Thread: Uplay will not take my CD Key code. | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Uplay will not take my CD Key code.

Im having a problem with the CD Key code that i got with Splinter Cell Conviction.
    I bought the game on steam and it says the key code has been used before.
    I suppose this is because i had the game installed on the same computer before but it got a virus and i had to
    format the hard drive and reinstall everything.

What do i do?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hello basbastibastian... sorry to here about your issue with Splinter Cell Conviction... look here:http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/a...Mkg2YVVDVms%3D. Basically, you have entered the incorrect Uplay/Ubisoft username and/or password that is bound to that specific CD Key. The account that is bound to that specific CD Key cannot ever be changed or altered... so, if you "had the game installed on the same computer before" but can't login now, this means you have entered the incorrect Uplay/Ubisoft username and/or password that is bound to that specific CD Key. The good news is: If you cannot remember that account information, all you have to do is contact Ubisoft Technical Support here http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/ask/rnv/10 and Ask A Question... provide Technical Support with your CD key for verification and they will be glad to send/email you the correct Uplay/Ubisoft username and password .

Good luck.
    Last edited by Green.Hornet; 04-14-2012 at 04:53 PM.

I have the same problem, funny though, I am logged in with the correct account, and even the uplay dashboard shows that I own Conviction on this very account, yet it still asks a key.

Brilliant.

I have the same problem, I am online with my normal uplay account but this piece of **** is asking for a cd-key... So when I enter my cd-key it says its already in use. Hey uplay your software is about a worth piece of ****!!!! This has me so annoyed, and I don't feel call calling UBI for support and they're not even open on the weekends, the only time I would have to call them. So now I can't play a game I paid money for at all.... worthless company should be shut down.

Sorry, but I am angry because this is such BS! I have been fooling with this all evening and haven't came to any means of fixing it without trying to call up the company themselves.

I am having the same problem as Surihtanil.

It says my code has already been used even though I am logged in into the account that I first registered the game with so its weird that its asking me for the key again.
    To be sure,I went to the uplay website and logged in and there it was,the game appeared under my dashboard saying that i owned the game.

Ubisoft mods/admins/tech support,please assist.

Hi guys, please contact technical support so they can take a look, the link is in my signature.
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush View Post
    Hi guys, please contact technical support so they can take a look, the link is in my signature.
    I submitted the support ticket days ago and even bump my question up twice but there's no reply from them yet.

Question Reference #120609-000566

I opened a Ticket and i'm waiting! #120620-000032
    Update: Hey, just to let you guys know: i updated my game to 1.04 and the key issue was gone, now i can play multiplayer matches and all that stuff!
    Last edited by llllshadowllll; 06-20-2012 at 05:42 PM.

I'm currently having the exact same problem, I got SC:C months ago on Steam, I played it a lot back then, but now when I try to play it refuses my CD Key. I only have 1 Steam account and 1 UPlay account, so why won't it work? Nothing has changed on my end. All I can say is Ubisoft are terrible at making their ports work. I had so many problems with the updater and multiplayer when they first released the game, good to see nothing has changed and it's still terrible support.

Both myself and a friend I co-op with occasionally are having the very same problem. We launched SCC from Steam tonight and were both greeted with a dialog asking for our CD keys. We enter the correct keys and we get a big red fail "cd key is already in use" notice. I don't think it's a username/password issue as we both are logged into UPlay automatically, with the same login info that worked fine a couple weeks ago. I'll send a ticket to support and see if I have better luck at getting a response than others seem to have had.

Bif