Thread: Team Support Points and Weapons - How they're gained and how they work | Forums

Kyrat Edition Trailer | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Survive Kyrat | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

What are you made of? | Far Cry 4 [UK]

KYRAT SERIES 1 - The lowlands | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Team Support Points and Weapons - How they're gained and how they work

Personally, this is how I think it should be:

Capturing an objective or flag = 5 TSP
    Killing an enemy = 2 TSP
    Assisting a kill = 1 TSP
    Reviving a team-mate = 2 TSP

That should be the only way of obtaining Team Support Points. Now, how many Team Support Points should it be to be awarded with the Team Support weapons? I think 30.
    Why? Because you are able to have 3 different weapons per game, therefore every 10 Points you earn will award you with the next weapon on the point meter.
    This way, the match will not be clogged with constant Support weapons being used all the time, as it will take either;

15 kills or,
    6 objective/flag captures or,
    30 assists (not likely) to obtain the (lets call it) the tier 3 Support weapon/ to fill the meter.

So it's a decent amount of work required to fill your point meter. But, to make it even more of a challenge, what if each support weapon you use resets your point meter? I have a feeling that this is already how it works, but if it isn't, let me explain what I mean;

For example, you've earned 10 Team Support Points (TSP) and you are now able to use your Scouts support weapon (I think that's what it's called, basically a UAV, though), but you don't. If you did use this Support weapon then your meter will reset. So, you gain another 10 TSP and have now earned the second Support weapon which is Psyche Gas. You choose to use this and your meter would reset. The thing is though, if you were to use the Scouts, in order to earn Psyche Gas you would need another 20 TSP, not 10as your meter would have reset from using the Scouts weapon.
    If you die, your meter would reset by 5 TSP - this would mean that if you are nearly at gaining the Barrel Bomb weapon, and then suddenly start losing your grip and dying many times in a row, you could within a minute be back at an empty meter.

I have a feeling that this is already how the Team Support Point system works, but if not, do you think it should? If not, why?

Thanks for reading.
    Far Cry 3...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Awesome, bro! I agree with your idea about limitations on the abuse of TSWs. Hopefully the system wont be too clunky.

Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God!

Cheers mayte! Yeah, it's just if the point meter didn't reset after the use of a Support weapon, then it would be too easy to get another 10 TSP for the next weapon. So I'm just hoping.
    Far Cry 3...

Moh

That was the biggest problem in medal of honour, lets hope ubi dont get it wrong with this game.

Cheers Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by LSTNITESKEBAB View Post
    That was the biggest problem in medal of honour, lets hope ubi dont get it wrong with this game.
    How do you mean? I've played Medal of Honor a few times and from my experience it's been fairly difficult for me to get to even the 4th reward.

In Far Cry 3, as there's only 3 rewards available to earn per-life, I think the meter should reset after each use of a support weapon, which ever one it is; 1st, 2nd or 3rd. This way if you want to gain the 3rd weapon, you'd have to go without using the 1st and 2nd. That way it's a risk because if you die, 5 points are deducted.
    Far Cry 3...

I think that must be what they're planning, because they did state that you "spend" the support points on the support weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDrewdelz View Post
    I think that must be what they're planning, because they did state that you "spend" the support points on the support weapons.
    Oh really? Well that's good news.
    Far Cry 3...