Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost Recon Online is better than GRFS multiplayer | Forums

Can't really testify regarding either of these. Don't own a console, and I am apparently still in line for a beta key for GRO. Daylight's burning

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

computerandvideogames.com have betakeys. I registered yesterday and got right away. For GRO that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Avean View Post
    I have played both and they are in fact completely different. Ghost Recon: Online has more clumpsy animation and cover system, its not anywhere as smooth and professional as Future Soldier.
    • Yes, both are different games. Did I ever say that they were the same?
    • Could you describe what's so clumsy about GRO's animations? At least it doesn't have characters morphing in on themselves as they do 180s.

While Future Soldier has a nice method of beeing able to shoot from third-person cover, you cant in GRO. It changes to firstperson.
    • This is a discussion about controls which I specifically did not cover for obvious reasons. I am going to assume that you've never have played a third person shooter on the PC. The gamepad controls for Future Soldier cannot support fluid motion between simple zoom in and ADS (first person) whereas on the PC it is very quick and it is actually preferable to use ADS because it is that much easier to access. If you ever play third person shooters on the PC where ADS is available, you'll find yourself using that more than the simple zooming in.

Also the hitsystem is very weird in GRO, it takes tons of bullets to kill and especially sniper feels way off. While in Future Soldier a single or two bullets will kill you.
    • What's weird about the hit system? When you hit targets, you hit them; nothing different than GRFS.
    • It does take multiple bullet to kill, yes, but this is in favor of the tactical gameplay. It is not to achieve realism. Also it's a lie to say that you die to 1-2 normal shots in GRFS. You only die to headshots in one bullet (which holds mostly true in GRO) and also the minimum amount of bullets (without sniper or headshots) to achieve kills is 3.

Also the maps are very plain and boring in GRO while in Future Soldier they are breathtaking maps.
    • Explain yourself. I've already explained my view in the article that you most likely have not finished reading otherwise you would have mentioned some kind of reasoning. This also applies to the next point because I explain clearly what the lines do and you did not read about it.

Also the sound is bad in GRO compared to Future Soldier, and in GRO you have these cyan colored lines connecting every player, its not very good to look at honestly.
    • You obviously don't understand the purpose of the lines.

Future Soldier is in every way a better game, 10x better.
    Thank you for your opinions, but I would like to see your reasoning behind them. Please do respond to my replies.
    It'll be interesting to write another article comparing the two titles later when I have substantial evidence from other players.
    Quote Originally Posted by antoineflemming View Post
    It's not even like GRAW or GRAW2.
    And Future Soldier somehow is? Explain yourself, please.
    Last edited by gameshoes; 04-24-2012 at 05:11 PM.
    BeefJerkyHunter
    My WordPress Blog

computerandvideogames.com have betakeys. I registered yesterday and got right away. For GRO that is.
    As I said before, I am not eligible for keys that are not in the US, and my last support ticket basically told me to wait patiently in line. The only other route I've found is to purchase a game I already own for the key.

Quote Originally Posted by gameshoes View Post
    Thank you for your opinions, but I would like to see your reasoning behind them. Please do respond to my replies.
    It'll be interesting to write another article comparing the two titles later when I have substantial evidence from other players.

And Future Soldier somehow is? Explain yourself, please.
    No, Future Soldier isn't really like GRAW, but my point is that you can't say that GRO is like the old Ghost Recon games. That's my point.

Quote Originally Posted by antoineflemming View Post
    No, Future Soldier isn't really like GRAW, but my point is that you can't say that GRO is like the old Ghost Recon games. That's my point.
    Please point to where I have said that in my article. I am willing to edit mistakes. But did you even read my article?
    Anyway, to my knowledge I did not say such things. Don't put words in my mouth, please.
    BeefJerkyHunter
    My WordPress Blog

Future Soldier is an extension of Splinter Cell Conviction moreso that an extension of GRAW.

If we look at the development history of the core games: Rainbow Six, Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon

We had a wide array of changes throughout the line.

The timeline of gameplay STYLE goes akin to this (a bit fuzzy off the top of my head for sequel numbers):
    Rainbow Six -> Rainbow Six 2 ... -> Rainbow Six Lockdown
    Ghost Recon 1-> Ghost Recon 3(?)
    GRAW 1 Console -> GRAW 2 Console (perhaps also to Rainbow Six Vegas, never played on console so I dunno)
    GRAW 1 PC -> GRAW 2 PC
    GRAW 1 PS2 -> Hell
    Splinter Cell -> SCPT -> SC3 -> Splinter Cell Double Agent
    Rainbow Six Vegas -> Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -> Splinter Cell: Conviction -> GRFS and GRO

We've had significant departures from core mechanics for all series, that eventually converged into a single line.

The Mark/Execute system has basically been a staple since R6V, and made its appearance in SCC and now GRFS. The original Mark and Execute felt contrived because you marked two people and that was it. In Splinter Cell, it was a core mechanic for taking down large groups of enemies. In GRFS, it definitely is a major mechanic in single player. Not sure if you can mark in multiplayer.

The third-person cover system was pretty much redone in R6V to utilize blind-fire/fast peeking and built for action mode. This made its way over to Splinter Cell, with the addition of Cover-to-Cover, which was somewhat difficult to use on PC, but nevertheless, made the stealth portions smoother. I remember in older Splinter Cells where turning around a door was hard enough as it is. Adding this in made traversing the environment simpler and provided an adequate description of where you were going and assisting with movement speed transitions.

FS, from what I've seen, has made the transitions even faster and more impressive.

Just stating the facts here before we jump off a cliff regarding what is similar to what. I've played pretty much every modern-age PC variant of Tom Clancy's series, and some of the console, so I've seen quite a bit of the development, in addition to stints with tactical shooters like SWAT 4.

GRFS has its roots from R6: Vegas in terms of gameplay but very much improved. There hasnt been a game like GRFS at all in the rainbow six series. Its like a good combination of R6: Vegas gameplay and call of duty. But its not frantic as call of duty, its alot more tactical and realistic.

The movement and shooting of GRFS is probably the best ive seen yet, while GRO (Ghost Recon Online) is probably the worst. The sliding across floor ability while aiming coupled with a weird first person cover system is just too weird. Also the maps are just soooo plain. Maps in GRFS are living and breathing, its highly detailed with a nice enviroment. Also the fact that you can crouch and move and shoot at the same time, which offers very stealthy combat. Really love it.

GRFS has its roots from R6: Vegas in terms of gameplay but very much improved. There hasnt been a game like GRFS at all in the rainbow six series. Its like a good combination of R6: Vegas gameplay and call of duty. But its not frantic as call of duty, its alot more tactical and realistic.

The movement and shooting of GRFS is probably the best ive seen yet, while GRO (Ghost Recon Online) is probably the worst. The sliding across floor ability while aiming coupled with a weird first person cover system is just too weird. Also the maps are just soooo plain. Maps in GRFS are living and breathing, its highly detailed with a nice enviroment. Also the fact that you can crouch and move and shoot at the same time, which offers very stealthy combat. Really love it.
    Future Soldier is most certainly not an improvement of R6 Vegas. Gameplay of R6 is miles better than FS's. The movement in FS is beyond awful, as it feels like a mix of running in mud and steering a tank. The gameplay is far from stealthy, especially when you can be detected for nearly the entire length of the match.
    IGN: JonoBurr

Quote Originally Posted by Compassghost View Post
    Future Soldier is an extension of Splinter Cell Conviction moreso that an extension of GRAW.
    You're right on the money. This is why I also think that GRFS is going to tank just like Splinter Cell 5 did.
    Well, Splinter Cell 5 didn't tank, but it had a very bad aftertaste.
    BeefJerkyHunter
    My WordPress Blog

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast