Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silent Hunter 3 patch problem updating | Forums

Angry Silent Hunter 3 patch problem updating

Hello and good day, I am a big fan of the Silent Hunters. I had purchased Silent Hunter II that came with Silent Hunter III, About six months ago. I have been trying to to patch Silent Hunter III I am having a problem patches 1.1 to 1.3 keep getting an error C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\ SilentHunterIII\anim.act: unknown version and patch 1.4 is giving me an error C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\ SilentHunterIII\MissionEngine.dll: unknown version.

I have unstalled the game and have reinstalled and still the same error. I have the cd for the game. Any ideas on what I can do? Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by shifty2021 View Post
    Hello and good day, I am a big fan of the Silent Hunters. I had purchased Silent Hunter II that came with Silent Hunter III, About six months ago. I have been trying to to patch Silent Hunter III I am having a problem patches 1.1 to 1.3 keep getting an error C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\ SilentHunterIII\anim.act: unknown version and patch 1.4 is giving me an error C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\ SilentHunterIII\MissionEngine.dll: unknown version.

I have unstalled the game and have reinstalled and still the same error. I have the cd for the game. Any ideas on what I can do? Thanks.
    The first thing I would do is uninstall SHIII, then reinstall somewhere else than Program Files (x86). I'm assuming you're either using Vista or Win 7 64-bit. Installing the game to Program Files (x86) causes all kinds of problems with the game in both Vista or Win7. Then get the SHIII v1.4b patch. This patch includes all previous patches. Choose either retail DVD or download according to whichever you have. The try looking here for tips on getting SHIII working on Win 7. The suggestions will work for Vista also. Hope this helps you out some.

"Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" LtCDR Samuel D Dealey
    SHIV Guide I Imperial Japanese Navy l US Submarines: Pacific Theater

Thanks so I unstalled SilentHunter IIIand reinstalled it under Program Files, So I then tried to installed the v1.4b patch and I am now getting this for an error

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\ SilentHunterIII\sh3.dll: file missing

I can still play the game so unsure what to do now. Thank you

Have you installed DirectX 9.0c? This is needed for the game to play correctly.

I have DirectX 11 currently

I have DirectX 11 currently

You will still need to install DX 9.0c. It is required by the game. Installing DX 9.0c will not harm your computer in anyway.

Just did and still the same error keeps coming up now. I am running windows 7 home premium and meet the games requirments to play this game.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help, I've reached the end of my knowledge for SHIII on Win 7. Hopefully someone else will be along soon who can offer you a solution.

Thank you very for your help. I will continue to try

Thank you very for your help. I will continue to try

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast