here are my suggestions. i hope Ubisoft takes them seriously and put them into the game.
1) Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory NVGs.
2) move bodies
3) remove the zone idea. unless u allow AI to travel to and from zones freely.
4) better hand to hand combat animations. bring back the knife. it's ridiculous that the AI in Conviction are so fragile and can be knocked out so easily.
5) bring back non lethal hand to hand
6) bring back the whistle/attract attention by throwing something function
7) no indestructible lights! no indestructible ANYTHING!
8) switch shoulder - SC is a 3rd person view game not having this function will handicap the user when he goes around the right corner!
9) ability to play in first person view.
10) bring back the independent "jump" key and not the lame "press this to jump" onto something.
11) allow the user to directly change his load out - how many magazines of ammo for the rifle/pistol, how many gadgets/grenades/mines/etc
12) allow the user to high ready the weapon (weapon zoom) even when there's a scope attached to the weapon! Conviction is a joke when it comes to this. after attaching a scope, the SC cant high ready the weapon and there's that crappy delay whenever the player wants to shoot something coz the SC has to first raise his arms and then fire. use a different key to use the scope!
13) support for SKINNING, MODS & MAP EDITORS! since the people at Ubisoft cant be bothered to make new maps all the time, LET THE PLAYERS DO IT!
14) text chat
15) more MODES. Splinter Cells are supposed to be used for highly sensitive covert ops. not just for killing everyone.
there should be the following modes:
- Hunter (kill all enemies on the map, as per SCC but with a whole lot more AI on the map)
- Assassination (kill target(s) and go to extraction point)
- Head Hunting (kill officers and go to extraction point)
- Espionage (steal info/items by searching drawers and/or hacking computers and/or the classical eavesdropping and recording conversations... and then go to extraction point)
- Kidnap (kidnap somebody to extraction point - allow the player to beat the target unconscious first and carry him around)
- VIP Rescue (rescue the VIP and go to extraction point)
- Destruction (destroy a particular target by blowing it up, marking it with the laser designator for airstrike, or IR beacon for airstrike, and go to extraction point)
- Sabotage (plant evidence/trojan/sabotage vehicle and go to extraction point)
- Dead Drop (go to a location to retrieve a dead drop left by an informant or leave something at the dead drop point, and go to extraction point)
there should also be substantially MORE AI. there shouldnt be reinforcements that magically pop out of the spawn doors. there should be more than 100 AI for highly sensitive areas (like military bases). allow the number to be changed to a max of 225 (1 company of soldiers). at the start, some AI should be resting, chatting, watching tv and some are actively patrolling. if a body is found, an alarm triggered, CCTV destroyed, CCTV detected player, ALL AI should be on the alert and start patrolling. nearby AI should reinforce and search the area where the player was detected or alarm was sounded. they should lose their alertness after 10 - 30 minutes and go back to their routine. however, keep at least 1 platoon of soldiers (55 soldiers) on active patrol in buddy/fire-team level at all times.
16) bring back lock picking and hacking
17) steal access card from downed enemy, pick up compatible ammo, no disappearing bodies and no disappearing weapons
18) weather (how can Ubisoft forget?!) and timing of operation
there should be the following types of weather (random or user defined):
- hail storm
Ubisoft should also put in a relatively simple function called "timing of operation" that sets the time (and therefore the amount of sunlight) during the operation.
- user defined (from 0000hrs to 2359hrs)
- dynamic (uses the time on the user's machine, or the host's machine)
also, the time has to keep running. for example, if the player starts an op at 0600hrs, he better do it fast before the sun rises.
20) weapon modification - the current weapon mods is a bad joke. buy the upgrades but cant remove? and why cant some weapons get the red dot? it's ridiculous.
21) better AI. it's ridiculous now. and stop making them say "clip" when it is a "magazine"! and stop making them chat like schoolgirls. when alert, they should move in a fire team level (4 people) or squad level (8 people) when possible. NOT one by one and be picked off. killing the AI now is the same as clubbing baby seals. free frag.
22) multiplayer where the players can be defending (together with the AI), or assaulting.
23) realistic cameras. the CCTVs now are beyond ridiculous, both in terms of range and coverage.
for the more silent operations (everything i suggested excluding Hunter, Destruction, and VIP Rescue), the user must remove the recording from the server by either destroying the CCTV server (noisy option) or hacking and then shredding the recording digitally (quiet option, but takes some time) if he was detected by CCTV. the player should also have the option to disable all the CCTVs for a particular area at the controls. the player should also be able to destroy the controls that control the CCTVs so that the enemy cannot change its on/off state.
one more important thing. if there's no one in the CCTV room when the cameras are switched on and recording, the alarms shouldnt sound. that is just common sense.
24) realistic ammo count left in each magazine. come on, ammo doesnt top up magically in each magazine. and realistic reload. u do not need to "ease spring" when there's still a round chambered.
25) NO UNLIMITED AMMO for pistols
26) remove the black and white nonsense! the players spend more than half the time in game looking at a black and white screen.
27) allow the SC to prone on the ground, leopard crawl, and hide under vehicles
28) in Single Player "Denial Ops" type game, allow the user the option to have a AI-controlled Splinter Cell to help. the AI should stick close to the player but NOT get into his field of fire at any point in time (like what a sane person would do). the player should also be able to command the AI-controlled SC to move, look around corners, cover areas, whistle/attract attention, prone, weapons hot/hold, etc.
for the more silent operations (everything i suggested excluding Hunter, Destruction, and VIP Rescue), the user must carry the dead AI-controlled SC) to the extraction point. when the AI-controlled SC is killed, the AI enemy should move it to a secure location that is still on the map to secure the body.
29) have the ability to cut power cables (like the cables of those annoying floodlights commonly found in SCC)
30) do not allow the SC to point his weapon up when he touches a surface. this is extremely annoying especially in a gunfight.
31) silhouette and reflections! the AI should be able to see silhouette. for ALL previous SC games, the AI cant. please change it!
32) enemy ranks - killing high ranking officers or NCOs of the enemy increases the response times of the enemies. if the command staff are all killed (the Captain, his 2IC and the Company Sergeant Major), the enemy shouldnt be as well coordinated but should always stick to their squad/fire team. if a platoon loses the Lieutenant, his 2IC and Platoon Sergeant, the platoon shouldnt be as well coordinated. if a squad loses the Sergeant, the squad shouldnt be as well coordinated.
33) enemy injury - injuring an enemy will cause the fire-team/squad to evacuate him to a secure area still on the map when the player disengages.
34) capturing the commander of the enemy and getting him to ask the whole company to stand down will cause the company to stand down. but add in a certain randomness that will cause the commander to radio for help instead of saying whatever the SC orders him to say. the SC should be able to smack him around a little bit to get him to cooperate, get him to order all the enemies to a particular location (where bombs may be hidden), stand down, etc.
35) large, well lit, and detailed maps. large enough for 225 enemy AI to roam about.
36) for multiplayer, let the player see the available games/servers and join whichever game they want to join. scrap the current crappy "matchmaking" that barely works and takes a really long time to "matchmake".
Last edited by Ristar85; 05-15-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Awesome post Ristar85. I played Double Agent today and its got some really cool stuff, moving dead bodies , insert via rope high above , insert via ice water and pull the guy into the water. Its a shame they took out all the old classic SC gameplay. Saying that I do perfer the new interface . Shame they cant re release the old splinter cells with the new SCC engine and interface (But still leave LAN and proper MP system in it )
Hello LADIES And GENTLEMEN, Dear old VIVZ has a few words of his own to say on this matter. I am one of the VETERANS too
* Decide How many ENEMIES you want in each map
* Put SPLINTER CELLS as enemies in Hunter Mode (I remember the splinter cells being a formidable challenge in WHITE HOUSE to kill HAND to HAND)
* Keep the Option "NO WEAPONS" in hunter mode
* Keep the Option "NO MARK AND EXECUTE" in hunter mode
*A New game mode called "STEALTH BREACH" where many of you save a VIP or target from an area with a LARGE number of enemies (GROUP STEALTH)
* 60 FPS on coop
* A new game mode called SABOTAGE where you attack vital enemy installations without getting spotted
* A new game mode called SURVIVAL where you are thrown into enemy territory without any weapons and you have to find your way out by whatever means possible
-If AI is shot in arm, they can't use that arm/drop their gun. If they are shot in the leg, they fall over until other AI can come to remove them from the line of fire.
-Casual interrogation with guards be brought back.
-Make it possible to grab enemy when rappelling and interrogate them in mid-air using hold for humanshield. Same when hanging from above, except Sam pulls them up onto the surface he's hanging off of, then jumps up himself. And from cover using abductions.
-Make it possible to active sprint without bashing doors, instead using a quick version of the open door animation. Also, maybe have a dedicated bash door option. to supplement the ability to open doors during active sprint.
-Be able to un-equip weapon upgrades, or make it possible to trade in an upgrade to the economy system and get the points back.