Week 11 Challenge: We Share the Same Skies (Combo)
The rules for the song challenges are as follows:
1) A song and particular arrangement will be posted before Tuesday every week.
2) There are four competitive categories Beginner (0--69,999), Intermediate (70k--89,999k), Advanced (90k--any yellow score, meaning the song has never been mastered), and Expert (any purple score in Non-Mastermode and/or Mastermode). There is also a separate "honorable mention" category that will identify the player with the highest accuracy percentage on a purple score. If there is a tie between players, the break will got to the player with the longest note streak.
3) Each participant is allowed to make a single entry in either the Beginner, Intermediate, or the Advanced categories. If the participant qualifies for the Expert category (i.e., a fully mastered song), he/she can enter scores in both Expert-NMM (Non-Mastermode) and Expert-MM (Mastermode).
4) Entries must be made by replying to the song thread with your score and difficulty in the title (this way we won't have to sift through post content). For example: 248,033 (Expert-MM).
5) Please only submit one score per song. If you play the song later in the week and do better, go to your original post and edit with the replacement score and pic. However, if you qualify for the Expert category you may submit a score in each division of Expert (Expert-NMM & Expert-MM)
6) To be entered in the competition you must submit a picture of the song results replay screen (showing score, percentage, and note streak)
7) All entries must be in before Monday, so by 11:59 Sunday night (based on EST Time Zone or UTC-5 internationally)
8) A separate thread showing the winners of each difficulty category will be posted by the previous week's winner, and the selection of the following week's song will be the responsibility of one of these winners.
9) We will rotate the responsibility of selecting the next song and arrangement each week starting with Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and then Expert-MM and Expert-NMM.
10) In the event that the winner does not respond to a PM notification to start a new thread by Tuesday, the winner of the next category in the rotation will be notified to select an arrangement and start a thread.
The winner of the Expert-NMM category this week will choose the song challenge for week 12.
Oh yeah, this one is a lot of fun to play. I need a break from bending and crazy solos, my fingers can't handle too much more of that, lol. Even though it's much less intensive, the riffs are quick and tricky to catch onto. Keeping a streak going can be tough, for me at least. The double-stop chords are pretty similar, not hard, but still tricky, lots of movement and weird timings. I'm hoping I can get this one down enough to play from memory. Best of luck to everyone though, I am curious to see the scores on this one.