Thread: no picture | Forums

no picture

I installed SH 5 onto my computers with Windows 7 64bit, and it starts up fine, menu works great, but as soon as start a mission or career, it loads, and I can hear the guy talking to me and the words are coming up at the bottom of the screen but thats all I can see is the subtitles, the rest of the screen is black. please advise.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hello sledheadjr33,
    Could you list your computer specs. SH5 is a very demanding graphic game.
    Also are you using a laptop or a desk top computer.

"When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the *** with a banjo" by Chief Officer Steward Dogan - USS Gurnard.
    -------------
    SHIV Guide - TMOwTw 2.5 - Shipping Route Maps US & Jap - TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5 - SH4 Manual

Its a Intel Xeon CPU E5320 @ 1.86 & 1.87ghz (2 processors)
    8gb of ram
    64 bit
    windows 7 ultimate
    Display adapter type Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series
    Total available graphics memory 3067 MB
    Dedicated graphics memory 256 MB
    Dedicated system memory 0 MB
    Shared system memory 2811 MB
    Display adapter driver version 8.56.1.16
    Primary monitor resolution 1920x1080
    DirectX version DirectX 9.0 or better

when it went through after the game was installed and gave you a check mark, yellow "!" or a red x. the only thing that did not have a check mark was the
    shader. my shader was 2.0 and it asks for 3.0. when the game booted, i turned down the graphics to low but it didnt seem to help.

thanks for your time

I figure you are using a laptop. The problem is probably your graphic card. It is not good enough to play this game.
    What model is your computer? Do you know if you can upgrade your graphic card. Do you have an open slot to put in a better graphic card.

"When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the *** with a banjo" by Chief Officer Steward Dogan - USS Gurnard.
    -------------
    SHIV Guide - TMOwTw 2.5 - Shipping Route Maps US & Jap - TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5 - SH4 Manual

sorry, it is a desktop model. I could update the graphics card if need be. The other thing to note is that as soon as i installed the game it found and downloaded a update/patch and then i went to play the game and it wouldnt even load. The intro video would play and then when it came to the screen with the little red bar, the bar wouldnt move, then it would error and quit. so I uninstalled all of it and started over and did not install the update/patch and now loads and even loads the mission just all that shows up is the subtitles and occasionally if i move the camera around i can see wire outline of certain things with like a brownish tint.

I would look into a better graphic card. You could do a search on the graphic card you have now and see if you come up with the same answer. You posted you had a Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series Display. You will have to find out which series graphic card display you have.

-------------