Thread: NPC Diversity, UbiTim? :D | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Outpost App [UK]

NPC Diversity, UbiTim? :D

In Far Cry 2, there were about 3 or 4 basic facial templates. (Discounting The Jackal, Mbantuwe, etc.)
    Your average merc had the same face as 3 or 4 of his buddies in the camp, maybe with a different shirt or a moustache. My point is, I really hope FC3 has more variety than this, it was a small, but annoying issue, and I really think the game would have benefitted from a few more.
    But from what I've seen, at least in single player, the hostiles in FC3 all have basically the same look, even worse, they are nearly all wearing he same outfit! White shirt with red bandana. I understand it may be their "Gang Colors" so to speak, but there still should be some more selection in clothing. Are there any more? As they say, variety is the spice of life. Maybe UbiTim can elaborate?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Good Idea but also of more of a concern is that will there be any different types of enemies with different attack patterns like natives or tribal warriors with spears running at you like a fast enemy?

That should be a bigger concern that monsters although alot of people don't like them provide variation of attack patterns that break the laws of physics and make gaming fun so I hope that we see a distinct variation of enemies who attack you differntly aswell as look different as the OP stated

I never really noticed the faces of the enemies in fc2. They all looked like dead men to me I like the fact that you could tell that it was the same guy but with a moustache lol. I will have to look for them now. Maybe the guys with moustaches are stunt doubles? Perhaps we just need a better selection of facial hair - maybe one guy with a goatie beard, another with a moustache and a third with a full beard. There were very few female characters in fc2 (with or without beards)

They should bring back the jessie ventura (Predator) Lookalike from Far cry 1 with the big cowboy hat

Quote Originally Posted by Holographik View Post
    In Far Cry 2, there were about 3 or 4 basic facial templates. (Discounting The Jackal, Mbantuwe, etc.)
    Your average merc had the same face as 3 or 4 of his buddies in the camp, maybe with a different shirt or a moustache. My point is, I really hope FC3 has more variety than this, it was a small, but annoying issue, and I really think the game would have benefitted from a few more.
    But from what I've seen, at least in single player, the hostiles in FC3 all have basically the same look, even worse, they are nearly all wearing he same outfit! White shirt with red bandana. I understand it may be their "Gang Colors" so to speak, but there still should be some more selection in clothing. Are there any more? As they say, variety is the spice of life. Maybe UbiTim can elaborate?
    There will definitely be a good mix of NPCs that you'll interact with throughout the game. I don't want to get too specific because I don't want to spoil the story, but we've shown 5 or so different enemies so far.The characters differ in weapon speciality, speed and armour. There's also a ton of friendlies that you'll interact with.

Quote Originally Posted by ronster2011 View Post
    Good Idea but also of more of a concern is that will there be any different types of enemies with different attack patterns like natives or tribal warriors with spears running at you like a fast enemy?

That should be a bigger concern that monsters although alot of people don't like them provide variation of attack patterns that break the laws of physics and make gaming fun so I hope that we see a distinct variation of enemies who attack you differntly aswell as look different as the OP stated
    The AI will react based on how you choose to attack.

Quote Originally Posted by UbiTimS View Post
    So if I go and t-bag one of them they will all run like chickens after me to t-bag me?

Quote Originally Posted by UbiTimS View Post
    It sounds like different classes of human enemies and the weapons and vehicles they have available to them which is fine and will create variation I just hope that there are a good variety of stealth weapons so I am not constanly knifing people to get to an objective and can employ alot of stealth tactics before the meat and potatoes gunplay on offer that is the only way to create more variation by giving the player alot of different attack options other than guns leading in to mission..... By that I mean traps and various other stealth weapons but also understand that different gun skills will need to be aquired the further you go... From what you have said I understand the basic kind premise of what to expect

I have a question for you about taking a mission please Ubitim.... When you start a mission this will trigger certain things to occur on the map.... If you approach an objective in a bad way and have to fall back will the AI send search parties / re-enforcements / helicopter search? And if you decide to abandon the mission how long before this Alert / wanted mode stops?

Will dense jungle provide cover / the player to be hidden from helicopters?

Basically I really want the feeling of dread if I mess up a mission and for the enemy to come looking for me and really hope this is part of the plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Scripts18 View Post
    So if I go and t-bag one of them they will all run like chickens after me to t-bag me?
    Please try to be mature, we're not all in middle school.