Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 116

Thread: london media day q&a by monkie | Forums

  1. #71
    I love the Mill.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  2. #72
    Senior Member JaRuTo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,068
    I'm not complaing, just sayin
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  3. #73
    Senior Member Hortey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,330
    The map size thing is really most of my disappointment with the game, it could play so much better with less cooridooring, less cover everywhere, well... without the cover system.

    The thing I see screwing up mp, is the cover system. Cover to cover is too fast, it's too easy to see around corners and flip over to kill people, and there's cover everywhere. If you literally did NOTHING to future soldier, and played it on a map from graw 2, you would probably see a HUGE difference in gameplay.

    If you want to be respected, fight fair. If you want to win, do what is necessary.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. #74
    Member MonkieMurdie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Glaswegian currently living in Switzerland
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Hortey View Post
    The map size thing is really most of my disappointment with the game, it could play so much better with less cooridooring, less cover everywhere, well... without the cover system.

    The thing I see screwing up mp, is the cover system. Cover to cover is too fast, it's too easy to see around corners and flip over to kill people, and there's cover everywhere. If you literally did NOTHING to future soldier, and played it on a map from graw 2, you would probably see a HUGE difference in gameplay.
    Hi hortey sry I haven't been on as much as I should have. Love to speak to you in person but that will have to wait till I get back.

    But just for you I will try answer this with what I know. It just shows that I need to get more of the London stuff up here.

    it was made clear that the engine cannot sustain a scale of graw2 due to technical limitations of the new system with current console tech. (a comment which came up a couple of times). I also got the impression that the play testing is still fluid wrt to mp hence the decision to make it 6v6 only recently (another answer I also need to post up for the community). There was a number of times when the dev comments where to another dev "I think it's part of the current build isn't it?". I think it may be a contributing factor on why we got the beta so late I definitely picked up on the vibe that the team are collecting data like mad in order to finalize the build and not everything has been set in stone yet. But the cover system is definitely still in as it forms a very big part in theirs new ghost recon feel.

    Hence why they have feedback on the beta as a separate thread. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the map playlist to help with the data collection. BUT don't hold me to that it's just my opinion.
    Last edited by MonkieMurdie; 04-22-2012 at 01:12 AM.
    "This game is totally the right type of wrong for me though! LOL" said about OPF:RR.

    Don't dum down tactical shooters for a slice of COD pie! YUMM! COD PIE!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  5. #75
    Senior Member Hortey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkieMurdie View Post
    Hi hortey sry I haven't been on as much as I should have. Love to speak to you in person but that will have to wait till I get back.

    But just for you I will try answer this with what I know. It just shows that I need to get more of the London stuff up here.

    it was made clear that the engine cannot sustain a scale of graw2 due to technical limitations of the new system with current console tech. (a comment which came up a couple of times). I also got the impression that the play testing is still fluid wrt to mp hence the decision to make it 6v6 only recently (another answer I also need to post up for the community). There was a number of times when the dev comments where to another dev "I think it's part of the current build isn't it?". I think it may be a contributing factor on why we got the beta so late I definitely picked up on the vibe that the team are collecting data like mad in order to finalize the build and not everything has been set in stone yet. But the cover system is definitely still in as it forms a very big part in theirs new ghost recon feel.

    Hence why they have feedback on the beta as a separate thread. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the map playlist to help with the data collection. BUT don't hold me to that it's just my opinion.
    yea my biggest issue with it is, how can you move around when the other team is possibly behind 30 different corners in your sightline able to shoot you at the moment you jump out of cover? You throw smoke, they throw a sensor into the smoke. This game is a game of defense, where the campers get the upper hand in a huge way. And I don't mean guys that sit in buildings, the game is a whole hidefest the entire time where everyone is looking from behind cover. You can scan an entire area, see nothing, move from cover and 5 people will pop up from every angle to smite you in a milisecond.

    I'm worried how one life modes will play with the current cover system and frag nades

    If you want to be respected, fight fair. If you want to win, do what is necessary.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #76
    Member MonkieMurdie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Glaswegian currently living in Switzerland
    Posts
    117
    Here is a rough transcript of the question on why 6v6 and scale compared to answered by lead level designer Evan.

    "So I terms of the scale of the map. With what you mentioned about pacing, about it being run and gun and fast paced, that's one of the reasons why we went 6v6. Because basically when we where playing 8v8 there was too much chaos, it was too difficult to communicate with teammates and we where starting to lose some of the intimacy we wanted to get out of the game and a lot that slow paced tactical experience. So we decided to go to 6v6 and that has really helped with the pace of the game and helped communication with teammates.

    So as far as the scale of the maps are concerned, of the two that are in the beta, one is pipeline, that's our smallest map, and mill is our largest map, compared to the other graw maps, mill is only really 250m, so it's really not that big compared to maps in previous titles."

    @ hortey is there a skill to shooting the guns like in opf, when comparing the title to bf and cod? cause that was my initial impression at the London event
    Last edited by MonkieMurdie; 04-22-2012 at 01:44 AM.
    "This game is totally the right type of wrong for me though! LOL" said about OPF:RR.

    Don't dum down tactical shooters for a slice of COD pie! YUMM! COD PIE!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. #77
    Senior Member Hortey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,330
    TL DR version of the below post:
    1. ADS firing from cover is too fast, you are dead before your ping shows the enemy.
    2. Guns take very little skill. A veteran player can't control shoulder fired accuracy any more than a pray and sprayer. While a new player can drill headshots into people using ADS extremely reliably.

    Fixes:
    Push the 3rd person camera inward when in cover. If your character can't see over his cover, make sure the camera can't see much either. Give it the current field of view when the player uses the "peak", this will let people moving around the map at LEAST see the person waiting for them completely concealed behind cover before they die.

    WATCH THIS VIDEO FROM 4:28 ONWARD
    http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/11/04...target-trailer
    You should not be able to line up shots without peakng your head out to see where you are aiming. Let cover be an options, but so can be staging back from cover and moving slowly outward with your gun raised. Being in cover vs being out of cover in this game is night and day. Make it so you can't see much over a wall that you aren't looking over.


    Quote Originally Posted by MonkieMurdie View Post
    @ hortey is there a skill to shooting the guns like in opf, when comparing the title to bf and cod? cause that was my initial impression at the London event
    There is and there isn't. The shoulder fire has been HEAVILY nerfed since GRAW 2. In graw I could tag someone 40 to 50m away without having to go into first person view on the 1st to 3rd shot reliably. Inside of future soldier, I saw the reappearance of cone of fire accuracy we all hated from red river... the first bullet has the same accuracy as the 5th or the 10th, on semi auto, aimed in without ads, my round can miss my target by up to 4 feet at 50m. Semi auto, crouched, and the bullet simply deviates.

    I honestly expected more similarity to graw where shoulder or down sights firing was more of personal preference or weapon type, instead of being forced to ADS when targets are ****her than the next room from you.

    prone shoulder fire is still more inaccurate than standing and strafing ADS. Shoulder fire seems to just be hipfire with a zoom.


    To compound this issue, you can click the right stick from cover with the reticule over your enemies head and fire, killing them in less than a third of a second without even so much as peeking out first. It's unavoidable because even when I'm sitting there, ads'd at someone behind cover, with intel on them, I can't react faster than they can pop up and fire. I think that the pop up fire is too fast, make it so that you can only ADS after you've held L trigger and are completely out of cover because how quickly you can go from crouched and against a wall, to standing, spinning, aiming and firing is INHUMAN. When someone stack up on a wall next to me while I'm moving, even if i stop, ads on the corner, and start walking back to cover, they jet out and headshot me before it even shows them moving on my screen.

    To see what I'm talking about, when you start playing, buy the tac scope for the rifleman AR then the next game just go around sitting on cover until you see someone, put the reticule just over their head, click the right stick and fire.... they're dead before they even see you pop up.

    If they made it so that people popping out of cover had less accuracy than the person who is sitting there, holding the gun ready at where they are coming out, instead of more accuracy (you know, like they SAID was supposed to be true?)... then the game would be much better, you would see people as they lined up shots instead of them using their 3rd eye to aim at you then snap shooting you in the head before they even so much as know that they're there. What makes it worse, is the constant intel and long sight lines (the flank routes are ALL narrow bridges with little to no cover) so that even if you wanted to flank them, you can't.

    This game needs better shoulder fire accuracy, and more time from secured in cover to ADS headshotting or it's just going to be a campers game... and I defend a LOT in games like bf, and go very slow in DR, and this is what I'd consider camping. You are punished for moving when you don't know where the enemy is. But as for your original question monkie? No, it does not have anywhere near the skill required for EITHER dr or bf3 to shoot. Shoulder fire (holding L trigger) is cone of fire RNG that cannot be controlled, it's mostly luck outside of 8 feet. ADS is too fast from cover, way beyond what i'd consider broken, and insanely accurate in comparison. The assault rifles have zero recoil when prone ADS'd (you can hold the trigger down and the rifle will not jump, every bullet hits someone in the head repeatedly at 100m) and almost no recoil when standing and strafing while ads'd. Aim your rifle on the lower left side of your target, and hold down the ****on, it will put 4 bullets in them at 80m before jumping off target.


    There is TOO much of a divide, and ads from cover is too fast to be that accurate. I wouldn't even be that mad if they had taken shoulder fire out of the game entirely and put Ltrigger as ADS and made it more of a hybrid first/third person shooter like rainbow 6. But as it stands, holding Ltrigger is only slightly above hipfire in accuracy while ADS is so pinpoint accurate that it's troubling.
    Last edited by Hortey; 04-22-2012 at 02:58 AM.

    If you want to be respected, fight fair. If you want to win, do what is necessary.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  8. #78
    Member l NiS l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    110% anti 020
    Posts
    147
    If the game is out, is thare a multiplayer mode or a option whare you can play without drones and grenades, or whare you can do the drones and grenades of like in GRAW GRAW2?
    That option must be there!








    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  9. #79
    Senior Member Hortey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by nis_one View Post
    If the game is out, is thare a multiplayer mode or a option whare you can play without drones and grenades, or whare you can do the drones and grenades of like in GRAW GRAW2?
    That option must be there!
    there are currently no options for private rooms, they are just unranked versions of the primary game where you can stack teams unevenly if you choose.

    If you want to be respected, fight fair. If you want to win, do what is necessary.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  10. #80
    Member l NiS l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    110% anti 020
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Hortey View Post
    there are currently no options for private rooms, they are just unranked versions of the primary game where you can stack teams unevenly if you choose.
    Thanks.. . but thats bad.. . Than i hope that Ubisoft comes with GRAW3 next year =p








    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •