Thread: A new first for me. | Forums

A new first for me.

Today I attacked a convoy. A little bit differently then I normally do. I usually shoot and run, this time I shot and moved to reposition myself for a second shot. I managed to hit three ships. two broke up and sank, the third was burning on the surface. I could not get a lock on it, checked the map andsaw that it "sunk" as well. I got credit for all three with one still on the surface.

Has anyone else ever sunk a ship that did not sink? The water depth is over 1000 feet so it is not aground on anything.

Nice shooting......Yes I have Momoyama's sometimes that don't sink (forgot what they're called in stock). They just sit there even though I get credit in my log, but no 'sunk ship' icon on the map. They don't show on radar either but it's more than just a visual bug as I have seen other Japanese ships change course to avoid them. They were always in deep water as well, I just have to pay attention when I stay near one so there is no collision.
    Last edited by donna577; 04-26-2012 at 03:25 PM.

It happens to me on occasion. I never noticed the ship class. After getting the sink confirmation, I normally don't stick around long enough to see if it eventually sinks.

It was one of the small coastal freighters. I got the sunk ship icon. The last time I saw it, it was still on fire with decks awash. Normally a DD or two will hang around a damaged ship for a while, but everyone just sailed away from it. I thought about going back and using the deck gun on it, but I already got credit, so I continued on my end around for another attack, but the convoy had slipped away.

Most of the time they have a camouflaged skin.
    Last edited by donna577; 04-26-2012 at 11:42 PM.

The Hog Island freighter. I hate those things. Half the time when i kill them they don't sink. Quite a common occurrence.

It usually only happens when I let my xo take the scope for the attack.....The fire control party don't help much either.

Last edited by donna577; 04-27-2012 at 08:51 PM.

That's quite a crew you have there....!!

They show some of their movies on Sunday mornings on one of the local stations....

Yeah, i've had that on more than one occasion as well. Always that ship Donna linked.