Thread: Whats wrong with curent gen tactical shooters and how to revolutionize the genre. | Forums

Whats wrong with curent gen tactical shooters and how to revolutionize the genre.

One of the biggest problems with todays "tactical" games (OFP,BF3,RSV2) is the lack of dependance the player has on his squadmates, especialy in RSV2. Its all too easy to just "Do your own thing" and say to hell with your team. the only way to know whats going on with them it to STOP..press select look at the trashy *** map that takes up the WHOLE SCREEN. The cones of vision on the mini map are a start, but that doesent set you apart from any of the other FPS on todays market does it? I beleive there should be a physical asspect of the room clearing experence. Its kind of a hard concept to explain in words so ill just let this video do the talking, it comes from an unusual source but within the first few seconds you'll see where im going, specificlly 00:27-00:29. Feel free to add on o the idea and share your thoughts on it.

not really sure if the developers even check these boards, even though it seems to have gone completly dead after the dismisal of the core dev team. But I really hope ubisoft actucaly listens to there fans this time around...

sorry for the **** spelling
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by FatePrice View Post
    One of the biggest problems with todays "tactical" games (OFP,BF3,RSV2) is the lack of dependance the player has on his squadmates, especialy in RSV2. Its all too easy to just "Do your own thing" and say to hell with your team. the only way to know whats going on with them it to STOP..press select look at the trashy *** map that takes up the WHOLE SCREEN. The cones of vision on the mini map are a start, but that doesent set you apart from any of the other FPS on todays market does it? I beleive there should be a physical asspect of the room clearing experence. Its kind of a hard concept to explain in words so ill just let this video do the talking, it comes from an unusual source but within the first few seconds you'll see where im going, specificlly 00:27-00:29. Feel free to add on o the idea and share your thoughts on it.

not really sure if the developers even check these boards, even though it seems to have gone completly dead after the dismisal of the core dev team. But I really hope ubisoft actucaly listens to there fans this time around...

sorry for the **** spelling
    Operation Flashpoint and Battlefield 3 are two completely different games from Vegas, so I don't know why you even mentioned them in the same breath. Battlefield 3 is one of the few shooters out there that I can say is a game that truly requires team work in order to ensure a victory. When everyone is working together, using the classes in accordance to each other, the more likely hood you are going to win, and the more fun you'll have with it. In reality, the classes in BF3 really are dependent on each other. But of course, its up to the players if they actually want to play as a team like its meant to be played, sadly, most don't even use a mic. If you have a problem with the team work in BF3, then the problem is the people you play with, not the game itself. The problem with Vegas isn't the mini map, its the gameplay in general that's the problem. Its not a real Rainbow Six game and there is nothing tactical about its multiplayer. The tactical room clearing experience can only be as 'physical' as the players allow it to be, if they are playing it like its meant to be played. In conclusion, there is really nothing the devs can do to force the players to work together.
    Last edited by Dcopymope; 04-14-2012 at 08:34 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote