Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Will there be Deathmatch? | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Outpost App [UK]

  1. #11
    I have a feeling they won't include deathmatch, but I still hold hope for a lone wolf game type.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  2. #12
    Senior Member Ix Johnnien xI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nesodden, Norway
    Posts
    763
    I highly doubt the last game mode is deathmatch. They wouldn't build so much hype for something as simple as deathmatch. The last game mode should be bigger and stand out from the other game modes mentioned. Based upon the reaction from the community; when, UBI mentioned there were no vehicles in the maps; I'm thinking about a game mode with team support and emphasis on vehicles to capture objectives. I'm hoping the last game mode could include additional teams, kinda like in FCI:P (which had up to four); however, with an increase in the number players for each team.
    Last edited by Johnnien; 04-25-2012 at 08:32 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  3. #13
    Senior Member FALLEN CHAMP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,801
    OPM Earlier you suggested it would be a good idea to be a lone wolf?


    DB
    We didn’t want to punish someone who wants to run around and shoot people on their own, that’s fine. It’s not going to break the game for the people you’re playing with. It’s a soft team play requirement, it’s not that harsh.

    We didn’t want it to be a type of gameplay where your team must take this wall down to progress and you need a guy playing this class to do it. If that guys not doing his job then the entire thing breaks. That’s not we want. Really giving a carrot to people who team play by giving them access to the big weapons. The guy at the end at the top of the scoreboard is probably the guy who’s been team playing the most.

    Taken from this interview HERE

    The problem is though if you just run off doing your own thing and been a lone wolf are the other players going to start *****ing that you are not playing as a team member, they might want you to be close at a key stage to give a perk from the battle cry.

    Either DM mode is a Solo Mode or it is not DM Mode, and is all Team Base.
    However to say no DM would be a negative comment so I guess it was a way of been diplomatic.

    My take on DM mode would either be to take out Team Support and Battle Cry on that mode or to turn Team Support into Kill Streak for solo players and have no battle cry feature - My personal choice would be to turn off team based stuff - it should still work fine and hold up as a mode on it's own - To modify DM Mode into Last Man Standing would also be something I would welcome (both would be great) but I don't think we will get either.
    http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?u=977913&type=sigpic&dateline=1408306127
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by LAMBCHOP1972 View Post
    OPM Earlier you suggested it would be a good idea to be a lone wolf?


    DB
    We didn’t want to punish someone who wants to run around and shoot people on their own, that’s fine. It’s not going to break the game for the people you’re playing with. It’s a soft team play requirement, it’s not that harsh.

    We didn’t want it to be a type of gameplay where your team must take this wall down to progress and you need a guy playing this class to do it. If that guys not doing his job then the entire thing breaks. That’s not we want. Really giving a carrot to people who team play by giving them access to the big weapons. The guy at the end at the top of the scoreboard is probably the guy who’s been team playing the most.

    Taken from this interview HERE

    The problem is though if you just run off doing your own thing and been a lone wolf are the other players going to start *****ing that you are not playing as a team member, they might want you to be close at a key stage to give a perk from the battle cry.

    Either DM mode is a Solo Mode or it is not DM Mode, and is all Team Base.
    However to say no DM would be a negative comment so I guess it was a way of been diplomatic.

    My take on DM mode would either be to take out Team Support and Battle Cry on that mode or to turn Team Support into Kill Streak for solo players and have no battle cry feature - My personal choice would be to turn off team based stuff - it should still work fine and hold up as a mode on it's own - To modify DM Mode into Last Man Standing would also be something I would welcome (both would be great) but I don't think we will get either.
    God, YES! LAST MAN STANDING! Why don't FPS games offer this mode anymore?

    A team based last man standing would be an EXCELLENT addition to Far Cry imo
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  5. #15
    I think Team deathmath and deathmatch will be in personally

    Last man standing would be great too - The first round should be a knives only round for fun!

    ALso they should try to put in Gun-Game mode / Arms Race - Pistols / SMG / Shotty/ LMG /assault Snipers/ grenade Last weapon should be the knife in that order

    Scavenger mode - where everyone always spawns only with a knife but apparently they are not sure about weapons being dropped in or around (re-spawn) a map?

    "you'll need more than that knife to survive this island"
    Last edited by ronster2011; 04-30-2012 at 10:44 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #16
    Senior Member Ix Johnnien xI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nesodden, Norway
    Posts
    763
    Writing down this thought while it is still fresh in mind, a gamemode called Break out (kinda like a mix between predator and escape game modes). Team1 (prisoners) has manage to escape captivity from pirates and has to try to reach a plane to get to safety. Team2 (pirates) has to try to kill the other team before they get to the plane. The prisoners having just escaped captivity start off with limited or no weapons and must recover weapons during their escape. The pirates start off with body armor and weapons. After one round the teams change so that both teams get to play as pirate and prisoner.
    Last edited by Johnnien; 05-05-2012 at 10:49 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnien View Post
    Writing down this thought while it is still fresh in mind, a gamemode called Break out (kinda like mix between predator and escape game modes). Team1 (prisoners) has manage to escape captivity from pirates and has to try to reach a plane to get to safety. Team2 (pirates) has to try to kill the other team before they get to the plane. The prisoners having just escaped captivity starts off with limited or no weapons and must recover weapons during their escape. The pirates starts off with body armor and weapons. After one round the teams change so that both teams get to play as pirate and prisoner.
    That's a great idea man... I really like it..... You should develop it further.... The only issue is the escapees are largley unarmed.... There really needs the ability to drop weapons in the map for far cry 3 to not limit peoples creativity for like ideas just like the one you have had. If it was mapped in such a way then you would have weapon stashes with the escapees have advantage to reach these first the pirates can reach the escape point easily first... what do you think?


    In fact there should only be a set amount of guns available to pick up for both sides so as to keep it balanced. not limited to escapees making it to the pirates armoury stash One escappee starts with a gun who breaks out (up to) his seven other buddies

    I can imagine the round start and an alarm going off and the pirates grabbing weapons close to hand in an armoury while the escapees start legging it to weapon stashes around the map... This mode is made of greatness

    The first man that makes it to a vehicle (escape point) get's a Mounted gun to help his team escape? Mounted jeep gun / helicopter turret/ patrol boat gun to provide fire support ... you need 2 players minimum to escape to win a round?.... pirates cannot enter the escape vehicle Just trying to give more to your idea

    It could be an extremely interesting twist on the statement "no vehicles in multi-player" if it got implemented... I will explain myself better.... The first person who reaches an escape point (a vehicle) will always enter the turret position to provide fire support for their buddies before a vehicle could leave and win the round 2 players neeed to reach a vehicle for escape to be possible. one gunner one driver. Perhaps only 2 escape points (4 player slots) meaning only half the team can escape otherwise you need to kill all the pirates. The vehicles would simply pull away as an animation sequence and not be drivable for the escapees.

    If there is only 1 escapee left and all his buddies are dead and none of them made it to a vehicle then he can go to the escape point to use the mounted turret but his only way to win would be to kill the remaining pirates at this point.

    And of course the pirates can kill the escapee on the turret...

    It would be great if ubi-soft could implement this as a game mode with no perks or kill streaks... but it would need atleast 2 specific maps that are tailored to this mode with prisions and enemy armoury bases

    *Edit* to even add further drama to this scenario.... If each round start was the guy to bust out his team mate captives vs a lone guard at the prision cell.... If the guard (player) kills the player trying to break out his mates then the round is lost and cut's to an animation of him spitting on the captives while they hammer their fists against the bars.... If the guy trying to bust his mates out kills the guard (triggers the alarm opens cell timed trigger and armoury same timed trigger) switch on the wall opens the cell door immediatley (also triggers the alarm and opens the armoury immediatley) and sets the round in full swing of breakout with all players leaving camera track and spawning into game.... I like the idea of alot riding on 2 individuals at round start... Alot of focus on them and what happens from here the guard cannot open the cell door though (have visualized the in / outs to avoid people screwing with the triggers)

    The guard would only have a hand gun while the player trying to break out the escapees has a more powerfull gun say a shotgun

    Definatley would require a bullet clip brush across the Prision cell and simply animated captives so the guard cannot shoot the captives as they are not players yet until spawn.

    The guard can leave his post as is overiden by the wall switch opening the cell and the armoury it would be a gamble for the guy trying to break out his mates wether to look for the guard or push the switch... I'm sure you get the idea

    Only when the switch is pushed / guard dies (time trigger) do the remaining players on both teams spawn and leave leave camera track of their individual team members.

    There should be a reasonably small player clipped area at the atart of match that stops the guard and player trying to break out his mates from straying too far from the prision cell.... This player clip would then dissapear when the full breakout round starts

    What do you make of that Johnien! I'd really like this to be an official mode that ships with game
    Last edited by ronster2011; 05-05-2012 at 12:56 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  8. #18
    Senior Member Ix Johnnien xI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nesodden, Norway
    Posts
    763
    Sounds good. Expanding a little here. The pirate base has radios, which the pirates use to call for reinforcements. The prisoners can hack the radios to call in support from nearby rebels in opposition to the pirates.
    Last edited by Johnnien; 05-05-2012 at 10:37 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  9. #19
    Senior Member iiiNero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,031
    TDM and deathmatch are so boring. its just playing for kills... there should be a no respawn mode like siege in Ghost recon.
    i want objective modes and not just simple tdm.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnien View Post
    Sounds good. Expanding a little here. The pirate base has radios, which the pirates use to call for reinforcements. The prisoners can hack the radios to call in support from nearby rebels in opposition to the pirates.
    That woudl make it severly unbalanced beacuse you cannot respawn i.e. alot rests on escaping alive and escapees have no weapons at the start they have to aquire them.so to call in reinforcements on people with no weapons is a bit unfair? Perhaps a gamebreaker... Got to have some chance to escape don't you think
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •