Thread: Older Users | Forums

Unhappy Older Users

I'm 62 and have arthritis in the knees. Some of the exercises require you to get on the floor. I can't do that. There is no SKIP command and no way out when the exercise sequence starts. Even the ones that do not require you to get on the floor may have moves that I just can't do, though a lot of these have something that I can do. So that is what I'm doing.

I used to be in a Silver Sneakers class that was really more advanced that the official highest level of Silver Sneakers. When I saw the Humana Aging gracefully, I thought that would be perfect. It's not!

I can make the program work for me, but really would like to see UBISOFT add a skip command and possibly a Silver Sneakers add-in.

In the blue section at the beginning under Edit Profile you can add your age, weight etc. I don't know what the program actually does with the information.

When you set up your exercise goals you are not asked any questions on what equipment such as weights, or power cords that you may have. You are also not asked whether you have any trouble getting on and up from the floor.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

That's a really good point. I hope Ubisoft pays attention to it and builds it in, for the future. Just saying "Xbox skip" would do the trick.

About the whole extra equipment, I had the biggest loser workout one on kinect and it actually had something in the menu to add certain equipments in the workout but did not notice that in this game. Would def be a good update for the next one. This game has quite abit of semi-hardcore workouts and I was very surprised.

Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA negadave's Avatar
    Those are great suggestions.
    A "Silver" workout or simply a "Skip" option would be a nice features.
    These forums are monitored by Forum Mods, Support, and development teams, so this is a good place for suggestions of this nature.
    Thanks!

oh man if your showing suggestions I wanted to mention the whole calorie/heart rate thing. Not sure but doesn't seem like it would be too hard to add something how treadmills have to connect to wireless heart rate monitors like for instance I use my polar hear rate and its got alot more settings to get a more accurate calorie count. Would be great to see something like that attached to some type of module that the game could use.

Not just for older users either - I strained something in my arm a couple of weeks back, which then made me skip entire workout routines because I knew it would make me use both arms.

If I could have just skipped those exercises, it would have been far less demoralizing! Sitting there and doing nothing while the AI trainer complains at you isn't very motivating.