Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will there be ranked dedicated servers for PC? | Forums

Will there be ranked dedicated servers for PC?

If there are ranked dedicated servers on PC for this game, I will go and pre order it right now. If there isn't, then I will be disappointed, but content to play other games.

Let me know, because this game looks awesome.

Cheers.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

who cares if they are ranked or not, WE JUST NEED DEDICATED period!

+1 to Free Downloable Seperate - Stand Alone Dedicated Server software for GR FS .
    If its limited to 8 players online in Unranked and 12 players unranked in LAN I would be happy.

It needs to be able to kick high pingers over 250 ping. or block them from joining.
    Country regioning blocking . Australian/NZ servers dont want people from USA joining and lagging our servers.
    For clan servers , able to allocate slots for clan members over pub players and boot a person to make way for a clan member
    Able to password the server to create a private match.

If they want to also offer "client 2 client" match making thats fine, but REAL Gamers need server browsers and SADS low ping hosted servers

Ubi could also offer ranked paided software to game rental hosting companys for ranked servers.

As long as I have a good assult gun with GL and a few nades I dont really need all the fancy unlocks

You actually expect to get a straight answer? This has been asked for 2 years now. All we ever get is the run around. The closest answer is when someone from UBI was asked about this when he was talking about the console version and said that the PC version runs the same game engine as the console version. The console version only uses listen servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Threefiddie View Post
    who cares if they are ranked or not, WE JUST NEED DEDICATED period!
    I care if they are ranked, I made the mistake of purchasing MW3 because I assumed their dedicated servers would be ranked. Ranking up is half the fun of playing the game. If there are no ranked dedicated servers, then I will simply continue to play BF3.

Quote Originally Posted by athenian View Post
    You actually expect to get a straight answer? This has been asked for 2 years now. All we ever get is the run around. The closest answer is when someone from UBI was asked about this when he was talking about the console version and said that the PC version runs the same game engine as the console version. The console version only uses listen servers.
    I'd expect an answer before I buy the game at least. If they don't give me an answer, then I will simply not purchase the game, Ubisoft has done a fantastic job of alienating their customers over the past few years, and it seems like now that their profits have dropped %90 they've realised that they need to stop treating their customers like **** and actually give them what they want. Hence their 180 on DRM. I've been boycotting Ubisoft for years without any sorrow (there are plenty of good competing games on the market) and now I'm here to see if I should give them another chance. How they answer this question will probably determine whether or not this game will be successful amongst PC shooter fans or not. I doubt many PC gamers will buy this if it doesn't have ranked dedicated servers when they can just play BF3, BLOPS, or ARMA 3 when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyau View Post
    As long as I have a good assult gun with GL and a few nades I dont really need all the fancy unlocks
    Since other games offer dedicated servers AND have the fancy unlocks, I expect Ubisoft to be able to provide the same functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by CosyPigeon View Post
    I care if they are ranked, I made the mistake of purchasing MW3 because I assumed their dedicated servers would be ranked. Ranking up is half the fun of playing the game. If there are no ranked dedicated servers, then I will simply continue to play BF3.

ranking as in leaderboards, not leveling up.

Quote Originally Posted by CosyPigeon View Post
    I doubt many PC gamers will buy this if it doesn't have ranked dedicated servers when they can just play BF3, BLOPS, or ARMA 3 when it comes out.
    Battlefield 3 has admin restrictions on their servers plus you have to rent the servers which costs money, don't know about blops never played the game, I know the ArmA series of games don't have unlocks or rank ups etc so i presume ArmA 3 won't have unlocks or ranking. I could be wrong but i think there will be private matches in GRFS and no need to unlock anything all the equipment is available straight away. You can't have full unrestricted access to dedicated ranked servers, that would lead to abusing/cheating the rank system.

I have been asking the same question but they are unprofessional and refuse to buy it so I think I am going to be smart and take that as a lack of confidence in their product. Don't waste your money, the game sucks anyway go download Ghost Recon Online... MUCH better game. They also agreed when I posted a thread that blew up about competitve play and dedicated servers and ranked and they are going to be installing it after release.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast