Thread: Guide for Mission Editor | Forums

Guide for Mission Editor

Hi guys, i just got this from D2D/GameFly and didnt want to play the American Sub Campaign, so i saw this Mission Editor and wondering if there any guide how to use it?

Also noticed there are mods for this game and wondering if possible to play the Japanese Side or Campaign?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by redindus View Post
    Hi guys, i just got this from D2D/GameFly and didnt want to play the American Sub Campaign, so i saw this Mission Editor and wondering if there any guide how to use it?

Also noticed there are mods for this game and wondering if possible to play the Japanese Side or Campaign?

First, Welcome to the SH Forums. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

You can find a link to the SHIV ME here.

As for a Japanese Campaign, there are mods in the works for one, but as of yet it has not been released. You can find info on the Japanese Campaign here.

"Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" LtCDR Samuel D Dealey
    SHIV Guide I Imperial Japanese Navy l US Submarines: Pacific Theater

Quote Originally Posted by tambor198 View Post
    First, Welcome to the SH Forums. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

You can find a link to the SHIV ME here.

As for a Japanese Campaign, there are mods in the works for one, but as of yet it has not been released. You can find info on the Japanese Campaign here.
    Thank you and looking forward to Japanese Campaign

You're welcome, redindus.

Im not sure if i did this right, after i setup the scenario and the folder under singlemission, the .mis file is not there or cannot be seen. When i load up the editor it show up, i was trying to setup two destroyer groups (USN and IJN) by Savo Island in the Solomons during the mid day of May 1942. Also have a gato class sub nearby and wanted to watch the actions between two forces once they made contact each others and yes the way points is set.

Any ideas why the mission didnt launch or cant been seen from Window Explorer?

Quote Originally Posted by redindus View Post
    Im not sure if i did this right, after i setup the scenario and the folder under singlemission, the .mis file is not there or cannot be seen. When i load up the editor it show up, i was trying to setup two destroyer groups (USN and IJN) by Savo Island in the Solomons during the mid day of May 1942. Also have a gato class sub nearby and wanted to watch the actions between two forces once they made contact each others and yes the way points is set.

Any ideas why the mission didnt launch or cant been seen from Window Explorer?

Normally that is an indication the the file name and the folder name are not exactly the same.

Ah that worked, it was kinda hard for me to read the guide in 1920x1080 big screen (hd) tv. The interesting part is i have two groups heading to North Savo Island in the Solomon Islands. The American Destroyer Group contain three Fletcher Class while Japanese Group having ***a and three Fubuki Class. I had the Gato class sub just South-West of Savo Is and heading North, took me hour and half to see American Forces then they sped back into Iron Bottom Sounds, the moment i spotted the ***a Class Light Cruiser as its the lead ship or flagship of Destroyer Squadron, i manage to get close enough and launched six torpedoes. Noticed one torpedo exploded while in water, guess that one was dud. Anyway four torps missing off the bow, but one score and she was listing slowing toward the bow.

The interesting parts is when ***a was sinking and other three Fubukis was looking for me, the American Destroyer Group manage to turn around and open fire! The odd would be harder if Japanese still had that ***a in that group. So i creep away slowly while using the navigation map and camera to avoid being spotted, it was interesting combat patrol here.

I havent played any sub simulation in ten years, believe it was from Microprose (cant remember the game) and didnt take any tutorial lesson on how to operate the sub while playing. I didnt think i would succeed playing this at the first time, esp setting up my very first mission on the editor.

This sub simulation is awsome and almost like the real thing!

Btw why is ***a up there? That was funny.
    Last edited by redindus; 04-19-2012 at 12:55 PM.

The language filter for these forums is not very literal minded, if you know what I mean.