As there is not official section for the upcoming splinter cell game and i am a pc player i think the is the best place for this post it.
It has already been announced that splinter cell 6 is in development. and it is exploring one of the root themes behind the franchise.
now there are a few thing i would like to see in the new game.
now a few things i would like to see through out the game.
1. keep a similar menu style to conviction. i really liked that menu.
2. keep the mark and execute feature that was the best addition to the game. but i would say make it faster to do a hand to hand take down or human shield then been able to fire i'll try and explain this more clearly: if you grab somebody and use them as a human shield and you have 4 others marked for execution it took to long to get the gun out, where he should have had the gun out to start with and be able to perform the executes even before he has finished the grab that goes the same with the take down.
3. be able to take two people out at once when surprise attacking. eg drop from above and knock two guards out that are talking to each other or even f the are close enough together.
4. have better AI, i conviction if had hire those people i would be shooting them my self. their had no reaction to finding a pile of dead bodies and then runn thought the door way there all around now i would be a little suspicious if i saw a pile of dead bodies i would think something like i might find another way around or just find cover and shoot the next thing that moves.
5. I would love to see deniable ops return, with some changes.
1. have more modes,
2. have better ai,
3. make the mark and execute better for coop, eg i mark and my buddy execute.
4. have more coop moves rather than been at set places. eg the lift to ledge then climb up.
5. a map editor. for user made content. i love playing games that have use made content especially levels, unreal tournament series found some great map developers. that way. not sure how difficult it is for ubi to develop a map editor, or what ever they need to do but if they are using unreal engine 3, the development tools are free for none commercial use, or at least they were.
6. better challenges, now conviction had some good challenges like complete level with out been detected. but some were more annoying like taking out 3 guard with one grenade is fine once or twice but more than 5 times is just annoying cos it alerts all the guards,
7. more gadgets, splinter cell has always had gadgets and some have been great others not so great, now the sticky cam with sleeping gas as great silent and effective but not always what you want where if it explode is great you can set traps etc and even take out enemies at the same time as distracting other guard allowing yo perform a hand to hand take down.
thanks for reading feel free to post you comment and wish list as well
i sort of skipped the stealth areas, because i was unsure on it. conviction allowed Sam to move faster and better than previous games, but in my opinion the game could still be played stealthy which included setting up traps or leaving a body out in the open to attract an enemy allowing you to take him down. but been able to drag dead bodies would be useful also in previous game as soon as you where discovered it was game over. where now you actually have a chance to take the enemy out before he gets chance to tell his friends.
now one thing that did annoy me was that there was not choice weather to kill some one you grabbed or just knock them out. also the ability to save at any point would be good saves you having to redo the 9 other enemies you already took down.
getting back to the point about stealth maybe having an option would be useful as this would keep the hardcore stealth happy and also allow the less patient players enjoy the game.
basically having the old school option would give it greater appeal to a wider audience.
If there is any more Splinter Cell games developers should consider the following, especially for PC.
Mouse & Keyboard options:
-disable/enable mouse smoothing and acceleration
-toggle on/off for zoom, sprint and cover
Movement & Gameplay:
-when you are running and you press zoom, you should automaticly start walking and zoom in and resume running after zooming out.
-animations for dry and loaded reload
-dragging and carrying bodies
More visual options:
-FXAA, SMAA, etc
-if it has 3D then options for that
Upgrades & Weapons:
-ability to remove upgrades for weapons (scopes for example) or even customizing weapons on the fly
-add some sniper rifles
Meny of these could be easily patched for conviction but I dont think it will happen.
The game should have the ability to automatically port forward as-well-as create firewall inbound/outbound rules for the "Required Ports to play Splinter Cell"... leaving this to the end-user is a huge blunder.
The game should have Live Online Chat Technical Support... it could be incorporated into a Lobby or Chat Room (#3)... I realize this is asking a lot; but just think how many Splinter Cell Conviction end-users you could have saved from all the headaches/frustration/anger and resentment toward Ubisoft/Uplay/Steam.
The game should be much more cohesive... if it had a Lobby or Chat Room where Splinter Cell players could meet/chat and set-up game matches, this would be awesome... the www.SplinterCell.com/match is a crying disgrace.
The game should have the ability to invite (on-the-fly) a player as a friend... or at the very least some kind of "You Played Last With In-Game-Name"... trying to remember or write it down is such a drag.
The game should be able to be played online as-well-as offline without a huge hassle... eg. loosing all Extras/P.E.C. Challenges etc.
I would like to see more Maps... or maybe the ability to modify/edit/create Maps... I really love the New Orleans Map... extraordinary.
I would like to see Multiplayer with the ability of more than two players... up to four would be really cool, with the ability to group vote/boot a noob off the game.
I would like to see the game with an Extremely Difficult Mode... Realistic is good, but it's very easy... more enemies/challenges would be great.
I would like to see the game have the ability to toggle on/off all weapons and Mark&Execute... I prefer hand to hand (h2h) stealthy close combat.
I would like to see the game have the ability to modify weapons (either on-the-fly or at the weapons stash) without permanently upgrading them.
Last edited by Green.Hornet; 04-21-2012 at 05:33 PM.
I guess my suggestions would be;
1 - To have a bit more of an open environment. Linear levels get old after a while.
2 - I'd also like to see more interaction with the environment, such as picking up bodies, objects, etc.
3 - And although I do adore the stealth from Chaos Theory, I do enjoy the fast pace of Conviction. So I guess striking a balance between that, would be fantastic.
4 - As everyone has said - removing upgrades to weapons.
Mark and execute (maybe less marks, not really fussed though)
Separate Co op story
The shadow mechanic (or at least tone it down, I don't want to play half a game in black and white
Gunsmith? I heard that they may be bringing it to other Clancy games, the weapon customisation was rubbish in conviction
Bring back from old games:
Shoulder switch (actually moving the gun to the left hand, not just moving the camera, and being able to do it out of cover)
Non lethal takedowns
Standing up in cover
The stealth cover abduction that was in double agent, or a similar thing to what you see in James Bond: Bloodstone, I thought the takedowns in Bloodstone were much better
The third echelon suit, or something similar seeing as he doesn't work their anymore
Single player needs to be much, much longer
I think it would be good to have some more sensors, cameras etc.
Level design, less linear
here are my suggestions. i hope Ubisoft takes them seriously and put them into the game.
1) Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory NVGs.
2) move bodies
3) remove the zone idea. unless u allow AI to travel to and from zones freely.
4) better hand to hand combat animations. bring back the knife. it's ridiculous that the AI in Conviction are so fragile and can be knocked out so easily.
5) bring back non lethal hand to hand
6) bring back the whistle/attract attention by throwing something function
7) no indestructible lights! no indestructible ANYTHING!
8) switch shoulder - SC is a 3rd person view game not having this function will handicap the user when he goes around the right corner!
9) ability to play in first person view.
10) bring back the independent "jump" key and not the lame "press this to jump" onto something.
11) allow the user to directly change his load out - how many magazines of ammo for the rifle/pistol, how many gadgets/grenades/mines/etc
12) allow the user to high ready the weapon (weapon zoom) even when there's a scope attached to the weapon! Conviction is a joke when it comes to this. after attaching a scope, the SC cant high ready the weapon and there's that crappy delay whenever the player wants to shoot something coz the SC has to first raise his arms and then fire. use a different key to use the scope! 13) support for SKINNING, MODS & MAP EDITORS! since the people at Ubisoft cant be bothered to make new maps all the time, LET THE PLAYERS DO IT!
14) text chat
15) more MODES. Splinter Cells are supposed to be used for highly sensitive covert ops. not just for killing everyone.
there should be the following modes:
- Hunter (kill all enemies on the map, as per SCC but with a whole lot more AI on the map)
- Assassination (kill target(s) and go to extraction point)
- Head Hunting (kill officers and go to extraction point)
- Espionage (steal info/items by searching drawers and/or hacking computers and/or the classical eavesdropping and recording conversations... and then go to extraction point)
- Kidnap (kidnap somebody to extraction point - allow the player to beat the target unconscious first and carry him around)
- VIP Rescue (rescue the VIP and go to extraction point)
- Destruction (destroy a particular target by blowing it up, marking it with the laser designator for airstrike, or IR beacon for airstrike, and go to extraction point)
- Sabotage (plant evidence/trojan/sabotage vehicle and go to extraction point)
- Dead Drop (go to a location to retrieve a dead drop left by an informant or leave something at the dead drop point, and go to extraction point)
there should also be substantially MORE AI. there shouldnt be reinforcements that magically pop out of the spawn doors. there should be more than 100 AI for highly sensitive areas (like military bases). allow the number to be changed to a max of 225 (1 company of soldiers). at the start, some AI should be resting, chatting, watching tv and some are actively patrolling. if a body is found, an alarm triggered, CCTV destroyed, CCTV detected player, ALL AI should be on the alert and start patrolling. nearby AI should reinforce and search the area where the player was detected or alarm was sounded. they should lose their alertness after 10 - 30 minutes and go back to their routine. however, keep at least 1 platoon of soldiers (55 soldiers) on active patrol in buddy/fire-team level at all times.
16) bring back lock picking and hacking
17) steal access card from downed enemy, pick up compatible ammo, no disappearing bodies and no disappearing weapons
18) weather (how can Ubisoft forget?!) and timing of operation
there should be the following types of weather (random or user defined):
- hail storm
Ubisoft should also put in a relatively simple function called "timing of operation" that sets the time (and therefore the amount of sunlight) during the operation.
- user defined (from 0000hrs to 2359hrs)
- dynamic (uses the time on the user's machine, or the host's machine)
also, the time has to keep running. for example, if the player starts an op at 0600hrs, he better do it fast before the sun rises.
20) weapon modification - the current weapon mods is a bad joke. buy the upgrades but cant remove? and why cant some weapons get the red dot? it's ridiculous.
21) better AI. it's ridiculous now. and stop making them say "clip" when it is a "magazine"! and stop making them chat like schoolgirls. when alert, they should move in a fire team level (4 people) or squad level (8 people) when possible. NOT one by one and be picked off. killing the AI now is the same as clubbing baby seals. free frag.
22) multiplayer where the players can be defending (together with the AI), or assaulting.
23) realistic cameras. the CCTVs now are beyond ridiculous, both in terms of range and coverage.
for the more silent operations (everything i suggested excluding Hunter, Destruction, and VIP Rescue), the user must remove the recording from the server by either destroying the CCTV server (noisy option) or hacking and then shredding the recording digitally (quiet option, but takes some time) if he was detected by CCTV. the player should also have the option to disable all the CCTVs for a particular area at the controls. the player should also be able to destroy the controls that control the CCTVs so that the enemy cannot change its on/off state.
one more important thing. if there's no one in the CCTV room when the cameras are switched on and recording, the alarms shouldnt sound. that is just common sense.
24) realistic ammo count left in each magazine. come on, ammo doesnt top up magically in each magazine. and realistic reload. u do not need to "ease spring" when there's still a round chambered.
25) NO UNLIMITED AMMO for pistols
26) remove the black and white nonsense! the players spend more than half the time in game looking at a black and white screen. 27) allow the SC to prone on the ground, leopard crawl, and hide under vehicles
28) in Single Player "Denial Ops" type game, allow the user the option to have a AI-controlled Splinter Cell to help. the AI should stick close to the player but NOT get into his field of fire at any point in time (like what a sane person would do). the player should also be able to command the AI-controlled SC to move, look around corners, cover areas, whistle/attract attention, prone, weapons hot/hold, etc.
for the more silent operations (everything i suggested excluding Hunter, Destruction, and VIP Rescue), the user must carry the dead AI-controlled SC) to the extraction point. when the AI-controlled SC is killed, the AI enemy should move it to a secure location that is still on the map to secure the body.
29) have the ability to cut power cables (like the cables of those annoying floodlights commonly found in SCC)
30) do not allow the SC to point his weapon up when he touches a surface. this is extremely annoying especially in a gunfight.
31) silhouette and reflections! the AI should be able to see silhouette. for ALL previous SC games, the AI cant. please change it!
32) enemy ranks - killing high ranking officers or NCOs of the enemy increases the response times of the enemies. if the command staff are all killed (the Captain, his 2IC and the Company Sergeant Major), the enemy shouldnt be as well coordinated but should always stick to their squad/fire team. if a platoon loses the Lieutenant, his 2IC and Platoon Sergeant, the platoon shouldnt be as well coordinated. if a squad loses the Sergeant, the squad shouldnt be as well coordinated.
33) enemy injury - injuring an enemy will cause the fire-team/squad to evacuate him to a secure area still on the map when the player disengages.
34) capturing the commander of the enemy and getting him to ask the whole company to stand down will cause the company to stand down. but add in a certain randomness that will cause the commander to radio for help instead of saying whatever the SC orders him to say. the SC should be able to smack him around a little bit to get him to cooperate, get him to order all the enemies to a particular location (where bombs may be hidden), stand down, etc.
35) large, well lit, and detailed maps. large enough for 225 enemy AI to roam about.
36) for multiplayer, let the player see the available games/servers and join whichever game they want to join. scrap the current crappy "matchmaking" that barely works and takes a really long time to "matchmake".