Unity Player problems
It gets about 75% through the load and then I get the error message and all it says in the details is "Download fail, try again" or something along those lines.
I've seen other people say to clear your cache/close other tabs or windows/etc. but NONE of that has worked for me.
I haven't gotten in at all.
My connection isn't a problem either.
But this is really annoying.
Also, another thing (not topic-related), anybody else notice how Aus/New Zealand gets a better limited edition than everyone else?
I think that's kind of lame.
Here's some more info:
I've tested on WinXP, Vista and 7, with IE6, IE7, IE8, Mozilla (3 latest releases), and the latest Google Chrome, none work.
The issue doesn't exist unless you are logged into GRN. When using the Free Mode it works fine, but when Unity tries to download the file for the games for your console, it get a failure error, it varies between the two provided examples in previous posts.
I've tested WiFi and Ethernet connected and with a direct connection to the site with no other bandwidth-intensive applications running on my network and no hardware or software firewalls or anti-virus applications active.
In all the above test environments, the error is the same when logged into GRN. Further, I have tried both the provided Unity Player offered on the Ubisoft site as well as the latest provided by Unity 3D, without change.
Also, I should not that I downloaded labor-intensive Unity files from Unity's Demo library to make sure it wasn't my Unity Player, browser, or cached data and they ran fine.
Last edited by Zambatuo; 04-25-2012 at 12:53 AM.
Originally Posted by Zambatuo
Yeah, I'm using it on Chrome on Win 7 and I tried both the free and logged into GRN and it doesn't work.
It works fine when I use the app on my phone (even though from what I've seen the app is complete crap) and it crashes my phone because of how much it has to load.
I think they might need to try and take a couple steps back and make it so that it doesn't have to use SO much memory.