Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will there be Deathmatch? | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Outpost App [UK]

Yeah, scratch it. The thought was to shift the balance over more evenly by letting dead prisoners be respawned as rebels. However what do you do if all the prisoners are dead; do the pirates win?
    Last edited by Johnnien; 05-05-2012 at 01:16 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnien View Post
    Yeah, scratch it. The thought was to shift the balance over more evenly by letting dead prisoners be respawned as rebels. However what do you do if all the prisoners are dead; do the pirates win?
    Exactly... Thats how I see it... But also if the guard kills the player trying to break his mates out the pirates win too on 1 kill Like a big snub...

Escapes win by either killing all the pirates or any 2-4 players escaping but advantage points would be earned the more that escape and all the pirates got killed for instance... You can earn more points being an esacpee team but it's harder

So giving the escapees 2 escape areas (vehicles - exit points to reach) makes it a bit easier to reach one or the other but also more difficult if there are not many players left on the team because you need 2 players to activate the point.

It would be entirely possible to have 4 eascapees get away and kill all the pirates for maximum points.... As a pirate you goal is mainly to block the other team scoring and gain a small score yourself providing nobody gets away

It's round based so probably highest scoring team after 4 rounds with 2 rounds extra at a draw and repeat until there is a winner
    Last edited by ronster2011; 05-05-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Could incorporate a no respawns to Break out, that would intensify it. Another thought: if the prisoners manage to reach the escape vehicle they inform the rest of the rebels of the location of the pirates HQ and a sequence showing the pirates HQ being bombarded by gasoline bombs by aircrafts (the prisoners/rebels win the match). Another idea is to give the pirates anti-air defense (an ammo supply or something similar) that the prisoners have to sabotage on route to the escape vehicle.
    Last edited by Johnnien; 05-05-2012 at 06:04 PM.

Could incorporate a no respawns to Break out, that would intensify it. Another thought: if the prisoners manage to reach the escape vehicle they inform the rest of the rebels of the location of the pirates HQ and a sequence showing the pirates HQ being bombarded by gasoline bombs by aircrafts (the prisoners/rebels win the match). Another idea is to give the pirates anti-air defense (an ammo supply or something similar) that the prisoners have to sabotage on route to the escape vehicle.
    Your original idea is a brilliant one... I hope you did not mind me running with it... for ideas it really inspired me.

What do you think of a round starting only 1 vs 1 like this that has the chance to escalate or end with that kill.... It is meant to install the sense of captivity... Like being behind bars unable to change things at this momment. With 4 rounds each player of the 8 slots on a side would either play a guard or the gut trying to bust his buddies out of jail so evryone gets a momment in the spotlight too.

No problem. Part of the idea of the game mode was to take various concepts from sought out game modes like predator, escape, and last man standing and fit into FC3 setting. My concern is if you have a 1 vs 1 fight at the begining what are the players going to do while in captivity. One solution is to let the match start right off with the alarm going off as the camera pans over the map. The captives have already killed a guard and stolen his keys.
    Last edited by Johnnien; 05-06-2012 at 09:12 AM.

No problem. Part of the idea of the game mode was to take various concepts from sought out game modes like predator, escape, and last man standing and fit into FC3 setting. My concern is if you have a 1 vs 1 fight at the begining what are the players going to do while in captivity. One solution is to let the match start right off with the alarm going off as the camera pans over the map. The captives have already killed a guard and stolen his keys.
    That is the alternative and that was my original thought... But it does not install the sense of being held captive which the 1 vs 1 part I think it helps to convey... It up's the ante because you feel held captive for that first couple of minutes before the team watching the guard say see him die on tracker cam alarms going off in the armoury and grabbing your weapons and running after the escapees.or head to guard the exit points

The same goes for the escapees that when they get busted out all of a sudden they spawn into game from tracker cam of the guy trying to break them out with alarms and lot's of yelling like a riot as they run out of the prision on mass to find weapons....

It builds up energy and anticipation.... and there is the chance that you won't get out and get spat on behind the bars if the guard kills the guy trying to break his mates out this could cause a bit of bad feeling if somone messes up but it's actually also part of the fun of it I think. Both sides have the same adantages and disadvantages and they take it in turns to play out the scenario.

The guy trying to break his mates out has a better weapon than the guard, so law of averages is that he should be able too more frequently than not.

It's cooler to be the escapees but when the other team stops that from happening they have stopped you earning the points to win the game

So in essence every round starts with an epic last man standing 1 vs 1 (or potential unless the guard hides) and has the ability to repeat that again in the very same round... Double epic.

If the guard hides he could pick off a few unarmed escapees before they make it to the weapon stashes... There are so many possibilities with this idea I think my head is going to explode

The Prision cell building would need 2 entances and a window to shoot through to give different approaches (escapees spawn)

The armoury has one way in and out (pirate guards spawn)

another thing to bear in mind is that the escapees in a full team roster in full breakout would outnumber the pirates 8 - 7 so again another small advantage for them if you die as the guard you do not respawn

Perhaps better to have 8 rounds that way everyone gets to be a guard and the guy trying to break his mates out?

When the 2 escapees manage to escape in a vehicle they leave their team members still in game and go to tracker cam of any remaining team members left alive.... The further chance for another 2 to escape only leaving a possible of half the team with the abilty to beat the remaining pirates
    Last edited by ronster2011; 05-06-2012 at 10:59 AM.

One posibility is to do a little of both, split the prisoners into two groups (four in each group). The match starts off as mentioned above with the alarm going off as the camera pans over the map. One of the groups have already killed a guard and stolen his keys. They are left with a choice to either save the other group and receive support or try to destroy the anti-air defense and get to escape vehicle alone.
    Last edited by Johnnien; 05-06-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Thats a good idea too.... I'd love to see somthing like this anyway... It's got great potential

Quote Originally Posted by ronster2011 View Post
    I would like to add though I think trying to escape will be difficult enough without airstrikes etc and things like this...
    This confuses me a little. To quote myself:
    Another thought: if the prisoners manage to reach the escape vehicle they inform the rest of the rebels of the location of the pirates HQ and a sequence showing the pirates HQ being bombarded by gasoline bombs by aircrafts (the prisoners/rebels win the match). Another idea is to give the pirates anti-air defense (an ammo supply or something similar) that the prisoners have to sabotage on route to the escape vehicle.
    No airstrike occurs during the match. The bombardment(airstrike) is the result if the prisoners/rebels win the match. The thought was that the prisoners had to destroy the anti-air defense to prevent being shot down while escaping in flight.
    Last edited by Johnnien; 05-09-2012 at 08:41 AM.

This confuses me a little. To quote myself:
    No airstrike occurs during the match. The bombardment(airstrike) is the result if the prisoners/rebels win the match. The thought was that the prisoners had to destroy the anti-air defense to prevent being shot down while escaping in flight.
    oh sorry, I thought you wanted to have airstrikes on the prisioners or guards.... anyway If the objective is to escape then that is enough, I don't think it would be easy at all... I did not ealise you meant animation seq....I have misunderstood you.

I actally think jeeps and boats with turrets make better escape vehicles.... 2 positions.... that way they simply drive off but if it were a plane as an escape vehicle now I see the sense in what you are saying...but I still think simple jeeps and boats are better escape vehicles it keeps it alot more simple and easir to place jeeps and boats in a map.
    Last edited by ronster2011; 05-09-2012 at 09:08 AM.

You know where you are? ... Your in the jungle baby...... Your gonna die.....

A good First-person Shooter should:

- have precise, manual controls - e.g. no auto-aim
    - put balance, challenge and fun above realism
    - be full of fast-paced real-time action
    - let cunning, intelligence and skill decide who wins (PvP)
    - have simple mechanics: easy to learn but difficult to master

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123