Thread: SH4 Refusing to start | Forums

SH4 Refusing to start

Decided to pop SH4 back on my machine after a sabbatical.

The install seemed to go fine, but whenever I try and start the game I get a few seconds of the 'reading the CD' symbol, then nothing, the cursor goes back to normal.

Nothing turns up in Task Manager, there are no errors reported. Getting a tad frustrating.

Running XP (x86 sp3).
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi, please contact technical support, the link is in my signature.
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Quote Originally Posted by Glugluglug View Post
    Decided to pop SH4 back on my machine after a sabbatical.

The install seemed to go fine, but whenever I try and start the game I get a few seconds of the 'reading the CD' symbol, then nothing, the cursor goes back to normal.

Nothing turns up in Task Manager, there are no errors reported. Getting a tad frustrating.

Running XP (x86 sp3).

What version of SH4 are you trying to run? IF you are using the Gold Edition of SH4 (v1.5), you don't need the CD in order to play the game. If memory serves you don't require the CD to run v1.0. Try going into the game folder where you have SH4 installed and look for the sh.exe and start with that file.

"Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" LtCDR Samuel D Dealey
    SHIV Guide I Imperial Japanese Navy l US Submarines: Pacific Theater

I believe it was version 1.3 where you no longer needed the Cd but my memory is a bit shaky to.

Glugluglug let us know the version - Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific or Silent Hunter with U-boat missions (gold edition).

We will get you going again.

"When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the *** with a banjo" by Chief Officer Steward Dogan - USS Gurnard.
    -------------
    SHIV Guide - TMOwTw 2.5 - Shipping Route Maps US & Jap - TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5 - SH4 Manual