Thread: Help with the Settles 6 and 7 demos | Forums

Help with the Settles 6 and 7 demos

Hello! I wanted to try the games The Settlers 6 and 7. I downloaded the demo of Ubisoft's site, but could not play either. The Settlers 6 gives me the following message: Graphics adapter does not meet minimum requirements. At least 70 MB of available video memory required, only - 1807 MB detected.
    In my mind, I have much more available memory than necessary. How do I run the game?

Already with the Settlers 7 the following happens: it opens the autopatch, downloads the patch to the 4.1 demo, install, and then when I try to play it opens the screen saying that a patch is needed to run the game. Then he opens a tab in my browser with a page that tells me that the demo is over? If he just should not be available for download on the official Ubisoft. Can you help me with that too?

I want to first try before i decide to purchase the two games above.

Sincerely,

Dominique
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Unfortunately, the Settlers 6 demo had a bug, it couldn't recognise the video ram correctly if the video card had more than 512mb, and reported the ram as a negative amount, they fixed that bug before the game was released, but never got round to fixing the demo.

As for the Settlers 7 demo, unfortunately the servers for the demo were shut down some time ago.

Official Whisky taster and Herald to the Mighty Alderbranch.
    "The clues are out there.....S.N.A.F.U."
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote