranges. I can not stress enough how unbeleivably powerful this gun is, even getting the drop on a Full HP assault with my Ninja Recon, i only get about as far as 4 shots (out of the 10-15 required to kill) before they notice they are getting hit, turn and drop me in 1-3 hits.
I realize that is probably my fault for packing the PP2000 with the 600rpm. But honestly the power level of the MK16 with Bi-pod is extremely high. It's not like your not going to be dangerous with out the BI-POD or even more accurate on the fly with the CQC model, it's just you won't be AS DANGEROUS.
Another thing to add to the list:
1. Feature to turn up voice communications, I realize I can turn people up individualy but I'd like a little slider bar that can turn everyone up.
You take issue with the mk16, I take issue with semi auto sniper rifles and shotguns.
It seems we are at an impasse.
^--- The issue was with the Bi-Pod itself on Assault Rifles. I'm sure the ACR and the AR as just as bad down the line as the MK16. =)
Found out a pretty BIG issue for me.
Graphical settings, Low verse Mid, High.
On Low settings there is absolutly zero lighting, making the entire map brightly lit, clear and clean leaving no doubt about bad guy's positionins.
The differences are pretty night and day, it's like walking down a brightly lit hallway as oppossed to crawling through a dark cave. At this point I feel compelled to play at Low settings just so I can "SEE" people rather than feeling like I am handicap'd for enjoying the game in it's full spendor.
The only possible solution i might have for this is do away with the low settings or at least force lighting to even the playing field for everyone. kind of a tricky issue though as a lot of people have lower end systems that may suffer for being forced to use a high settings with lag and FPS issues.
Ohh....graphics on low....maybe i should try that.