Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 11 Challenge: We Share the Same Skies (Combo) | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

102,578 NMM / 193,089 MM (Expert) rcole_sooner

Last edited by rcole_sooner; 04-30-2012 at 05:39 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Steamroller52 View Post
    And since the chord positions are not obvious/indicated in RR or the Associated Techniques, us No0bs are left to finger dance (individually target the notes) and play it incorrectly with no hope of mastering anything. I've been busy this week so have only spent about an hour on this song, but it's a little bit frustrating knowing that I don't know how to attempt to play this song and that RS's tools won't teach me. I like this song and would like to be able to play it, but obviously my skills (and maybe attitude ) are not where they need to be to figure it out without better spoon-feeding from RS. Maybe I'll try it again in about a year. LOL!

As usual I appreciate all the playing tips and helpful comments the experienced players have provided in this thread.
    I'm willing to write out how I position my fingers for this one if you're hitting a brick wall. I don't know 100% if it's the 'best' way to do it, but it works for me, and others can feel free to chide me if I'm breaking any technique rules

The thing is, this does require dexterity in your pinky finger, so even though it's only a couple of chord positions it's definitely not trivial...

Quote Originally Posted by ZumaRocks View Post
    I have HDMI, I played Smoke on the Water at CGeorg's on Easter, no change in my scoring or grooving. CGeorg will be up here this weekend so we can do some more testing.
    Oh, in the conversation I had with him I got the impression that you guys had a similar setup... Well, maybe HDMI isn't the deal... If someone else has both connection types it would be good to know if they have noticed any difference.

Well, let me know if you do find a difference when he does come up to your place. I really want to figure this out.

For video, I've tested HDMI and component both and see no difference. I run both through my A/V receiver, though, and I'm pretty sure the receiver up-converts the component video...so it might end up a wash. But video latency should be more a function of your display's draw time than what type of cable you're running.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel_Nirvana View Post
    For video, I've tested HDMI and component both and see no difference. I run both through my A/V receiver, though, and I'm pretty sure the receiver up-converts the component video...so it might end up a wash. But video latency should be more a function of your display's draw time than what type of cable you're running.
    I still hold hope that one day.... one day I will understand how groove and early groove works, and how it ties into AV setup, and the video lag setting.

One day...

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleSauve View Post
    I still hold hope that one day.... one day I will understand how groove and early groove works, and how it ties into AV setup, and the video lag setting.

One day...
    I emailed Ubisoft Support regarding this and to get an overall understanding of the scoring system. If I get anything, I'll definitely let you all know.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudfuel View Post
    I emailed Ubisoft Support regarding this and to get an overall understanding of the scoring system. If I get anything, I'll definitely let you all know.
    Yeah, my guess is that UBI support won't give too much insight into this. We have had RS-Matt come on and make a few comments on groove, but not enough to really unravel the mistery around early groove, the timing windows for each, and how it interacts with AV setup and lag calibration. His initial comment is that it 'should' be lag independent, but he also stated that it should be relative to the notes you've hit. That is not my experience though, so I am thinking there is more to it.

@rcole_sooner - sweet guitar in the proof pic!

Thanks. I seem to be christening it on a song that is pretty tough for me. I guess trial by fire.

I just noticed that I have a blister on my pinkie, from this song. That has never happened in all my years of playing. And I have tried to incorporate my pinkie into most playing. I used it the last 2 weeks for sure. If it turns into a callous that will be pretty cool, and I'll finally have a guitar pinkie.
    Last edited by rcole_sooner; 04-27-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleSauve View Post
    I'm willing to write out how I position my fingers for this one if you're hitting a brick wall. I don't know 100% if it's the 'best' way to do it, but it works for me, and others can feel free to chide me if I'm breaking any technique rules

The thing is, this does require dexterity in your pinky finger, so even though it's only a couple of chord positions it's definitely not trivial...
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm so far behind this week I think I'll just sit this song out. Maybe further down the road when I've got a better comprehension of chord shapes and much better finger dexterity (and guitar pinkie like RCole ) I can come back to this arrangement. I'll look forward to next week's challenge song.
    RS1: 1,000 hours played on PS3; 900 hours played on PC
    RS14: 330 hours played on PC; 15 hours played on PS3

Gibson SG Standard w/P90s; Fender Jaguar Blacktop w/SD Pearly Gates; PRS SE Custom 24; Ibanez RGA42E w/EMG 81/85; Ibanez AEF30 Acoustic; Marshall MG15DFX amp; Rivera Blues Shaman pedal; Zoom G2.1NU Multi-FX pedal

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast