Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Utopian Reasoning | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    This post is primarily for theBattsman, but, of course, anyone is welcome to read it...

This was an e-mail exchange between me and a guy, who I didn't know, who was put on the mailing list by a friend of mine. The guy has lost his way since starting college in San Francisco - that explains a lot. I've deleted the original e-mail because I'm sure most of you have seen it; it was a prayer wheel for American soldiers that was intended to inspire us back home and give us solstice that our soldiers were capable of the job at hand. If people want to see it I can post it. At any rate, the guy decided to fire a shot back at the e-mail group and I fired back. "I" am Mark and "he" is J. Gates; I've deleted our e-mail addresses for obvious reasons - we'll mine for obvious reasons. [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif[/img] To give you an idea of what a pathetic, bitter person he is his e-mail address starts with sux9000@...

Here we go:

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Sunday, 23 March, 2003 4:00 PM

Dear Comrades,

Save American Soldiers' lives! Stop US aggression abroad, oh yeah and by the way, don't sell chemical weapons to dangerous ****-tators like Saddam Hussein.

Love and peace,

gates

--- Mark (Sun 23-Mar-03 4:05 PM):
    To "J. Gates",

If you want to stop US aggression abroad - go abroad and stop it. Perhaps if you give it a hug it will hug you back. Good luck with your mental illness, "Commrat"...

Sent: Monday, 24 March, 2003 12:48 AM

Dearest mark,

I shouldn't have to go stand in front of an American M1A1 to "stop American aggression", I should be able to cast a legal vote as an American citizen and have that vote be properly counted- not be illgally usurped by nepotism - ie Jeb, Katherine Harris and the Florida fiasco...

Love,

Gates

P.S I love your rationale that since my opinion is different than yours I am suffering from a "mental illness"

P.S.S. By the way, 90% of all reports on Iraq (between january and march} came from either the White House, State Dept. OR the Pentagon, but of course they probably did not mention that on Fox news, did they?

P.S.S.S How do I hug american agression? Perhaps you could email me a few handy tips.

P.S.S.S.S Ok, I promise this is the last line. Since you are so pro- "Iraqi Freedom" why don't YOU go over there and help liberate the Iraqi people, oh wait you're not there...chickenhawk.

--- Mark:
    To "J. Gates",

Gates,

You cast an illegal vote? I'll inform the authorities. It is a shame that Democrats in Florida cannot read; maybe we should reinstate intelligence tests to qualify people to vote. You should probably look up the definition of "nepotism"; George W. Bush has no relatives on the US Supreme Court. What would your solution to the election debacle have been?

You are suffering from some kind of mental illness because you are deluded into believing that Saddam Hussein poses no threat to us. The only thing that has prevented a direct attack on the US by Iraq is the Atlantic Ocean.

From where would you have reports on Iraq come? PETA, ELF, oil companies? If you assume that I only watch Fox News it must be because you know that the rest of the news sources are liberally biased -- you are correct I only watch Fox News Channel. In contrast to your partisan opposition to Bush, I had no complaints about the Clinton administration's decisions on Waco, Elian Gonzalez, or Yugoslavia.

The suggestion that you hug American aggression is an exaggeration because Utopians are convinced that if they are nice to people people will be nice in return.

I was in the Navy (US) for four years. I got out just as we cleaned up Operation Desert Storm. Had my ship been sent into hostilities I would have fought as expected and not suddenly become a conscientious objector. Alas, I am a bit too old (by military standards) to fight now, but if it became absolutely necessary and the military needed me I would pick up a weapon, not a crudely scrawled protest sign. Also, a "chickenhawk" is actually two words and is a hawk that preys on chickens not a hawk with questionable courage. By the way, "chickenhawk" is also a slang term for a man who has a penchant for teenage boys. I realize that some Utopian has made up their own definition, but until it hits the mainstream I won't acknowledge it. I'm no more a "chickenhawk" than you are a muffinbrick. I can assure that I fit none of the legitimate or illegitimate definitions of "chickenhawk".

Hugs and kisses,
    Marky-poo, Chickenhawk of the First Order

<LEFT> <LEFT>

Don't try to run away - you'll only die tired.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    This post is primarily for theBattsman, but, of course, anyone is welcome to read it...

This was an e-mail exchange between me and a guy, who I didn't know, who was put on the mailing list by a friend of mine. The guy has lost his way since starting college in San Francisco - that explains a lot. I've deleted the original e-mail because I'm sure most of you have seen it; it was a prayer wheel for American soldiers that was intended to inspire us back home and give us solstice that our soldiers were capable of the job at hand. If people want to see it I can post it. At any rate, the guy decided to fire a shot back at the e-mail group and I fired back. "I" am Mark and "he" is J. Gates; I've deleted our e-mail addresses for obvious reasons - we'll mine for obvious reasons. [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif[/img] To give you an idea of what a pathetic, bitter person he is his e-mail address starts with sux9000@...

Here we go:

Sent: Sunday, 23 March, 2003 4:00 PM

Dear Comrades,

Save American Soldiers' lives! Stop US aggression abroad, oh yeah and by the way, don't sell chemical weapons to dangerous ****-tators like Saddam Hussein.

Love and peace,

gates

--- Mark (Sun 23-Mar-03 4:05 PM):
    To "J. Gates",

If you want to stop US aggression abroad - go abroad and stop it. Perhaps if you give it a hug it will hug you back. Good luck with your mental illness, "Commrat"...

Sent: Monday, 24 March, 2003 12:48 AM

Dearest mark,

I shouldn't have to go stand in front of an American M1A1 to "stop American aggression", I should be able to cast a legal vote as an American citizen and have that vote be properly counted- not be illgally usurped by nepotism - ie Jeb, Katherine Harris and the Florida fiasco...

Love,

Gates

P.S I love your rationale that since my opinion is different than yours I am suffering from a "mental illness"

P.S.S. By the way, 90% of all reports on Iraq (between january and march} came from either the White House, State Dept. OR the Pentagon, but of course they probably did not mention that on Fox news, did they?

P.S.S.S How do I hug american agression? Perhaps you could email me a few handy tips.

P.S.S.S.S Ok, I promise this is the last line. Since you are so pro- "Iraqi Freedom" why don't YOU go over there and help liberate the Iraqi people, oh wait you're not there...chickenhawk.

--- Mark:
    To "J. Gates",

Gates,

You cast an illegal vote? I'll inform the authorities. It is a shame that Democrats in Florida cannot read; maybe we should reinstate intelligence tests to qualify people to vote. You should probably look up the definition of "nepotism"; George W. Bush has no relatives on the US Supreme Court. What would your solution to the election debacle have been?

You are suffering from some kind of mental illness because you are deluded into believing that Saddam Hussein poses no threat to us. The only thing that has prevented a direct attack on the US by Iraq is the Atlantic Ocean.

From where would you have reports on Iraq come? PETA, ELF, oil companies? If you assume that I only watch Fox News it must be because you know that the rest of the news sources are liberally biased -- you are correct I only watch Fox News Channel. In contrast to your partisan opposition to Bush, I had no complaints about the Clinton administration's decisions on Waco, Elian Gonzalez, or Yugoslavia.

The suggestion that you hug American aggression is an exaggeration because Utopians are convinced that if they are nice to people people will be nice in return.

I was in the Navy (US) for four years. I got out just as we cleaned up Operation Desert Storm. Had my ship been sent into hostilities I would have fought as expected and not suddenly become a conscientious objector. Alas, I am a bit too old (by military standards) to fight now, but if it became absolutely necessary and the military needed me I would pick up a weapon, not a crudely scrawled protest sign. Also, a "chickenhawk" is actually two words and is a hawk that preys on chickens not a hawk with questionable courage. By the way, "chickenhawk" is also a slang term for a man who has a penchant for teenage boys. I realize that some Utopian has made up their own definition, but until it hits the mainstream I won't acknowledge it. I'm no more a "chickenhawk" than you are a muffinbrick. I can assure that I fit none of the legitimate or illegitimate definitions of "chickenhawk".

Hugs and kisses,
    Marky-poo, Chickenhawk of the First Order

<LEFT> <LEFT>

XyZspineZyX
    Unfortunately this is not an isolated incident-ii is shared by many here in our own country. I am a veteran of the Vietnem War era. You, notice I did not say a Vietnam War veteran. I served in the Air Force but did not go to Nam. This troubled me for many years as i had a lot of friends that either did not come back or came back changed forever. We had the same thing that you have witnessed with this gentleman. Only, you can multiply that by hundreds or probably thousands. It doesn'take it any more pleasant, i am certain, to have to endure it-even at this level.
    I watch all the cable news stations. I prefer Fox, but I feel if i intend to enter into an argument, i want to be as educated as i can. And, like it or not CNN and the others do give us information. It is our job to weed out the chaff from the wheat. I am confident that we can make that determination.
    I applaud you on your defense of our country, I share your sentiments. I would caution you, however to view everything we are fed from any of the news sources with a jaundiced eye. As well as what we are told by our government. We are ruled by men, men that are susceptable to the same temptations that everyone else is. There are some that are good, some that are very good and some that would sell you out for the next vote in the next election. Once they get elected to these offices they would do most anything to hold onto them Power is a powerful enticement.

I love my country and I stand by my President. in fact, although he does and says some things that boggle my mind at times, i firmly believe that he is a good man, a Christian, and we haven't had one of those in there for awhile. In fact, he is directly responsible for me becoming a new republican, i have always voted Democratic in the past. So, he must be doing something right-eh? [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif[/img]

Keep the faith, Man:

Leep Out:

XyZspineZyX
    I've tried to watch CNN and others, but I just can't stand their smug attitudes when they report a failure or quasi-failure of the Bush administration. I've had Politics and the Mass Media, and am very skeptical so I'm cautious about what I believe.
    I, too, believe that Bush really wants to do what is right. I read Ambling Into History for a class on the Presidency and believe in Bush even more after reading it.
    Thanks for your service...

<LEFT> <LEFT>

XyZspineZyX
    "The guy has lost his way since starting college in San Francisco - that explains a lot."

What are you implying here BuckoM? Education destroyed all his conservative values?

XyZspineZyX
    Wow, thanks! I'll have to give this a deeper reading. I was busy all weekend, except for occasional spots of time. Looks good, though.

XyZspineZyX
    drewnix wrote:
    - What are you implying here BuckoM? Education
    - destroyed all his conservative values?

I ain't never needed no schoolin'.

-----------------

Sportsguy AKA MaxDamage

Moderator - cfbtalk.com > Think you know College Football? Well, show us what you've got - Michael "Sportsguy" Gabucci

XyZspineZyX
    drewnix wrote:
    - "The guy has lost his way since starting college in
    - San Francisco - that explains a lot."
    -
    - What are you implying here BuckoM? Education
    - destroyed all his conservative values?

California has lost it's collective mind and San Francisco is by far the worst. Universities everywhere are full of professors who never joined the real world and cling to their bright-eyed fantasies of a Utopia; California is the worst. When most people go to college they are still young and impressionable and they look to professors as a source of knowledge. When the professors fill their heads with ideas that sound nice and appeal to emotion the young dunderheads lap it up because it feels good.

Are we going to start 'this' on another thread?

<LEFT> <LEFT>

XyZspineZyX
    You know bucko- if you changed the place -say the middle east, and the topic, say religion- in this case militant kind we are currently dealing with, your description is just as applicable- Good point you have there:

Leep out:

XyZspineZyX
    Had to post this because of the Irony.. Seems like those utopian dunderheads are begining to understand conservative thought.

http://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/r...politics.shtml

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast