Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost Recon Online is better than GRFS multiplayer | Forums

Ghost Recon Online is better than GRFS multiplayer

Whoa, a free-2-play game being better than the "triple-A" title?
    You may disagree with me but I really don't like the direction Future Soldier is moving in for the multiplayer. But I still have hopes for the campaign/co-op.
    Read my silly article:
    http://gameshoes.wordpress.com/2012/...s-multiplayer/

Hurr hurr.... spamming... Not really, don't even try to expect me to make a post this large using the forum tools.
    Last edited by gameshoes; 04-23-2012 at 05:40 PM.
    BeefJerkyHunter
    My WordPress Blog
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

A very well-thought out post.

I have a minor point, though. You mention you have to reach Level 20 before you can try out all the guns.

I believe both Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction covered this bit. It's been a while since I leveled through both, so bear with me. In Splinter Cell, you got weapons as you FOUND them, or as they were released through DLC. You could upgrade each one as you progressed. In R6V, you shared an XP bar for single and multiplayer.

Also, in response to the part where GRO is F2P, I am under the impression that it will use a similar cash shop system akin to either Battlefield P4F or Blacklight, wherein all the cool stuff has to be rented unless you spend dosh to unlock it permanently, which is inconvenient at best and grindbreaking at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Compassghost View Post
    A very well-thought out post.

I have a minor point, though. You mention you have to reach Level 20 before you can try out all the guns.

I believe both Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction covered this bit. It's been a while since I leveled through both, so bear with me. In Splinter Cell, you got weapons as you FOUND them, or as they were released through DLC. You could upgrade each one as you progressed. In R6V, you shared an XP bar for single and multiplayer.

Also, in response to the part where GRO is F2P, I am under the impression that it will use a similar cash shop system akin to either Battlefield P4F or Blacklight, wherein all the cool stuff has to be rented unless you spend dosh to unlock it permanently, which is inconvenient at best and grindbreaking at worst.
    GRFS has two separate leveling system for campaign and multiplayer.
    Splinter Cell Conviction had you unlock weapons as you went along in the story in both single player and co-op. You don't have to touch the weapons at all and you'll still get them.

And then GRO does not have a renting system. It's a purchase weapon, keep forever system. And yes, like all other f2p games it is still a grindfest.
    But fortunately leveling takes a while so you have a bit of time to save up in-game currency to buy stuff. Also since it takes a while to level up, you won't see people entering the game and then quickly purchasing a high-tier weapon instantly.
    BeefJerkyHunter
    My WordPress Blog

So, what will the GRO full cash shop have? Costumes? Masks? Premium weapons? Faster XP? Permanent weapon mods? I do recall something about weapon mods being removed per use.

Quote Originally Posted by Compassghost View Post
    I do recall something about weapon mods being removed per use.
    That was the original plan for both mods and weapons, but they have scrapped that in favor of one-time purchases. However you can only hold one mod for the weapon. If you wish to switch optics for example, you will lose the previous one so you have to make sure your purchase will be final or you'll lose credits quickly.
    There are no premium weapons or items (as of yet); all items can be earned through playing the game. You can buy headgear, guns, etc through in-game currency.
    There are XP and RP boosts in the game which cost real money.
    Last edited by gameshoes; 04-23-2012 at 11:30 PM.
    BeefJerkyHunter
    My WordPress Blog

Not to take away from the original post, which is very much worth a read, I'll say one thing about GRO for the old school GR fans, GRO is NOT a ghost recon game. It can be lots of fun, but anyone looking for that classic GR feel won't find it there. It has special powers (eg: invincibility shields) and armor upgrades which really kill that GR feel, for me anyways.

I wonder what franchise will take up the realistic shooter from now on.
    Perhaps Codemasters with Operation Flashpoint, but their last two games have been in the dumps and the company itself is having troubles.
    Then I have no idea what the developers for ARMA are doing. But ARMA seems way too difficult for regular gamers to approach.
    BeefJerkyHunter
    My WordPress Blog

Quote Originally Posted by gameshoes View Post
    I wonder what franchise will take up the realistic shooter from now on.
    Perhaps Codemasters with Operation Flashpoint, but their last two games have been in the dumps and the company itself is having troubles.
    Then I have no idea what the developers for ARMA are doing. But ARMA seems way too difficult for regular gamers to approach.
    codemasters is only making racing games now and ARMA dev's bohemia are making ARMA 3

I have played both and they are in fact completely different. Ghost Recon: Online has more clumpsy animation and cover system, its not anywhere as smooth and professional as Future Soldier.
    While Future Soldier has a nice method of beeing able to shoot from third-person cover, you cant in GRO. It changes to firstperson. Also the hitsystem is very weird in GRO, it takes tons of bullets to kill and especially sniper feels way off. While in Future Soldier a single or two bullets will kill you. Also the maps are very plain and boring in GRO while in Future Soldier they are breathtaking maps.
    Also the sound is bad in GRO compared to Future Soldier, and in GRO you have these cyan colored lines connecting every player, its not very good to look at honestly.

Future Soldier is in every way a better game, 10x better.

Quote Originally Posted by Avean View Post
    I have played both and they are in fact completely different. Ghost Recon: Online has more clumpsy animation and cover system, its not anywhere as smooth and professional as Future Soldier.
    While Future Soldier has a nice method of beeing able to shoot from third-person cover, you cant in GRO. It changes to firstperson. Also the hitsystem is very weird in GRO, it takes tons of bullets to kill and especially sniper feels way off. While in Future Soldier a single or two bullets will kill you. Also the maps are very plain and boring in GRO while in Future Soldier they are breathtaking maps.
    Also the sound is bad in GRO compared to Future Soldier, and in GRO you have these cyan colored lines connecting every player, its not very good to look at honestly.

Future Soldier is in every way a better game, 10x better.
    Thank you. I tried GRO. Honestly didn't like it, and it in no way is like the old GR games. And yes, I've played the old GR games. It's not even like GRAW or GRAW2. Weapons do suck. Animations and Cover system do suck. At LEAST they should have dropped the futuristic feel that people were complaining about with the GRFS 2010 build. Not to mention GRO just LOOKS terrible; and that's not graphic quality, that's their artistic design. They could have at least made it look like the 2010 build of GRFS as far as design goes. Not to mention GRO is yet ANOTHER game where there's no point to play as anything other than sniper/recon or engineer.

As far as the rifleman issues in the beta, if they'd just up the damage on the sniper rifle, WHILE IN SCOPE, and on the engineer's weapons, without adjusting accuracy, and decrease the damage for all weapons outside of sights, then I bet no one would be complaining as much about GRFS.
    Last edited by antoineflemming; 04-24-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast