Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocksmith PC Release Date | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

I'm seeking an aternative PC game like rocksmith, because no need for me to buy a xbox360 only wanna play this game. May be in the future an online game of the same type will come out.Think about a game named Audition Dance Battle Online, when you fight and paly with a real guitar online instead of boring keybord, that is very cool.
    Last edited by liulunhao; 04-23-2012 at 03:37 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by a-p51 View Post
    I'm in the same situation here. I'm not going to buy a console + tv just for this game, especially after ubi making fool of me. I still keep my guitar, and hope that alternative are coming.
    I'm telling you, buy the cheapest console you'll find and hook it up on your PC monitor. You'll play guitar by the time the game comes out on PC.

Quote Originally Posted by MeanMisterMust View Post
    Just stumbled across this article:
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/1...smith_tech.php
    Pretty much what I suspected since the original release date was moved back.
    <very mild expletive deleted - insert your own> the lawyers and broken copyright laws!

As "the eternal optimist", I'm still holding out hope for the PC version.
    That suit doesn't stand a snowball's chance.

@ubisoft. There is no "confusion" about release dates. Almost every date that has ever been mentioned has been posted by Ubisoft and then retracted. Yes, there are communication issues, but they are not the fault of retailers. Ubisoft Brass has been very vocal on their dislike of PC users. This is just more evidence.

That said, I was patiently waiting for a PC release until Christmas of 2011 when I saw an excellent deal on a PS3 so I picked up the bundle and do not regret it. Everything cost me less than buying a guitar and amp so I'm satisfied. I still want the PC version but I think something better will be released long before Ubisoft releases a PC version even though the original software base was designed for PC/Mac. How are these "porting" problems?

I used to visit these forums multiple times a day. The community is great and the forum managers are top-notch. Unfortunately, the managers here are being lied to more than we are and I have cut back my forum use to checking on push-back dates. Good luck with the "port."

Quote Originally Posted by RSDAVE View Post
    I'm telling you, buy the cheapest console you'll find and hook it up on your PC monitor. You'll play guitar by the time the game comes out on PC.
    So what cheap console, or not-so-cheap one for that matter, has either a D-Sub or DVI output port?
    Epiphone Les Paul Special II
    PC version
    ASRock P67 Pro3, 3.4Ghz Core i 3, NVIDIA GeForce GT430 1680 X 1050 LG Flatron Wide 16GB (4 X 4GB) RAM 64-bit Win7 Home Prem.

Many PC monitors do have an HDMI input. But if yours does not, you can always buy an HDMI-1o-DVI cable or plug, it's not expensive.
    Last edited by XXajniN; 04-26-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XXajniN View Post
    Many PC monitors do have an HDMI input. But if yours does not, you can always buy an HDMI-1o-DVI cable or plug, it's not expensive.
    Monoprice sells a 6' HDMI to DVI cable for $4.12.

There is alot of bellyaching about this PC version not coming out when the kids want it to. And those people are whining and complaining about the DLC. What you think Ubi is going to give the PC version better DLC.. PLEASE.... There will be someone out there that gets the PC version and starts crying that their PC can't play the game or they blame it all on Ubi for not making the PC version specifically for their outdated POS PC. PC games have way too many variables to account for.

None of the other guitar games had any DLC worth a crap till they were well into their second year. and to get the newer songs you had to buy another game. I have all those games as well, their great for parties and playing with your kids and maybe, just maybe building some hand & eye coordination.

I am sure that some of the reason for the lack of the DLC your looking for is that some of the bands are still tied up in contracts with the other games. And there are the bands that want large sums of cash from RS for their music rights. Alot of the bigger bands were very skeptical of the other games in the beginning as well!

I've tried most all the other types of learning tools there are out there. The closest thing that could touch the Rocksmith game could only slow down the backing track and tab so you could play the harder parts slower. And if you haven't played the song in a while and are rusty you end up having to jack around with the program all over again. RS just dials back the song for you on the fly until you can get caught back up. Nothing else out there does that! There are alot of things out there that are basically the equivalent of trying to tossing a Yard Dart (if you don't know what that is Google it) at a leaf and hoping you can hit it. They only let you progress at their pace. And what about all the amps, effects and backing tracks that come packaged in RS. Those are all separate programs you "usually" (not always) have to buy separately to use with the various programs.

If RS didn't release any more DLC and Ubi stopped supporting the game. I would still continue playing it just as it is right now.
    Last edited by mr_handy007; 04-28-2012 at 05:41 AM.

I've learned from other sites that the release date Roksmit (pc) U.S. and Canada on May 31. Is this true?
    Last edited by EvilRaf; 04-28-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XXajniN View Post
    Yep, I posted a stupid comment. Happens to the best of us.

Speaking of which:

Quote Originally Posted by mr_handy007 View Post
    There is alot of bellyaching about this PC version not coming out when the kids want it to. And those people are whining and complaining about the DLC. What you think...
    For some reason, whenever consumers demand to get what we want, corporatists call it whining. Perhaps corporations and their shills should quit whining about wanting our money for not earning it.

Want my money? Give me what I want for it. I'm not competing with other consumers for this game. The company that publishes this game is competing with other corporations for my money.
    Epiphone Les Paul Special II
    PC version
    ASRock P67 Pro3, 3.4Ghz Core i 3, NVIDIA GeForce GT430 1680 X 1050 LG Flatron Wide 16GB (4 X 4GB) RAM 64-bit Win7 Home Prem.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast