Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Driver: SF or TDU2? | Forums

True, I have not seen a Bugatti, but they do exist, therefore its realistic to include them in a game about cars, for those who care about realism. On rarity, most supercars numbers do not surpass 1000 in numbers, or even come close to that many.
    McLaren F1: 106 cars
    Bugatti Veyron: 300 cars
    Zonda Cinque (from DSF): 5 cars

As for which game to choose, I own both, but I like Driver much better. The cars handle properly
    Last edited by J_Frumpleberg; 04-26-2012 at 01:38 PM.
    DRIVER 6 - my wishlist - Unlicensed Vehicles, Real-Time Car Damage, Car Flipping and Roll-Overs, On Foot AND Shift, Guns, No Invisible Walls, Able to drive of cliffs, jump fences etc, Performance Upgrades, Car Creator basic example, Set up Ramps and Stunts in shift mode, Reduce Framerate to 30fps and add back all the stuff you had to take out, Please and Thank You!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

For these cars yes they are, but I ment Lambos & co are rather popular cars. On the other hand, it would be strange to see 10 different Zonda Cinque's in DSF, when only 5 were made.

Well the point is the game is supposed to have a wide appeal, and lots of people like supercars. Sure, every other game has them, but every other game isn't Driver, with the drifting and cop chases. I'm sick of racing games, I just like to mess around and unlock cars as fast as possible, or preferably not have to unlock any cars because I am tired of having to do 50 missions/races to get to the good cars

The game still has normal cars and muscle cars. Hopefully next time they'll get some more Japanese cars, they should've taken more advantage of the Nissan license and hopefully Datsun would go along with it as well. Toyota and Honda I think want no part in a "street racing" game. Maybe Mitsubishi, Mazda and Subaru will play ball?
    DRIVER 6 - my wishlist - Unlicensed Vehicles, Real-Time Car Damage, Car Flipping and Roll-Overs, On Foot AND Shift, Guns, No Invisible Walls, Able to drive of cliffs, jump fences etc, Performance Upgrades, Car Creator basic example, Set up Ramps and Stunts in shift mode, Reduce Framerate to 30fps and add back all the stuff you had to take out, Please and Thank You!!!

ok driver and tdu2 are completely different games driver is made for people who want FUN!. tdu2 is just crap in my view compared to driver. if u want to see a good racer need for speed is your best bet. but driver isn't near to nfs. and the best feature is tanner got a new super power. the ability to teleport into cars and drive them. so my opinion driver is the better here, ifs and tdu2 are still good games though.

I think NFS is more of an actual RACING game, whereas Driver (even though it has stuff like Spint-GP and classic race) is more of a crash game.

Videos of secret vehicles / locations / weather in Driver: San Francisco

Multiplayer meetings here!

#1 worldwide in following challenges: BLACK & BLUE - CANNON - YEEHAW!! - VANISHING CHANCE - CLASSIC RACE (Challenge) - BEL VIAGGIO - LEGAL TROUBLES - SMOKIE TRAIL - SCHOOL'S OUT - RELAY RACE

Burnout 2 and 3 were the best racing games ever made, end of story

Quote Originally Posted by J_Frumpleberg View Post
    Well the point is the game is supposed to have a wide appeal, and lots of people like supercars. Sure, every other game has them, but every other game isn't Driver, with the drifting and cop chases. I'm sick of racing games, I just like to mess around and unlock cars as fast as possible, or preferably not have to unlock any cars because I am tired of having to do 50 missions/races to get to the good cars

The game still has normal cars and muscle cars. Hopefully next time they'll get some more Japanese cars, they should've taken more advantage of the Nissan license and hopefully Datsun would go along with it as well. Toyota and Honda I think want no part in a "street racing" game. Maybe Mitsubishi, Mazda and Subaru will play ball?
    I know exactly what you mean. Being forced to unlock a lot of content just doesn't feel as great as it used to, especially when you have to grind away at it for a very long time. Then again, I know that some genres, like fighting games, don't have very much of an incentive any more to be played for long because there's almost nothing interesting that you unlock or there's just simply too few options.

Back in the old days, I used to love playing every bit of what a game had to offer, so I even went to great lengths, like doing plenty side missions, collecting all kinds of items, etc. in games like GTA:VC and others, but I do not have that kind of patience any more. I suppose that, after a while, you realize how many other games you can be enjoying, so you try to get through a game as quickly as possible, even if that ruins the overall enjoyment you had of that game.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Frumpleberg View Post
    Burnout 2 and 3 were the best racing games ever made, end of story
    Too bad I didn't get to play them both for as long as others did. I remember getting something out of them on my cousins' PS2 years ago, but I never really was that interested in the Burnout franchise. It wasn't until more recently that I had begun to look into racing games more, and Dirt 3 helped propel me further. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to play many more arcade racing games as well as some racing sims like Forza 4, F1 2011, and several others.
    My Xbox Live gamertag: WiriestFoot4

I've got to play more Burnout 3- I hit a wall where I couldn't figure out why there was only one crash junction available when it seemed there were supposed to be about 30. I also need to grab Revenge sometime too.

The reason unlockables aren't as fun to get anymore is because they suck, basically. Different clothes. A plus mode. A medal.

In the old days, a bit of hard work would be showering you with weapons, abilities, secret ares, sometimes entire friggin' levels.

And CHEATS. My god- remember the cheats?
    What the next DRIVER needs: Tighter, narrower streets for slower, more responsive cars as seen in D1,2,3. More 70s feel, possibly the entire game's setting. Keep 88mph top speed as the norm, with only bonus supercars going beyond. Get rid of Burnout as the default acceleration. Unlicensed Vehicles- so that they can be destroyed with explosions. On foot returning, with a version of shift as an unlockable. Weapons, with FPS controls like D3, only more polished. Hubcaps. Car underside pouncing. Offroad areas without invisible walls. All previous driver game cheats return plus a few surprises. All camera angles in D1 Film Director returning. Completely overhauled multiplayer, with virtually no 'boosting'. Finally, ability to play multiplayer offline,and with bots.

Failing that, D1 and 2 as fully emulated games unlockable within Driver 6.

Both are different games but then again, Driver is unique so it cannot be compared to anything. The focus points of driver are original and unique.

But if I had to choose between DSF and TDU 2. I say Driver easily, because in Driver the cars handle very god, all cars feel different, WEIGHT is much more defined and overall, Driver is way more finished.

The only Burnout I owned back in the day was #2. I LOVED that game, and I remember playing a demo of Burnout 3 and not being too impressed. I did finally pick up #3 last year and played it for a while before I got tired, didn't beat it. I would also like to get Revenge. I also wish Paradise had turned out better, it seemed a bit lacking to me, theres barely any traffic, and the absence of crash mode really sucked. Unfortunately Criterion are owned by EA now, and have been doomed to NFS hell. Another one bites the dust.

Man cheat codes are the best thing ever and no one uses them anymore. No wonder I don't play games anymore. Would still like to make my own game, unfortunately I know nothing. One of the features of my game would be right from the beginning you have the option to start a new "story" mode, or play the 100% unlocked version of the game (with all missions still available). To me, unlocking 100 cars is stupid and unimaginitive. Its what developers do to make it seem like the game is bigger than it is while putting in as little effort as possible

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast