As there is not official section for the upcoming splinter cell game and i am a pc player i think the is the best place for this post it.
It has already been announced that splinter cell 6 is in development. and it is exploring one of the root themes behind the franchise.
now there are a few thing i would like to see in the new game.
now a few things i would like to see through out the game.
1. keep a similar menu style to conviction. i really liked that menu.
2. keep the mark and execute feature that was the best addition to the game. but i would say make it faster to do a hand to hand take down or human shield then been able to fire i'll try and explain this more clearly: if you grab somebody and use them as a human shield and you have 4 others marked for execution it took to long to get the gun out, where he should have had the gun out to start with and be able to perform the executes even before he has finished the grab that goes the same with the take down.
3. be able to take two people out at once when surprise attacking. eg drop from above and knock two guards out that are talking to each other or even f the are close enough together.
4. have better AI, i conviction if had hire those people i would be shooting them my self. their had no reaction to finding a pile of dead bodies and then runn thought the door way there all around now i would be a little suspicious if i saw a pile of dead bodies i would think something like i might find another way around or just find cover and shoot the next thing that moves.
5. I would love to see deniable ops return, with some changes.
1. have more modes,
2. have better ai,
3. make the mark and execute better for coop, eg i mark and my buddy execute.
4. have more coop moves rather than been at set places. eg the lift to ledge then climb up.
5. a map editor. for user made content. i love playing games that have use made content especially levels, unreal tournament series found some great map developers. that way. not sure how difficult it is for ubi to develop a map editor, or what ever they need to do but if they are using unreal engine 3, the development tools are free for none commercial use, or at least they were.
6. better challenges, now conviction had some good challenges like complete level with out been detected. but some were more annoying like taking out 3 guard with one grenade is fine once or twice but more than 5 times is just annoying cos it alerts all the guards,
7. more gadgets, splinter cell has always had gadgets and some have been great others not so great, now the sticky cam with sleeping gas as great silent and effective but not always what you want where if it explode is great you can set traps etc and even take out enemies at the same time as distracting other guard allowing yo perform a hand to hand take down.
thanks for reading feel free to post you comment and wish list as well
i sort of skipped the stealth areas, because i was unsure on it. conviction allowed Sam to move faster and better than previous games, but in my opinion the game could still be played stealthy which included setting up traps or leaving a body out in the open to attract an enemy allowing you to take him down. but been able to drag dead bodies would be useful also in previous game as soon as you where discovered it was game over. where now you actually have a chance to take the enemy out before he gets chance to tell his friends.
now one thing that did annoy me was that there was not choice weather to kill some one you grabbed or just knock them out. also the ability to save at any point would be good saves you having to redo the 9 other enemies you already took down.
getting back to the point about stealth maybe having an option would be useful as this would keep the hardcore stealth happy and also allow the less patient players enjoy the game.
basically having the old school option would give it greater appeal to a wider audience.
+1 agree my friend. I absolutely hate the Nintendo-style-punish-the-player-and-start-again mantra
well maybe a very limited number of saves per mission. I got frustrated from time to time... especially when just short of completion getting spotted by a guard and mission aborted...... but, then again the campaign would have been many many hours shorter :-(
If there is any more Splinter Cell games developers should consider the following, especially for PC.
Mouse & Keyboard options:
-disable/enable mouse smoothing and acceleration
-toggle on/off for zoom, sprint and cover
Movement & Gameplay:
-when you are running and you press zoom, you should automaticly start walking and zoom in and resume running after zooming out.
-animations for dry and loaded reload
-dragging and carrying bodies
More visual options:
-FXAA, SMAA, etc
-if it has 3D then options for that
Upgrades & Weapons:
-ability to remove upgrades for weapons (scopes for example) or even customizing weapons on the fly
-add some sniper rifles
Meny of these could be easily patched for conviction but I dont think it will happen.
I guess my suggestions would be;
1 - To have a bit more of an open environment. Linear levels get old after a while.
2 - I'd also like to see more interaction with the environment, such as picking up bodies, objects, etc.
3 - And although I do adore the stealth from Chaos Theory, I do enjoy the fast pace of Conviction. So I guess striking a balance between that, would be fantastic.
4 - As everyone has said - removing upgrades to weapons.