Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vote for Prince of Persia ! | Forums

I wouldn't say it's the dumbest...ok, maybe I would xD they should have stories from the same genre competing, or otherwise it's pointless :/

My DA gallery
    Oldest active member of the Deathbringers, if you don't like PoP08, join us
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by UnDead_Knight1 View Post
    I wouldn't say it's the dumbest...ok, maybe I would xD they should have stories from the same genre competing, or otherwise it's pointless :/
    I'm just sick of people acting like everything's involved in some universal competition. -__- So many people these days seem fixated on passing their own personal edict on every game: "Perfect" or "God Awful", and everyone who disagrees has to be written off somehow. Are people really that freaked out about having opinions on things? They can't have multiple opinions on factors within the same game? -__-

Quote Originally Posted by Gi1t View Post
    Maybe someone should hold a poll for the website with the dumbest, most pointless polls.
    Lets make a list for ourselves:
    IGN
    Gamespot
    Gametrailers
    G4TV
    Official PS Magazine
    Official Xbox Magazine
    and all the other gamesbot sites that **** reviews with a scale that starts at 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Gi1t View Post
    I'm just sick of people acting like everything's involved in some universal competition. -__- So many people these days seem fixated on passing their own personal edict on every game: "Perfect" or "God Awful", and everyone who disagrees has to be written off somehow. Are people really that freaked out about having opinions on things? They can't have multiple opinions on factors within the same game? -__-
    People just don't understand the concept of opinion. Want to lose faith in humanity? Read this review by TomChick, who is one of the most respected names in the industry. He gives Uncharted 3 a bad score and suddenly EVERYONE is flaming him. The game industry is probably the most immature industry these days.

Read some of the comments here:

You're saying it's impossible to hate Uncharted 3?
    Yes... actually, it's fundamentally everything that is good about gaming.
    Like WTF?!?
    Last edited by KZarr; 04-20-2012 at 09:56 AM.
    _______

|XBL|-|Steam|-|PSN:KZarr_Altair

Quote Originally Posted by KZarr View Post
    IGN
    Gamespot
    Gametrailers
    G4TV
    Official PS Magazine
    Official Xbox Magazine
    and all the other gamesbot sites that **** reviews with a scale that starts at 7.

People just don't understand the concept of opinion. Want to lose faith in humanity? Read this review by TomChick, who is one of the most respected names in the industry. He gives Uncharted 3 a bad score and suddenly EVERYONE is flaming him. The game industry is probably the most immature industry these days.

Read some of the comments here:

Like WTF?!?
    Well...Uncharted is the most over-rated game series ever (maybe except Mario).

~ Light and proud ~
    Nimic nu e adevarat.Totul e permis.
    Signature made by EmperorxZurg ; Avatar made by Blind2Society - Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by KZarr View Post

Like WTF?!?

"Impossible to hate it." Wow. XD

I tend to be less annoyed by comments like that than I am by the opposite. People who say "It's fundamentally impossible for anyone to like it." And they say this when arguing with FANS. -__- Their attitude seems to be some wierd combination of the first three stages: denial, anger, bargaining... They curse and sputter about how nobody could or should like the game, they come up with excuses and categories for the obvious existence of fans and just go right on pretending those fans aren't people, whether they do it intentionally or not.

They seem to think that if they let fans exist or admit to the game having ANY positive qualities at all, their opinion becomes weak. -__- It doesn't. An opinion has the same value regardless of how it changes or how moderate it is. Admitting a game has flaws doesn't make it objectively bad and admitting that a game isn't a complete, abject failure doesn't mean you're a loser for not liking it. There are plenty of great games that I just don't like that much, but I don't have any problem with them being great anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12