1. #11
    UnDead_Knight1's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Nazareth, Israel
    Posts
    7,459
    I wouldn't say it's the dumbest...ok, maybe I would xD they should have stories from the same genre competing, or otherwise it's pointless :/
    Share this post

  2. #12
    Gi1t's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,589
    Originally Posted by UnDead_Knight1 Go to original post
    I wouldn't say it's the dumbest...ok, maybe I would xD they should have stories from the same genre competing, or otherwise it's pointless :/
    I'm just sick of people acting like everything's involved in some universal competition. -__- So many people these days seem fixated on passing their own personal edict on every game: "Perfect" or "God Awful", and everyone who disagrees has to be written off somehow. Are people really that freaked out about having opinions on things? They can't have multiple opinions on factors within the same game? -__-
    Share this post

  3. #13
    KZarr's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pasargadae
    Posts
    2,584
    Originally Posted by Gi1t Go to original post
    Maybe someone should hold a poll for the website with the dumbest, most pointless polls.
    Lets make a list for ourselves:
    IGN
    Gamespot
    Gametrailers
    G4TV
    Official PS Magazine
    Official Xbox Magazine
    and all the other gamesbot sites that **** reviews with a scale that starts at 7.

    Originally Posted by Gi1t Go to original post
    I'm just sick of people acting like everything's involved in some universal competition. -__- So many people these days seem fixated on passing their own personal edict on every game: "Perfect" or "God Awful", and everyone who disagrees has to be written off somehow. Are people really that freaked out about having opinions on things? They can't have multiple opinions on factors within the same game? -__-
    People just don't understand the concept of opinion. Want to lose faith in humanity? Read this review by TomChick, who is one of the most respected names in the industry. He gives Uncharted 3 a bad score and suddenly EVERYONE is flaming him. The game industry is probably the most immature industry these days.

    Read some of the comments here:

    You're saying it's impossible to hate Uncharted 3?
    Yes... actually, it's fundamentally everything that is good about gaming.
    Like WTF?!?
    Share this post

  4. #14
    POP1Fan's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    785
    Originally Posted by KZarr Go to original post
    Lets make a list for ourselves:
    IGN
    Gamespot
    Gametrailers
    G4TV
    Official PS Magazine
    Official Xbox Magazine
    and all the other gamesbot sites that **** reviews with a scale that starts at 7.


    People just don't understand the concept of opinion. Want to lose faith in humanity? Read this review by TomChick, who is one of the most respected names in the industry. He gives Uncharted 3 a bad score and suddenly EVERYONE is flaming him. The game industry is probably the most immature industry these days.

    Read some of the comments here:



    Like WTF?!?
    Well...Uncharted is the most over-rated game series ever (maybe except Mario).
    Share this post

  5. #15
    Gi1t's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,589
    Originally Posted by KZarr Go to original post
    Lets make a list for ourselves:

    People just don't understand the concept of opinion. Want to lose faith in humanity? Read this review by TomChick, who is one of the most respected names in the industry. He gives Uncharted 3 a bad score and suddenly EVERYONE is flaming him. The game industry is probably the most immature industry these days.


    Like WTF?!?

    "Impossible to hate it." Wow. XD

    I tend to be less annoyed by comments like that than I am by the opposite. People who say "It's fundamentally impossible for anyone to like it." And they say this when arguing with FANS. -__- Their attitude seems to be some wierd combination of the first three stages: denial, anger, bargaining... They curse and sputter about how nobody could or should like the game, they come up with excuses and categories for the obvious existence of fans and just go right on pretending those fans aren't people, whether they do it intentionally or not.

    They seem to think that if they let fans exist or admit to the game having ANY positive qualities at all, their opinion becomes weak. -__- It doesn't. An opinion has the same value regardless of how it changes or how moderate it is. Admitting a game has flaws doesn't make it objectively bad and admitting that a game isn't a complete, abject failure doesn't mean you're a loser for not liking it. There are plenty of great games that I just don't like that much, but I don't have any problem with them being great anyway.
    Share this post