Thread: 2 new videos from Pax East | Forums

Flashify's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by lil_morta_7 Go to original post
    But just a small notice: possible multiple choosable water textures?! Around 2:35-2:36 of the second video, he jumps in beside the submarine. And the water is murky and yellow, as opposed to the fresh water everywhere else in the map. Also, possible separation of water groups?! All great stuff.
    I just checked that out and yes it does seem that the water is murky in the submarine pen and clear in the ocean, which is obviously due to the submarine pen's water being separated from the ocean's which has led to being turned murky by the rusted submarine.

Looks so good!

Originally Posted by Flashify Go to original post
    I just checked that out and yes it does seem that the water is murky in the submarine pen and clear in the ocean, which is obviously due to the submarine pen's water being separated from the ocean's which has led to being turned murky by the rusted submarine.

Looks so good!
    But I doubt it'll make it in the public editor. In FC2, there, too, was several types of water (You can see some dirty water in the "Last Resort" MP map, and that "normal" water at the lake around the map.), but this feature wasn't there in the public editor... With some world data file modifications I was able to replicate the effect, but it was a pain in the ass to do (It DID save in the .fc2map file, though.).

Originally Posted by LAMBCHOP1972 Go to original post
    Holy Sh1t I never noticed that in the background, that ladder is sweet compared to the ones on FC2 - Seems to attach really fast and movement looked smooth.
    I really hope that we get them in the editor and that they work like that - You are very observant Jamey2001 (well spotted)

Made me feel so much better seeing that ladder working like that - no more wooden robot animation when climbing up or down.
    any other issues ?

any one noticed the fall reaction in the second video ?

Flashify's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Jamey2001 Go to original post
    any one noticed the fall reaction in the second video ?
    Yes!

Originally Posted by Flashify Go to original post
    Yes!
    looked amazing right !?

Flashify's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Jamey2001 Go to original post
    looked amazing right !?
    Yup, I hate how in most FPSs if you jump off of a fairly high platform your player carries on holding their weapon in front of them as if nothing's happening, whereas in real life I doubt anyone could do so without fear kicking and your mind making you to use your arms in an attempt to prevent harm.

I'm loving everything that is adding just that much more to the overall realism of the game.

If anyone's wondering what I'm on about, the falling animation at 2:24 in the second video of the first post.

I also noticed that u can sprint swim "crole" !

so i decided after the first 25 seconds of the first video why i will most likely not be buying this game.

1. yet again, you have to choose weapon sets to start out with/in-ability to free roam and pick up any items laying around including health packs. i dont care if you can pick up other peoples guns....there should be other items placed in map to begin with, just like FCIP. i hate the COD style!

2. regenerating health....not for me.

3. all these special kill points, which makes it about the individual player, not the team as a whole. why cant they demo a match like steal the sample or capture the diamond instead of a deathmatch? a true multiplayer tasking game mode like steal the sample that requires teamwork.

4. wheres the pistols? wheres the dual wielding pistols where you can shoot and run at the same time? im not talking about auto pistols like COD im talking about two 9's or two deagles where you can run and blaze.

welp, back to FCIP, a game that has virtually no support, and will only get worse. i really wish ubisoft would clean up that game and re-release it.........but that'll never happen with ubisofts support virtually non-existant. and their lack of caring. everytime i call ubisoft i get the most piss-poor attitudes from the phone operators. i might give up ubisoft all together

TheRealDrewdelz's Avatar Senior Member
    1. At least this time you can fully customize your loadouts, and there will be placable weapons in user-made maps just like FC:IP though it's not confirmed yet if they'll respawn after picked up yet.

2. You heal yourself just like FC2, no auto regen except for minor wounds (just like FC2)

3. They're specifically made to benefit the team, actually. And they reward you for playing as a TEAM MEMBER not an INDIVIDUAL.

4. There's plenty of pistols, and no one said there wasn't dual weilding just because you didn't see it in the first 25 seconds of one video.