Thread: Photo Formats | Forums

Photo Formats

OK I have a question that is driving me bonkers, What format does the Screen Shot save in? it says Bitmap, but photoviewer wont open and quicktime distorts it and turns it black and white....please help I have great shots of blowing the fronts off of tankers that I want to share.
    "On my ship, we never have problems, only solutions" - Ret ADM Eugene Fluckey, USN
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Try opening them in paint and then saving them as a jpg.

Quote Originally Posted by pnwdom View Post
    Try opening them in paint and then saving them as a jpg.
    after you resize them to 1024x768

There BMP

You could try right clicking the file and select Open with and see what choices they give you and try one of them.

"When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the *** with a banjo" by Chief Officer Steward Dogan - USS Gurnard.
    -------------
    SHIV Guide - TMOwTw 2.5 - Shipping Route Maps US & Jap - TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5 - SH4 Manual

Quote Originally Posted by STS1Thndrb-low View Post
    OK I have a question that is driving me bonkers, What format does the Screen Shot save in? it says Bitmap, but photoviewer wont open and quicktime distorts it and turns it black and white....please help I have great shots of blowing the fronts off of tankers that I want to share.
    Ahh, OK, sounds like you might be having the same problem I once had. The SH4 SS are saved as a bitmap images (or .bmp). I'm guessing that, if you can even get them to open, they appear skewed and/or distorted. Sort of like a bad TV picture with horizontal lines and all. If this is the case, it may be due to your resolution (game settings .vs PC settings) setting. What I mean is, your in-game resolution setting is not the same as your PC resolution setting. They both have to be set at the same resolution numbers, like 1600 X 900 or 1024 X 768, etc. Try synchronizing them at the same resolution and see if that helps.

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
    -Ecclesiastes 3:11 (NIV84)

Same symptoms, but I opened up the game and says the resolution is the same as my desktop...wierd
    "On my ship, we never have problems, only solutions" - Ret ADM Eugene Fluckey, USN

Same symptoms, but I opened up the game and says the resolution is the same as my desktop...wierd
    Yeah, mine pulled the same crap with me, even though both settings were the same. I don't recall how I got it all straightened out, but I kept fiddling with the settings and eventually, it all fell into place. I'm guessing you have an NVIDIA graphics card. I think you may have to lower the resolution a bit, and I'm sure that the problem is the same one I had. I know that you have to save, close and restart SH4 every time you change the resolution settings, otherwise you won't see the difference. In other words, once you change the graphic settings, it does no good to continue the game and test the SS. You have to close and restart the game, and then you can test the SS.

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

So these SS I took are garbage, right?

So these SS I took are garbage, right?
    The best way to tell is to open the folder and set the view to "Thumbnails". If they show a small preview of the pic, they're OK. If they only show a large icon, they're garbage, kaput, washed-out, sheep-dip, cannon fodder.

Drat, I got a great SS of a large tanker with secondary explosions blowing the bow off....that womps...lol