Page 52 of 93 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring Up Whatever You Would Like! #40 (Off Topic Only) | Forums

Quote Originally Posted by freddie_1897 View Post
    England, i suppose you would have got less coverage if you were in another continent but it was still really big news
    I'm from England, when did this happen?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Norway_attacks

july 22nd 2011, the link has all the info

So last summer i went to the U.S.A. it was a college organised trip only about 20 of us (maybe less). The main location for the trip was Yellowstone National Park, but we did go to several other places in Utah, Idaho and Wyoming.
    I was only really interested in taking natural photos, so that's all i have, The camera i used was only a simple Fujifilm Finepix, so don't expect masterpieces. Also sorry for the size of the pictures, if a mod asks me i''l re-size them.

So, we went from Heathrow to New York to Salt Lake city, As soon as we left the airport the first thing i noticed was the heat, Much warmer than back in Britain, but the heat was also different, it felt much nicer, more comfortable. We waited for our coach to arrive for about 5 minutes, then this thing came along:

This might seem normally sized to you, but most of the coaches and buses i'd ever been in were small and dainty in comparison. this one one of the things that lead me to my theory that America is pretty much like Britain, except things are bigger. Anyway this coach was going to be were we spent most of our time for the next week, in side it was fairly spacious and quite cool.
    Our driver/Tour guide was named Mike Powers, and he was one of the closest things to a stereotypical american i'd seen. fairly fat, shades, large belt buckle etc.. He was a funny guy, and also quite helpful, definitely one of the good things about the trip.

Now i don't have any pictures of Salt Lake city itself, but you're not missing much, so here's a picture of a rock nearby the great salt lake:

That little semi island was absolutely full of annoying little flying bugs, they didn't bite me, but they were still really annoying. i did go into the Salt Lake which apparently at it's deepest point is only 20 Meters deep.

The next day we stopped off in Idaho Falls, which i can only assumed is name so due the the water falls running through it:

After Idaho, we made our way closer to the Yellowstone are, we got to the place where we would be spending 3 nights:

But don't let that picture fool you into thinking the whole place was beautiful, The cabin i was in, along with 4 other lads (2 of which pussied out for two nights) was not particularly serine, it seemed fairly run down, there was a hole in one of the doors, and mosquitos plagued us . I wasn't too vexed since i'm fairly used to relative squalor, and at least this way i didn't have to share a room with my brother, But my 'cabin-mates' made the most of the opportunity to ***** and whine.

These are two seagulls, deal with it:

So we made our way into West Yellowstone itself, being met by lot's of fields, Rivers and trees. (i will admit, for a large part of the holiday i couldn't help but think of Red Dead Redemption)
    we made a little stop at the side of a waterfall:
    Which was nice.

One of the things i was excited at seeing where Wild Buffalo, And i was quite pleased when i saw my first one:

But as it turns out they are all over the bloody place:
    They got quite boring quite quickly,especially when they walked along the road and all the vehicles had to slow right down.

Yellowstone Itself was really very scenic, I especially liked the way the rivers and streams seemed so flat:

And then of course the Geysers, one thing you don't get from the documentaries or pictures is the smell, a lot of sulphur in the air:

Especially in the areas where there are hundreds vents and pools:

Plus At that altitude it really made it a lot harder to breathe.

I can't really remember, but i think i took this one morning back at the cabin park we were staying at:

The thing i really like about this one was how blue the smoke looked:

Near this one there some other really cool geysers, plus one that was not just a crater because it had exploded, but i don't have any photos of those, sorry.

You can't go looking at geysers and not look at the most famous of them all, Old Faithful:

We did have a fair wait before she erupted, but like the name says, it's quite faithful.

This one i just though looked cool, like a stairway.:

Look another waterfall!

This one was really quite big, loud to, someone said it was like thunder.

Now for some doggies! and bears, don't forget bears.
    These are from a wolf and bear reserve near Yellowstone, don't really have much to say.
    Being badass is tiring work:

Yo:

Dafuq you lookin at!?:

Hey, guys you should totally come look at this water!:

These guys were just massive:

sooo:

Wonder what he's thinking about:

Well, that's it for this, there are other pictures, and there was a lot more to the trip. Great places, great people and it was honestly the best thing i've ever done, so if you get a chance to go to Yellowstone, Take it!

Thanks for reading (if you could be bothered) and sorry for the really VERY long post. And mods, If you wan't me to re size the pictures or anything, just ask.

wow, you are quite the photographer

*claps*
    Awesome Mario.
    Made me a bit jealous, that place looks awesome, and indeed you're a great photographer. Wish I could go somewhere like that I could take proper photographs in.

Those are some great photos. Everything certainly does looks bigger than here. Definitely looks a bit like Red Dead.

When you were in Yellowstone, did you think about how you were on top of one of the biggest volcanoes in the world, and it could have erupted any moment? That would've been running through my head the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by rileypoole1234 View Post
    Those are some great photos. Everything certainly does looks bigger than here. Definitely looks a bit like Red Dead.

When you were in Yellowstone, did you think about how you were on top of one of the biggest volcanoes in the world, and it could have erupted any moment? That would've been running through my head the whole time.
    like in the film 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by rileypoole1234 View Post

Yeah, and i made sure to remind people of this fact any chance i got.
    Though i don't think i'd be bothered, since if yellowstone went off, then everybody on earth would probably die anyway, or at least the majority. the benefit of being on top of the volcano is that it would be fairly quick.

Page 52 of 93 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast