Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's Been A Busy Week: | Forums

My son is still young. He's 13. I have noticed a definite, positive change in him shortly after my retirement and I was home on a regular basis. Don't worry about being worthy of their love, in their eyes, you are, otherwise they would not be with you now.
    Almost brings a tear to the eye because its so true, if you weren't worthy of their love(a ridiculous idea, my friend) they would have left and never come back...

To the departmental idiot, we all have them, we have a phrase in the subforce "You are an E-6 not a First Class" That combined with 'Get qualified Nub' gets most of our idiots to just shut up and fade to the background of not making decisions and just doing what they are told.
    "On my ship, we never have problems, only solutions" - Ret ADM Eugene Fluckey, USN
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Wow - we are an old group. I think my retirement, unless adverse events intervene, should be around 2019. If I'm still ambulatory at that point, I've been seriously thinking about teaching HS Social Studies or something similar at a community college. I'd rather teach HS though. So much damage is done to young minds in HS I figure some sort of antidote is needed. I think I can supply that.
    The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason. -- Thomas Paine

Yea I think I am going to start on my Psychology degree for these last nine years I am in the service and see about getting out and starting a Psychology practice focusing on PTSD and Service members in general, be it military or civil.
    "On my ship, we never have problems, only solutions" - Ret ADM Eugene Fluckey, USN

Congrats on your upcoming retirement, Werhner. You sure deserve it after serving the community for such along time. There is a friend of mine who was a County sheriff and he worked at the County Jail here in DuPage County. I've heard many stories from him about the kind of people he had to deal with. Believe you me, just as you are he was ready to retire also. He said the stress was unbelievable some times.

"Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" LtCDR Samuel D Dealey
    SHIV Guide I Imperial Japanese Navy l US Submarines: Pacific Theater

Quote Originally Posted by tambor198 View Post
    Congrats on your upcoming retirement, Werhner. You sure deserve it after serving the community for such along time. There is a friend of mine who was a County sheriff and he worked at the County Jail here in DuPage County. I've heard many stories from him about the kind of people he had to deal with. Believe you me, just as you are he was ready to retire also. He said the stress was unbelievable some times.
    Thanks Tambor.
    My wife and I both have relatives who are Corrections Officers. Hers at a local County Jail and mine at a State Penitentiary (Death Row) in Florida. I've had conversation with them and other Corrections Officers and had quickly realized that we have a deep admiration & respect for each others jobs. A typical conversation with a Corrections Officer would usually start with him/her admiring and recognizing the danger that Cops face, "never knowing who we are dealing with". The usual response from the Cops perspective is that, "Corrections Officers do know who they are dealing with and they are all known criminals." So, you see, we both have a deep understanding and appreciation for each others jobs and the adjacent rungs we occupy on the ladder of our Justice System.
    Last edited by WernherVonTrapp; 04-22-2012 at 05:50 AM.
    He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
    -Ecclesiastes 3:11 (NIV84)

Quote Originally Posted by WernherVonTrapp View Post
    Thanks Tambor.
    My wife and I both have relatives who are Corrections Officers. Hers at a local County Jail and mine at a State Penitentiary (Death Row) in Florida. I've had conversation with them and other Corrections Officers and had quickly realized that we have a deep admiration & respect for each others jobs. A typical conversation with a Corrections Officer would usually start with him/her admiring and recognizing the danger that Cops face, "never knowing who we are dealing with". The usual response from the Cops perspective is that, "Corrections Officers do know who they are dealing with and they are all known criminals." So, you see, we both have a deep understanding and appreciation for each others jobs and the adjacent rungs we occupy on the ladder of our Justice System.
    Speaking as a firefighter, we too have a deep understanding and appreciation of both jobs. One group I have recently gained a great respect for is mall security guards. The ones I have had to deal with were very sharp about legal issues, the mall's alarm system, emergency plans, etc.
    The're in their bars, drinking, celebrating our sinking! Not yet my friends, not yet!

​Enjoy your retirement Wern, I am sure you earned it.....

ENTER and VOTE in the SCREEN SHOT COMPETITION

Mall Cops

Quote Originally Posted by fireftr18 View Post
    Speaking as a firefighter, we too have a deep understanding and appreciation of both jobs. One group I have recently gained a great respect for is mall security guards. The ones I have had to deal with were very sharp about legal issues, the mall's alarm system, emergency plans, etc.
    From watching that show about the mall cops at Mall of America, I definitely have to agree there.

Well Wernher, I'm sure it is a very well deserved retirement. Hope you enjoy it after all the years of your service. Society desperately needs fine folks like yourself, hats off to you for putting in all the time you have contributed to bettering society. *Needs a hats-off smiley*

Linky: My Gaming Rig
    XFire Profile: cgkstealth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12