Thread: General Advice, Tips, and Strategies For All Players | Forums

General Advice, Tips, and Strategies For All Players

I thought I'd offer some advice to new and experienced players based on what I've learned while playing House MD thus far. I'm only level 14 so my advice may be incorrect and/or inefficient. Please feel free to add your own advice for others!

Tips for gaining Favor Points
    Try to have at least one friend specializing in each of the six specialties. This will allow you to complete an assortment of ward cases, unlocking more diseases in the disease database. If you cannot get or don't have friends for each of the six specialties, it isn't going to hurt your ability to collect Favor Points.
    Send clinic patients to the ward based on the specialties of your friends. This will allow you cure the patient immediately instead of having to wait 6 hours.
    Don't forget your staff doctors (Chase, Foreman, Taub, etc.). They can cure any ward patient immediately. I will usually send clinic patients that don't match any of my friends' specialties and use the staff doctors on them to try and unlock those diseases in the disease database.
    Try to do this first thing each day/every 24 hours. This will allow you to focus on collecting supplies and cash the rest of the day.

I currently have 11 friends and 2 staff doctors unlocked. This nets me 13 Favor Points each day.

Tips on collecting supplies
    It does not cost energy to queue up pill scripts in the pharmacy, only to collect the pills. I try to queue up one of each pill script, selecting the ones that give the most pills. It takes more time, but costs less cash per pill.
    Send a variety of clinic patients to the pharmacy. I will try to send an assortment of patients to the pharmacy to evenly collect the different supplies. That way I am not short on any one supply should I need it to complete a ward patient or part of the critical case.

Tips for collecting cash
    Only tip I can think of is to send clinic patients to the MRI and Blood Testing rooms when you need a large income of cash. I haven't had the need to send patients there too often, but this may change as I get into the higher levels. Also, upgrade your equipment when your cash income allows. I don't know how much of a difference it makes, but again I am not that high a level yet.

Tips for the Critical Cases
    Don't rush through the Critical Cases. They take up the most resources, especially Favor Points. I find that when I rush through them I quickly run out of resources. Take your time with them and you'll find the game a little less frustrating.

Again if anyone has any other tips or advice please feel free to post them! Hope these are of some help to both new and experienced players alike.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Wow Cmihatsch, thanks for all of the awesome tips. I am sure this will help a lot of the players just starting the game!

whats it do?

So I've been reading the forum for some insight on a couple of questions i have. 1) what does the % amount over the clinic patients heads mean? Do you get more money from them if they have a lower %? they all seem to heal as easy as the next and i haven't noticed if they get lower over time if left in there for a long time. 2) Upgrading your testing machines. Does this mean i get more money per match in the MRI or blood game? I did notice the charges go up meaning i can use the machine more often and net more cash but I was hoping that I'd just earn more money per test from upgrading instead of doing more work. had a boss try to tell me that more work was like getting a raise because I'd earn more...i beg to differ.

The % is how healthy they are. When they are sick it shows less than 100%, and you have to use enough pills to bring them up to 100%. The other treatments just work no matter how sick they are.

It's good to see players being so helpful. Thank you!

I currently have 11 friends and 2 staff doctors unlocked

Add more fiends (Feel free to add me Shershervv2@yahoo.com) you will have more people sending you stuff and you can visit them if you get all 10 items you can earn 3 energy 1supply. I have been playing less than 1 week I am on level 22 and have over 30 friends I never run out of energy. Good Luck

One thing I've noticed is the Blood test machine machine gives away way more cash than the MRI even after upgrades. To generate more cash with less energy I don't use MRI on the clinic patients I only use Blood test all the clinic patient that will require a MRI will be sent straight to the pharmacy.

Wink

What about gifts? It seems I can only send out one a day when I come back to the game (reload) but I'm getting multiple gifts from friends. How do I give out more? I don't want the other "docs" to think I'm stingy

Quote Originally Posted by bedrock9 View Post
    What about gifts? It seems I can only send out one a day when I come back to the game (reload) but I'm getting multiple gifts from friends. How do I give out more? I don't want the other "docs" to think I'm stingy
    Yeah I used to wonder about that too. I think you can send a bunch of gifts because in your "messages" tab, almost every time you receive a gift, it asks you to send one back.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnwebUk View Post
    One thing I've noticed is the Blood test machine machine gives away way more cash than the MRI even after upgrades. To generate more cash with less energy I don't use MRI on the clinic patients I only use Blood test all the clinic patient that will require a MRI will be sent straight to the pharmacy.
    I found this too, even after I upgraded the MRI machine.