Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 10 Challenge: Run Back To Your Side (Single Note) | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Quote Originally Posted by Stringfiend View Post
    I think bend bonuses made the difference for some of the crazy high scores. I'm glad you are enjoying the weekly song challenge. The original goal of the challenge was to help players want to keep playing. It's awesome to hear that it is working!
    Ya know, I was wondering about the bend bonuses. I noticed most of the time I would get a "great" or "insane" bend bonus, but then some times I would get nothing (even though I felt like I bent the string exactly the same each time). Theoretically, shouldn't a bend bonus be available on every single bend or is it only certain ones? I also wonder about the sustain bonus too, because again.. sometimes I'd get great or insane and other times nada.

Thanks again for putting this together... definitely a blast and I'm looking forward to getting started on this week's challenge!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

They're available on all bends. Bonuses aren't always indicated by text on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudfuel View Post
    Ya know, I was wondering about the bend bonuses. I noticed most of the time I would get a "great" or "insane" bend bonus, but then some times I would get nothing (even though I felt like I bent the string exactly the same each time
    I kept getting "OK Bend" OK? Really? Thanks a lot.

Everyone - I would like to close out my duties as "host" of this thread by saying Thank You to everyone that participated in last week's challenge. It was great to see so many MM and NMM scores submitted as well as the other categories being represented strongly. It was also nice to see some new names added to the list of participants.

The winner of the Advanced category (Jakco) has already chosen the next challenge song (We Share the Same Skies - Can't wait to give this one an initial play through!) and I have sent a PM to Black_Widow9 to update the Weekly Challenge post.

Again, thank you all for participating, coaching, cheering and encouraging everyone in the Weekly Song Challenge.
    Love One Woman - Many Guitars!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Penguin222 View Post
    Not sure if this happens to you, but as for bends, I got many insane bends while I was playing, but the replay always shows only Ok Bend. But I guess it counted for a bigger bonus, because I imporved my bends a lot during practice, and the score went higher accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by mbarsott View Post
    Not sure if this happens to you, but as for bends, I got many insane bends while I was playing, but the replay always shows only Ok Bend. .
    Yeah I really don't trust the replay much, I've seen a lot of anomalies with it. Did a replay the other day, and it was way out of sync. The video was about 4 bars behind the audio (or maybe it was the other way around, I forget) I'll have to try shooting some video and using it as a replay.

Quote Originally Posted by majorerickson View Post
    Again, thank you all for participating, coaching, cheering and encouraging everyone in the Weekly Song Challenge.
    Thank YOU! It as a great song choice, and a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Penguin222 View Post
    I found that bending up to the note very quickly...like almost "pre-bending" was the most consistent way to get the insane bend bonuses. Anyone else notice this?

139,657| 99% | 305 ns

Funny this is the first time I had posted in a weekly challenge thread (link to my post) I believe with my score only being 112.2k and was pretty satisfied, oh wow have I improved. I really believe I can get a 100% which is crazy for me to imagine now.

2012 Score: 112,295 After 19 Plays

2013 Score 139,657, 99%, 305 NS. After 3 plays

Goal: 100% Accuracy

very nice work

Atm I have a 97% with 218 NS and I’m not sure I will try it more after all, this song is so repetitive I just can’t be arsed grinding it (I love the song don’t get me wrong)

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast