I feel like the game doesn't necessarily need this but would benefit greatly from it. Im also not expecting this to be implemented even by the time this game goes live. Just something for you guys to ponder over. At the moment the Assault seems like its trying to be 2 classes at once. One half of the assault is trying to be the offensive frontline soldier but also a weird medic. The key features of the medic would be the following:
- Basic Character Stats
- 100 Base HP
- Uses Personal Defense Weapons or Sub-Machine Guns
- Has medium armor similar to Specialist
- Personal Abilities
- Resuscitation - This ability would allow the Medic to charge up and deploy a AoE revive ability similar to Blackout's deployment method and would bring back affected teammates with 40 HP. Revived teammates would also have a 1 second timer to stand back up similar to when one gets knocked down by a blitz. This ability would have similar cooldown duration as AEGIS or Blackout, but slightly longer. Also would not bring back those who have already spawned. DUH
- Shorter cooldown
- Increased Radius
- Increased Revive Health
- Nano-Cloud - This ability would be a cloud of nanobots that surround the Medic and those affected would get a buff in health regen by 3. This would not be combat regen of the Assault but the regular regen rate that all classes have. This would be the defense oriented ability and would be ideal for those recuperating after a push or dealing with an enemy attack. Friendlies who pass through the Nano-Cloud would also gain the ability's benefits for 2 seconds before the nano-bots wear off and they return to their standard regen rate. This would prevent the need for everybody huddling around 1 medic.
- Shorter Cooldown
- Increased Radius/Increased Duration on Allies by 1 second
- Increased Regen Bonus by 1.5
- Team Abilities
- Combat Regen - The assault's team ability essentially.
- Toughness Boost - Will boost all nearby teammates toughness value by 1 at Mk 1.
The current idea of the Medic is that it is a class that isn't combat focused but more of a support role. It would be the class that teams would want to keep alive and the enemy will prioritize to kill. The idea of the PDW weapon set would be to offer the Medic a more powerful alternative to the SMGs but at the cost of Handling and RoF. The PDWs would be somewhere between SMGs and ARs for damage, RoF for most of them somewhere around the 600-750 area, and accuracy ratings somewhere between AR and LMG in terms of shot grouping. These weapons would ideally be for flank security since the Medic would be too squishy to be frontline class. The Medic's armor choices would be somewhere between Recon and Specialist but more toward to Specialist stats. Their strength lies in their ability to keep others alive. This isn't a class for those aiming for high kdrs but more for those that want to make sure they cap the next point. The Medic would pwn vicariously through the performance of the other classes. The replacement ability for the Assault losing the Combat Regen would be an ability called Leadership where all nearby allies are boosted by 1-2% on their critical chance.