Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Q&A: Check out answers to some of the "hot" questions about Heroes 6 | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Look, I'm all for ripping them several new ones for doing a crappy job (or not stepping in sooner when BH released a bug-riddled game and didn't release patches), but when people start making up stuff to make them look worse, this can't help things.

Quote Originally Posted by ScythianUA View Post
    Heroes VI was generally a success >_> (mb for their pockets...but not for BH or fans >_> ) )
    The pockets stuff can actually be measured, while it's notoriously hard to measure fan satisfaction. Usually, there's one guy loudly complaining for every 1000 people who are okay with things, or at least not upset enough to complain.

And since the quote you pulled out of context there dealt with whether the game has a future, the financial side becomes even more important: It's hard to get a green light for a sequel to anything that wasn't a financial success.

They also have data like sold units over time to determine how much of the success was generated by pre-orderers who bought the game sight-unseen.

So when the question is "does the franchise has a future", the answer given was quite decent.

There is no such thing as a “small” patch or a “major” patch - this one just a joke.. so there is no dif for "i can't even start a game" and "my troops sounds weird on max speed" or "there is missing letters in description"...so they can continue to work on totally useless patches and say "we are working! buy more!" - only i think that is stupid or what?)
    Read again: the issue is not about how much of a nuisance a bug is for the user, but how much work it is to fix it.

Sure there is a difference between "I can't start the game" and "My dynasty weapons keep disappearing", but while the first one is a much bigger issue, it's quite possible that the solution for the start-up crash is a lot easier to fix than the dynasty weapon disappearing act.

What was said is: "Until we look into things, we can't say how long a problem will take to fix."

my question remains the same: why we patching dead game with useless patches and let it be "half-dead"?

Dead? Useless?

I am angry with BH and Ubi, too about Heroes VI, but mostly because they took forever to start rolling out patches, not because of the game.

As of 1.3, I find it very playable, and I'm glad they fixed it. I'm sure a lot of other people will enjoy playing the game now, too.

So that's why.

only Ubi have profit here...not we...not h6 itself
    Tell me how Ubi profits from paying some team that didn't write the game to familiarise itself with the code and patch the game? I don't know whether you got ripped off or something, but this patch is available for free.

The game profits by having fewer bugs, and we profit from it for the same reason.

PS till they focus on fixing CRITICAL bugs - this game is doomed for oblivion...but for them no dif for any problem...=/ gg wp
    What critical bugs? I'll admit I haven't played that much since 1.3 (2 custom games and one campaign mission), but I haven't encountered any. And I looked for a few I remembered as bugs that made me stop playing.

I'm not saying that I'm the benchmark for all tests, but I can imagine that a lot of people are in the same situation. It's always a balancing act between more critical but less common and less critical but more common bugs. Critical status can't be the only criterion for priority. Especially since a patch contains more than one fix.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I have to agree with KaeYoss here.

Oh wow, it's great that they're actually working on implementation of town screens, I was really disappointed with their absence since it's one of the things I enjoyed most about the Heroes of Might and Magic series. Took me a while to actually find this information but I'm so pleased that they're working on it, and they seem to have a very productive few months ahead of them.

Quote Originally Posted by KaeYoss View Post
    Usually, there's one guy loudly complaining for every 1000 people who are okay with things, or at least not upset enough to complain.

What critical bugs? I'll admit I haven't played that much since 1.3 (2 custom games and one campaign mission), but I haven't encountered any. And I looked for a few I remembered as bugs that made me stop playing.

I'm not saying that I'm the benchmark for all tests, but I can imagine that a lot of people are in the same situation. It's always a balancing act between more critical but less common and less critical but more common bugs. Critical status can't be the only criterion for priority. Especially since a patch contains more than one fix.
    I'l start by saying you were right on everything else you said to that guy, except for the stuff i quoted above. While i understand you like the game, and it's no problem that you do, i doubt you can honestly say that the majority of long time HoMM fans, and i think we do make up the largest part of the buyers of any HoMM games, are satisfied with it, and i'm not talking about the bugs here. I've been playing HoMM games since HoMM 2(and i've also played and finished HoMM 1 and King's Bounty) and this one has been by far the weakest game of the series, and again i'm not talking about the bugs. By the way, please dont say anything about the reviews or grades the game got anywhere, HoMM 4(which had the title of weakest before this one) had loads of good ones aswell and it was still bad. And before you missunderstand my intentions, i'm only sticking around with the hope that this game can still get better not to flame it or anything else. But hiding our head in the sand and pretending people are just haters wont help that happen.

As for the bugs part, maby you should take a bit of time to read the bug threads on this forum, i'm sure you will see that there are lots of problems that you might not have noticed, hell i even missed some of the broken creature skills myself. But, as you said, the problem is that we're not all expiriencing the gamebreaking ones (some people cant even play the game) and it's up to Ubisoft to decide the order they are fixed in.

I am a long time old, old (60 years old) fan of HoMM from the very first game that came out. I have them all including anniversary sets and add-ons. What i enjoyed most about them was the story lines and playing the game to progress the story. HoMM V despite all the complaints about it, was really fun for me to play and I enjoyed the huge upgrade in graphics over the old standard stuff. The story line itself had some impact and the ending was totally up to you to pick and play.

I am glad to see some information being posted about what was going on. Keeping silent for so long was making many players , myself included, very frustrated.

I understand that making a map for a game can be very complex. My complaint about the maps on HoMM VI is the fact that your movement areas are very limited. It is more like a rat running a maze than the old exploring a territory and finding stuff and conquering towns. I loved uncovering an entire map layout but I cant do that on HoMM VI.

I hope that there are plans for bringing back the other factions. I miss them, Academy was one of my favorites. The changes in creature structure and hierarchy was also very different, Adding in sisters instead of the Priest/priestess and changing their function from a ranged one to healing and melee was most unsatisfactory. Plus I miss the nightmares for the Demon faction and their terror ability.

I do wish and hope that the game developers for HoMM have at least played some of the older game versions and get to know in some small measure why there is such a loyal long standing core of fans.

Lastly the ending campaign for this release was most disappointing. Not only is it disjointed with same character dying in both endings but it doesnt even give a good resolution and leaves much left open to be answered. The level cap for the main character heroes is also a bother. I spend the entire ending campaigns getting to see my character get all kinds of exp that means nothing because of the level cap. It would have been nice to have been able to use all the main characters together in one huge final campaign that let you decide the outcome of the battle to end all battles!
    Last edited by Unicorn1844; 04-25-2012 at 12:47 PM. Reason: added clarity

lets think of this:
    the game won't sell anymore/sell poorly
    so the company will spend money to fix the bugs for those who bought the game? out of respect and proffessialism?
    the company that went all out to release it (halfinished) for grabbing some money fast, will now actually spend money without taking it back in sales?
    this company has the ethics for that?
    i might be missing something so anyone feel free to think about that and answer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabryelxxx View Post
    While i understand you like the game, and it's no problem that you do, i doubt you can honestly say that the majority of long time HoMM fans, and i think we do make up the largest part of the buyers of any HoMM games, are satisfied with it, and i'm not talking about the bugs here.

I am talking about bugs. That's what Ubi can and should definitely fix.

Whether they can, should and will change things that aren't bugs but are bad about the game is another matter. Depends really on whether they can be sure that it would be better for the customers or if most actually like things as they are now (that silent majority thing again). It's all a matter of opinion (except obviously stuff like straight-up useless skills.)

Quote Originally Posted by chrsdvs View Post
    lets think of this:
    the game won't sell anymore/sell poorly
    so the company will spend money to fix the bugs for those who bought the game? out of respect and proffessialism?
    the company that went all out to release it (halfinished) for grabbing some money fast, will now actually spend money without taking it back in sales?
    this company has the ethics for that?
    i might be missing something so anyone feel free to think about that and answer to me.
    Well, there is already one of those patches, so apparently the do spend money.

Of course, it could all be a precursor to an expansion or DLC, which will generate income. The chances of selling expansions is greatly reduced if the basic game itself is still buggier than an entomology expo.

I am talking about bugs. That's what Ubi can and should definitely fix.

Whether they can, should and will change things that aren't bugs but are bad about the game is another matter. Depends really on whether they can be sure that it would be better for the customers or if most actually like things as they are now (that silent majority thing again). It's all a matter of opinion (except obviously stuff like straight-up useless skills.)
    Like i said above, in my opnion, the whole silent majority thing is just a piss poor excuse that people hide behind so they dont have to actualy change or do anything. Just my opinion. But i guess Ubisoft could do as you say, they're really good at hiding behind things. They've hidden behind that V.I.P program whenever they made a crappy decision back during development so they it would not surprise me. Oh and let's not forget they've hidden behind piracy to screw us over with the ******ed DRM called conflux.....

Well, there is already one of those patches, so apparently the do spend money.

Of course, it could all be a precursor to an expansion or DLC, which will generate income. The chances of selling expansions is greatly reduced if the basic game itself is still buggier than an entomology expo.
    I get the impression that's what the patches are for too, and good! I want to see more content and optimisation of the base game. Throwing in town screens for free is pretty great of them. Yeah, you could argue that they could have been shipped with the actual game, but the previous developers didn't seem to fully understand what made Heroes of Might and Magic popular to the fans, so rather than charging the town screen as dlc releasing it as a free update is quite nice of the new ones.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast