View Poll Results: What camera do you prefer?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Normal Camera

1 6.25%
  • Manual Camera

10 62.50%
  • I can use both.

1 6.25%
  • I haven't tried the other one yet.

4 25.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Assassinate: Manual Camera or not? | Forums

Assassin's Creed Unity Revolution Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin's Creed Unity Official E3 2014 Co-op Commented Demo [US]

Assassin's Creed Unity: Introduction to Arno [US]

Assassin's Creed Unity E3 2014 World Premiere Cinematic Trailer [US]

Assassinate: Manual Camera or not?

I recently played Assassinate for the first time ever in my life. Of course, the game mode all revolves around the locking system (which I had quite some troubles with) and exploiting it to get the most out of every situation. Whilst I was looking for some tips on playing Assassinate, I found out a lot of good Assassinate players prefer to use the Manual Camera instead of the normal one. I'm just wondering what kind of advantages it has. Not only in Assassinate though, I hear it helps with a lot of things like free-running or preventing accidentally killing the wrong persona.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about there are two camera modes under options. The default one means the camera will adjust itself automatically. Like when you are running, the camera will turn behind your character so you can see what's in front of you. The second setting disables this, and requires the player to make every camera movement him/herself. There is still some minor adjustment from the camera but it very minimal.

Apparantly some players prefer the manual camera as they say: "I don't have to fight the camera all the time". With fighting they obviously mean constantly keeping it in the place they want it to be. This will give them an extra free hand. It will require some practice before mastering the manual camera, but is it really that better is what I wonder...

Your mistakes were twofold I'm afraid. You sprung your Tripwire without looking to see if the game you hunted, was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short... I'm no murderer. I'm an Assassin.
    Oh, but you will have your reward for finding me. And don't think about running off without collecting. My blade is faster...or my name's not Emvidasch.
    http://youtu.be/k4kWbHePQbU?t=45s
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I never used the manual before, but will try it in Deathmatch to see how it goes.

Banned
    I use the manual camera.

I've been using the Manual Camera for ages with the highest sensitivity possible plus the controller technique, the Eagle Claw.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4tyEL8kCBc
    Last edited by persiateddy95; 04-23-2012 at 02:40 PM.

The "New PoP Deathbringers" Team My Twitter/PSN: Ted95On
    "Beauty slept and angels wept for her immortal soul, in this response all evil chose to claim her for their very own."

And I find it funny that you need a certain controller technique for Assassinate on the consoles. I don't think I could do that

A123ffe - PC
    A123ffe - Xfire
    SuperMrAffe - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Emvidasch View Post
    I recently played Assassinate for the first time ever in my life. Of course, the game mode all revolves around the locking system (which I had quite some troubles with) and exploiting it to get the most out of every situation. Whilst I was looking for some tips on playing Assassinate, I found out a lot of good Assassinate players prefer to use the Manual Camera instead of the normal one. I'm just wondering what kind of advantages it has. Not only in Assassinate though, I hear it helps with a lot of things like free-running or preventing accidentally killing the wrong persona.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about there are two camera modes under options. The default one means the camera will adjust itself automatically. Like when you are running, the camera will turn behind your character so you can see what's in front of you. The second setting disables this, and requires the player to make every camera movement him/herself. There is still some minor adjustment from the camera but it very minimal.

Apparantly some players prefer the manual camera as they say: "I don't have to fight the camera all the time". With fighting they obviously mean constantly keeping it in the place they want it to be. This will give them an extra free hand. It will require some practice before mastering the manual camera, but is it really that better is what I wonder...
    Yes; at first I used 'fight' the cam all the time but then I discovered the blessing Manual cam was. It's simply better because it does what you want it to do.

Quote Originally Posted by persiateddy95 View Post

I've been using the Manual Camera for ages with the highest sensitivity possible plus the controller technique, the Eagle Claw.

Hmm, have you ever heard of simply 'the claw' used when playing Monster Hunter on PSP? After that, my fingers were... amazing.

Wow. I've been playing the MP since Brotherhood and I never even knew that you could switch camera options XD. I'm so slow

Sig Created by Mr-SMITH1994

"You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter"

PSN: UrbanSaint614

I thought I used it but realized a few days ago that I don't :P Did start using it now and it's pretty awesome

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheEViLN

Cripple The Frozen Remedy
    XBOX: TheEViLN
    PSN: Nejc

Quote Originally Posted by persiateddy95 View Post

I have no idea what "the eagle claw" is. Some kind of locking technique or just a way to hold the controller?

Your mistakes were twofold I'm afraid. You sprung your Tripwire without looking to see if the game you hunted, was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short... I'm no murderer. I'm an Assassin.
    Oh, but you will have your reward for finding me. And don't think about running off without collecting. My blade is faster...or my name's not Emvidasch.
    http://youtu.be/k4kWbHePQbU?t=45s

i have recently started using the manual camera ive found its really helps in my free running
    GT: Ewok Templar v1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast